Glee

Goodbye

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM May 22, 2012 on FOX

• Goodbye? More like "See 'ya next Fall"

I REALLY wanted to like this episode more than I did. I appreciate that the writers didn't go totally over-the-top sappy, trying to get the audience weepy the whole episode. I also liked a few of the twists: "Ousting" Figgins? Finchel not getting married! (Not that I thought they really should). Kurt and Finn not getting into their respective schools (though I kinda saw that one coming).

Musically the episode was okay - Rachel's "Roots Before Branches" was well sung (of course) and well acted, although I do agree that the Marlo Thomas "That Girl" look with the knee highs and Barbie pink roller suitcase was a little much. Kurt's "I Remember" was terrific. I usually don't like his voice, but it really worked. LOVED Burt's "Single Ladies" - so great! HATED the "Glory Days" number - as Figgins is calling out the graduates like a curtain call. Why was Emma giving out the diplomas and Figgins calling the names, btw? Shouldn't it have been the other way around?

So next season? Finn off to boot camp (won't happen). Kurt, Santana, and Puck stuck in Lima (Community College, perhaps?). Unique joins ND (given). Sue goes out on maternity (does she come back? Does JL have a new contract?). Roz and Sue try to oust Figgins (outside of sexual harassment how's THAT gonna happen?). Glee gets some new blood (I better watch the Glee Project this season!). Sorry, but I'm not feelin' it.