Glee

Mash Off

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Nov 15, 2011 on FOX

• World War Glee (spoilers)

So the hot-button topic this week is finn vs santana, but i;ll get to that last because i think a lot less happened this episode.

First off...awwwwwww Puck! Yes I think his lusting after Shelby is a tad icky and I'm glad Shelby has the good sense to resist it, but awwwwww Puck! If he isn't the cutest daddy to ever rock a mohawk. Not only do he and Beth steal the show, but he has the cahones to tell Shelby about Quinn's true intentions. This shows how much he really cares for Beth because he wants to be a part of her life in an honest way. Awwwww, Puck!

Shelby is finally hip to Quinn's game and tells her she's not Beth's mother and no matter what she wears, she still not-so-little-girl-lost. I'm scared of what Quinn will do next, but I'm glad Shelby knows the truth about her.

The reforming of the Rachel/Kurt alliance. At the speeches, Rachel withdraws and tells everyone to vote for Kurt because she doesn't want to go to New York without him. I loved this becuase a, it shows Rachel putting someone before herself and b, Rachel and Kurt's bestie-ship is one of the sweetest aspects of the show and I was sad they killed it, but glad they brought it to life again.

And now, the big one. First off, are Will and Shelby crazy to encourage healthy competition between their glee clubs? "Healthy competition" is only good up until age, say, ten and especially with these glee clubs it's not a good idea. But Santana is not her usual self if not a little worse and Finn tells her she's a coward because she's still in the closet. He also happens to say it in a crowded hallway when she's ten feet away. And someone overhears it and ends up in a campaign ad for the opponent of Sue and Burt (more on that later). And despite of this (besides I think it's illegal to run that kind of ad with a minor, but she might be eighteen) I'm on team Finn. While it's awful she was outed in such a public fashion, Finn didn't do it on purpose and Santana sort of had it coming. I know, I know it was awful and maybe she didn't deserve that exactly, but the minute before, she had been ripping into every single aspect of Finn's life under the guise of "apologizing". Not to mention her behavior has been nothing short of heinous. In season 2, she broke up finn and rachel as well as sam and quinn and in this episode, mercedes tells her to stop and even brittany tells her she's being too mean. when brittany tells santana there;s something wrong with her behavior, all is not right in who-ville. She didn't deserve to be outed in such a pulbic way, but its also hard to feel too bad for someone who does nothing but harass everyone around her and feels no remorse.

Santana sees Finn whispering to Rachel at the end of their number and automatically assumes he;s talking about her and she slaps him. That I felt was a little dramatic, but made sense in context. Wonder what next week will bring?

• Revealed talents!

Tonight's episode is good. The story line and song choices were good. I like the last song of the rival group - it brought out the talent of Santana. Very interesting, this episode is Santana heavy - her insults towards Finn heightened and Finn's spilling out about Santana's lesbianism.

It is also nice to see Rachel finally growing up by giving up the presidency for Kurt.

As always, I like their song and dance productions. Good episode!

• Impressed. Not bad at all. Happy300th!*Spoilers

I hate the Puck and Shelby relationshipstoryline. It's inappropriate and even more important, completely unnecessary when it comes to the larger storyline of Quinn going nuts and trying to take Beth. I did not like Hot for Teacher and am hoping that part of the storyline ends soon. However, Puck is very good with Beth and he knows that he was wrong trying to take the baby and help Quinn. I'm very happy that he told Shelby the truth and admitted that he was selfish to want the same thing. Finally someone explained to Quinn (even though she probably doesn't care) that shemay beBeth's birth mother but not her mom.

Sue's campaign ads were really corny and dumb, and I was mad that she insulted Carole in them. Also that almost all of Ohio believed that baboon crap.

I'm glad that Rachel decided to withdraw from the race to give Kurt her support. Though I'm mad that they're magically friends because they are no longer against each other. I'm weighing my dislike of banning dodgeball (it's classic!) and the fact that Brittany plans to go to school without clothes if she wins. Just because Rachel dropped out doesn't mean that the school doesn't need to save from book covers or whatever she was proposing, right? And I'd rather any one of the three as president overa rediculous nasty looking hockey dude and a cabinet of horny fellow players.

I'm glad that both the Troubletones and the New Directions did mash-ups (at the advisement of Shelby and Will). And even though I hate Will's voice, I loved the You and I2 mash up. The New Directions'performance was good and I'm glad that Tina and Quinn got to sing, but it was nothing compared to the Troubletones'. (The only thing I could think aboutduring the ND performance mash up was the'morning after'scene from (500) Days of Summer.) I loved Rumour Has It/Someone Like You. At first I was a little iffy about how they put the "Don't forget me..." parts in, but I've gotten more used to it and I love it.

Santana's insults to Finn were unreasonably witty and cruel this episode. I liked the dodgeball game but kept asking myself, "Why must they aim for everybody's heads" and I was shocked when Rory was bleeding at the end after being pelted by the Troubletone's dodgeballs (until: *insert oh brave and honorable Kurt).

And then Finn told Santana to come out of the closet, stopping her in her tracks. Said conversation was unfortunately overheard by another student with a parent intheCongresscampaign. And then Santana becomes the new face of an anti-Lesbian sting ad against Sue.

Karma's a b*tch, right?

But then worse was the fact that Santana's family doesn't know. As she made it clear, it's one thing if the school knows, but another if word gets back home. No matter what she has done (and that's alot) I still feel sorry for her. (Isn't it illegal to put a minor in an ad like that without permission?) Apparently Lima Heights Adjacent isnot only on the wrong side of the tracks- it's a land where guardians try to sell their children and call them "garbage face" for much of their young lives. Nice. Like we need a rerun of the events in Ballad.

• This could easily be the best episode of the season so far!!! All the songs were amazing, and I love that everyone gets to sing, it's way better this way. They are all amazingly talented. The synopsis is false by the way. No Harmony in this episode, folks.

spoilers ahead:

Santana sort of had it coming to her, but not like this, I really like her character and I felt very sorry for her at the end of the episode. Her bitching is something, but being publicised like this is something else. I could just imagine how she felt when Sue called her into her room, Naya Rivera is such a talented person - both in singing and in acting.

Also, the songs were brilliant. In my opinion, apart from the storyline, the "Hot For Teacher" number was an instant classic. And the Adele mash-up was really good too, they somehow managed to sound even better than Adele.

CW