Glee

Mash Off

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Nov 15, 2011 on FOX

• World War Glee (spoilers)

So the hot-button topic this week is finn vs santana, but i;ll get to that last because i think a lot less happened this episode.

First off...awwwwwww Puck! Yes I think his lusting after Shelby is a tad icky and I'm glad Shelby has the good sense to resist it, but awwwwww Puck! If he isn't the cutest daddy to ever rock a mohawk. Not only do he and Beth steal the show, but he has the cahones to tell Shelby about Quinn's true intentions. This shows how much he really cares for Beth because he wants to be a part of her life in an honest way. Awwwww, Puck!

Shelby is finally hip to Quinn's game and tells her she's not Beth's mother and no matter what she wears, she still not-so-little-girl-lost. I'm scared of what Quinn will do next, but I'm glad Shelby knows the truth about her.

The reforming of the Rachel/Kurt alliance. At the speeches, Rachel withdraws and tells everyone to vote for Kurt because she doesn't want to go to New York without him. I loved this becuase a, it shows Rachel putting someone before herself and b, Rachel and Kurt's bestie-ship is one of the sweetest aspects of the show and I was sad they killed it, but glad they brought it to life again.

And now, the big one. First off, are Will and Shelby crazy to encourage healthy competition between their glee clubs? "Healthy competition" is only good up until age, say, ten and especially with these glee clubs it's not a good idea. But Santana is not her usual self if not a little worse and Finn tells her she's a coward because she's still in the closet. He also happens to say it in a crowded hallway when she's ten feet away. And someone overhears it and ends up in a campaign ad for the opponent of Sue and Burt (more on that later). And despite of this (besides I think it's illegal to run that kind of ad with a minor, but she might be eighteen) I'm on team Finn. While it's awful she was outed in such a public fashion, Finn didn't do it on purpose and Santana sort of had it coming. I know, I know it was awful and maybe she didn't deserve that exactly, but the minute before, she had been ripping into every single aspect of Finn's life under the guise of "apologizing". Not to mention her behavior has been nothing short of heinous. In season 2, she broke up finn and rachel as well as sam and quinn and in this episode, mercedes tells her to stop and even brittany tells her she's being too mean. when brittany tells santana there;s something wrong with her behavior, all is not right in who-ville. She didn't deserve to be outed in such a pulbic way, but its also hard to feel too bad for someone who does nothing but harass everyone around her and feels no remorse.

Santana sees Finn whispering to Rachel at the end of their number and automatically assumes he;s talking about her and she slaps him. That I felt was a little dramatic, but made sense in context. Wonder what next week will bring?