Glee

Nationals

Aired Friday 8:00 PM May 15, 2012 on FOX

• Expecting the expected

Not a lot of surprises. You knew they had to win (since several of the principals are graduating). Personally, and I may be hated for this, I thought VA was better. While ND was more ensemble driven (with the exception of Rachel's solo for Carmen Tibideau's benefit) Unique and VA were just better. I do find myself "suspending reality" more and more often: in the choir room the Glee gang numbers 10? Then they get on stage and there are 20 people singing and dancing away. Where'd those other people come from?

Oh, one other point of note - when the announcer announces the winners, watch closely. ND starts cheering when he says "From....", before he even gets to Lima, Ohio. Not a big deal, but kinda funny. Well, they have their trophy now and all the accolades of the school. Season 4 is certain to start off with a huge list of people wanting to audition. Maybe then they can get rid of Sugar. And Unique's comment "maybe I need to switch schools next year" was less than subtle.

I agree with others that Mr. Shu winning TOY was a little too much. But hey, it's Glee. Suspend reality!
FOX