Glee

FOX (ended 2015)

AJMeredith

Glee Fan Reviews page 5 of 9

• Episode 10 Yes/No

This epsiode was AWESOME!! The pool scene and the Grease scene were great!! keep up the good work you guys!!
  • This is not a tv show

3.5
    I watched the entire first season and thought it was alright, maybe a 7.5 back then. I had high hopes that the showrunners would learn from their early stumbles, focus more effort on the non-musical aspects and blossom into good television despite the novelty of a musical tv show wearing off. The opposite happened. They seemed to care even less about things that are vital to good writing: character consistency and a focus on events that matter to a well-defined plot suffered the most. Gimmicks and a disjointed collection of mini-plots (if they can be called plots at all) prospered.

All too often, songs have little or nothing to do with the plot. Since the songs are all they care about, you'd think there would be some inspiration or creativity behind their choice of covers, but no. They are always either (a) whatever top 40 hit is the trendiest at the moment or (b) some popular old classic that's already been covered a thousand times. That's what sells iTunes downloads and that's what matters.

Glee is no longer a tv show. It's a high-budget infomercial for iTunes downloads. In that respect, it's great. 10 out of 10.
  • my school loves glee

my school loves glee they always talk about it!even my teacher.when we play the game favorites they always say there favorite show is glee! bye all glee fans
  • Glee is AMAZING

I love glee! Its such a good show. It isn't all musical, their are very comedic and dramatic moments and I hope it comes back for a 4th season!
  • I like the show.

I think that the show is really good. It's very unique and highly entertaining, but I just don't feel that it's the must-watch every week. I can't sit and watch Glee for several hours without getting bored quickly.

It feels a little too dramatic at times, but overall, I think that it's a great show.
  • What's happened? Where is this show going

Loved:
    - Brittany's "Girls" number
    - Mike Chang's mother's support
    - Both Rachel and Mercedes were super
    - Will's support of Emma
    - The closing montage

Didn't like:
    - Mercedes attitude (just like Quinn last episode)
    - Where was Sue? All the conflict was rip for her.

This show is now about individuals, which I applaud from the character
    development standpoint, but Glee was always about the group having
    a problem and working it out through great music.

Already tired of the B'way songs/themes.

Next episode may be my last.

• Glee going Down hill

Now I have been a loyal show of the t.v show since the very beginning and thought the first season was magnificent and by far the best thing ever seen on t.v before, the storylines were gripping and relatable and the songs were fantastic. Season 2 of the show was still really good and better than anything on t.v but failed to hit the mark that they hit in the show's first season. However the 3rd season is by far the worst, i constantly find myself starting to give up on the show when i used to live for every episode i know sad but true. However the entire season 3 isn't bad they have had some saviour episodes but i think if they don't find a way to get back to the way show used to be then I might be giving up on it. Also I heard that they are planning to get rid of Lea Michele and Chris Colfer and that would definetely ruin the show without a doubt if they do so.

• First season masterpiece season two=BIG FAILURE, that's easily IT.

Yeah i have been a gleek since day one, the show was just great(not much but okay), liked the songs liked the remakes the story in the other hand wasn't strong but okay.

Season 2 in the other hand is just out of it, the songs is okay but the storyline, the act, and absolutely richel plz grow up you made me feel angry just by hearing your whining.

• Too much success.

5.5

I really enjoyed the first season, but I think that somewhere Murphy and the whole show lost track of themselves. I really appreciated the music and choreographics, and managed for a long time to ignore the high school stuff and the illogical storylines.

Probably the success has gone to the head of Murphy, who started to believe he could get away with almost anything. You can see it in the evolution of most character, from endearing outcasts sticking together to prove themselves to total egoistic, annoying a**holes (and Will Schuester's storyline was utterly ridiculous).

I don't doubt there have to been good episoded after I've stopped watching (before the superbowl episoded) and the show has really try to tackle some pretty big issues, but it's too much heavy-handed (and there was a lot of victimism).

• About time! Thanks a return to the Rock n Roll songs that my wife and I fell in love with the show in the first place, but enough with the gay themes.

We all understand there are gay people in our society , so some stories of homosexual tolerance, ok we get it. But enough already , we were on our last show. You won a second chance. keep the music going that most of us enjoy , not the Broadway musical crap that the mojority can't stand. If I have to fast forward another Broadway tune or to many gay scenes this show will be deleted from my DVR recordings.

• Another Tv show that has the cast singing a lot but this one is good

Another Tv show that has the cast singing a lot but this one is good. Well Glee is a tv show about a group of high school kids being memebers of a glee club you know a school club where you sing and preform. Well in this show the characters would sing covers of other artist's songs like showtunes, pop, rock, and a bunch of others and insted of being a 1 hour muscial drama it also has comedy and I love characters i mostly love Rachel, she is so talented. Also the bullies pick on the Gleeks by throwing red sluppies at them but the show is really awesome
  • Season was a 10; Season 2, I'm downgrading this show to 8...

I loved the first season of Glee --- it was on point in delivering believable storylines and it was quite successful in building characters that we have learned to love. But lately, the second season --- I don't know what's going on! It's just so many things have happened that I could even care less about the characters anymore. Personalities change in just a snap and each episode seems not to be well planned to make a cohesive season and the songs are too contrived to the story. When it highs,it's marvelous (i,e Never Been Kissed, Grilled Cheesus, The Substitute); But when it hit lows, it goes right down the bottom. The most recent episode is actually one of my favorite episodes of the season (along with Grilled Cheesus and The Substitute). Because in these kind of episodes, the characters become real and human to us. We can relate to their plight and what they're going through. In this particular episode, we get to know Sam and Santana and what they are going through. I just hope that the writers and the creators can realize that so they can keep the following and stay relevant.

What I loved most about the shows was not actually their rendition of the songs, what I loved most about is it gives voice to issues that we usually would have swept under the rug. It's bold and it's unafraid. If they just keep us feeding episodes with the songs being the main attraction, then I'd rather watch American Idol or any song competition. So c'mon, as Randy Jackson would say, Keep it real!
  • They destroy a great show! The first season was a must in tv, now its just a joke, where are the genius who write the first 13 episodes? :(

So what's happened to Glee? Well, it became a huge hit. That means it acquired more creative freedom from its network. And that freedom became its trap. Glee has been indulging its worst instincts.
    I haven't abandoned a show in a very long time … probably because they all get canceled before I'm done with them. With the new Glee season, I made it into last episode and decided I wanted my self-respect back.
    It's seams its becoming, worst at every new episode, soon it will be remembered as the worst show in tv history, the example of something good turning bad :(
  • Comedy + Drama + Music = Superb

Glee is still one of my favorite shows after all, because I really enjoy how it mixes comic, dramatic and musical components in 40-minute episodes.

I think the goal of this series is to give a message of hope and encourage self-expression. Characters are indeed mostly outsiders, and they perform songs to express their inner feelings. Some others are popular students that do not need to belong to the glee club - it actually hurts their reputation - but they are motivated by self-expression and use the glee club to connect with their humanity.

Otherwise, all the actors are extremely talented, they have wonderful singing / dancing skills.

• would someone please explain this show's appeal to me?

1.5
    honestly, i dont get it. this show has been so popular before it even really aired from its pilot on the internet and theyve put it out on dvd when its been on for like three months, so i figured i;d give it a shot. and it was because i had a firend who had the dvds so we watched the first two episodes and they were HORRBILE! i cant see how this show is so popular! i;ll agree the songs are good, but you cant ride on that alone! i have so many problems with this show, starting with the actors. i know that they like to get people over 18 to play teenagers cuz they can work longer dont need tutors, etc, etc. and one of my favorite shows is 90210, but on glee it is BLATANTLY OBVIOUS theyre not in high school. the main character is all I'm omly a sophomore! while she looks older than sophmore in college. and i wouldn't mind the fact that none of them look like high school kids if they were likable as characters which theyre not. every chracter on the show is obnoxious and stereotyped and you end up hating the chracters you can tell they want you to root for. i admit i like the songs but i dont see what the show has riding for it other than that. the jokes are lame, the chracters are all mean, and tis frustratingly obvious how old they all are. that is the biggest mystery, why this show is so poular. and you know what? i like high school musical so much better.
  • Glee... Grease? Yes, it's full of grease, so much it'll make you want to slid away from the tv

I don't hate this show like Dojinfan_2k but I don't think it is worth watching. The only good thing that I found about it is the Vogue video, the rest isn't good nor entertaining.

I've been watching films and movies for 25 years and I haven't been able to understand the purpose of musicals.

Characters on this show go from the classroom to the toilet and when they arrive there's a musical skit waiting for them. They go to the janitor's office to get a mop and there's a musical skit waiting for them. It is not reasonable, it goes beyond the absurd: there's no point in what's happening on the screen .

Above all, some of the actors playing the kids look like they were 40 years old, it worse than the original 90210.

There's no cohesion, no logic and no purpose on this show but if you just like to watch and listen to musicals, then go for it but be warned that your brain may end up melt, if it isn't already.
  • Why is "Glee" the phenomenon that it is? I don't really understand.

3.5
    I started watching "Glee" after reading it was a huge hit in the United States. A musical comedy was likely to catch me because I like musicals. The first episode was not bad, but I started to loose the interest while watching the second and although I really tried to like the series, I stopped watching it after the 7th episode.

So why is "Glee" the phenomenon that it is? I don't really understand because it is a very simple story with not brilliant but the opposite dialogues and silly any times. Some music numbers are good but they destroyed other songs. Yeah, I gave up "Glee" for good.
  • Sorry guys, but I don't see all the hype.

From where I'm seeing it, Glee is a just a more mature version of High School Musical in a nutshell. As I already hate High School Musical anyway, this won't be a positive review.

I started watching Glee with my parents a few months back. A musical comedy wasn't likely to catch me in the first place (being as I'm not a fan of musicals), but I was bored at the time so I just watched Glee with the family. To start with, it's incomprehensible. The characters go from one place to another and there's a song waiting for them. Of course, that happens with all musicals, so I can't really complain here.

Secondly, I find it pretty boring. It doesn't help that I don't like down-to-earth shows. Or the fact that it plays like a soap opera (which I already hate in the first place too).

And now about the songs. Some musical numbers are good, but most of the time, they destroy the original songs. For example, the Rocky Horror Picture Show episode. Mercedes was cast as Frank 'N' Furter. The creators COMPLETELY missed the point of the original song (being as it was about a transvestite). You can't have a girl singing 'Sweet Transvestite'. It doesn't make sense. Of course, you could argue by saying; "She's singing about the gender she is! She's not a transvestite, she's a girl!" No. Not even. She's just a minor wearing fishnets and a corset.

Overall, I just don't get why Glee has become a phenomenon. It's only High School Musical intended for older audiences (in my eyes). I give this show a 3/10.
  • Another High School Musical wannabe show

it's bad enough that Highschool Musical sucks anyways and this show is not any better. I can tolerate the gay characters on the show, but not only is the singing bad, the storyline and the acting is bad on the show. It only took 5 minutes to want to stick toilet paper in my ears after hearing them sing. This show is just another teen BS show and i don't know why it's called a comedy show. It has no depth and no humor at all and half the teen guys in the show look like dorks. I guess that's the "fasion" for teen men nowadays
  • This show's okay, if you enjoy disgusting high school drama and listening to music you hear everyday on the radio anyways.

I'm not a big fan of this show's drama or music, but I rather enjoy the comedy. It's pretty funny and has some original humor. I don't think I've seen enough of the show to figure out if it's trying to be serious or not though in some of the situations. I might watch it more, but I'm pretty sure it own't change my opinion. I give it a six.
  • Glee is the Best Show I Have ever seen! I Don't think T.V gets this good.

Glee focuses mostly on the singing loving Rachel Berry, who has Joined her high school Glee club. Mr Sheuster is in charge of this Glee club because he used to be in a Glee club. He blackmails the most Popular kid in school, Finn Huddsen into joining the glee club, because he was caught smoking pot. In Glee rehearsales, Rachel Falls in love with Finn, even though Finn has a Girlfriend, Quinn Fabray, the president of the celebacy club, but pregnant with Noah "Puck" Puckerman's baby, even thoughshe told Finn it was his. Quinn, the head of the Cheerleaders joins Glee club, then Puck. But the Cheerleading Coach wants to stop the Glee club and will stop at nothing unless it's gone. The guidence counceller, who is Mr. Will Sheusters best friends falls for him and tries to get him, even though he's married, With a baby on the way, is what he thinks. Teri, Wills wife, tries all she can to get a baby to no avail. So she decides to consult Quinn, and Quinn agrees to give the baby to her, so Teri is faking haveing a baby to Will. Even though Puck wants to be the babys dad, as does Finn. Puck and Finn are best friends.

The Drama doesn't get better than this!
  • A great show with music and more

The history is not so good,but the music makes this show a great option.I like glee because of the both,music and plot.Singing popular songs is a good thing too.
  • In my opinion, Glee is television gold. It has great music, a magnificent cast, hilarious moments, and teriffic storylines. It is no wonder the show (& cast), have skyrocketed to instant stardom.

The difficult thing about writing a review for Glee is that most people already have an opinion formed already. Some people hate musicals so they already know that they won't enjoy the show. While others love musicals, so they thrive on every musical number and refuse to find fault with the show.

As for me, I am already a huge fan of musicals. I have love for all the greats such as Barbra Streisand, Patti LuPone, Bette Midler, Bernadette Peters, and Ethel Merman. And what I love is that Glee pays homage to all of them and many great musicals throughout the years.

However, Glee is more than just a musical. Although it does have many elements of a musical and a portion of the songs are actually sung "outside" of the Glee club, there is much more to the show. Most of the songs are sung in the Glee club and performed as would be performed in real life. Also, there are typically only about on average 6 songs per episode leaving many opportunites for an adequate storyline.

Speaking of storyline, although are many subpar moments, overall it is a very well written show. There a handful of characters that I find to be very complex and extremely interesting to watch. Those characters are Kurt Hummel, Sue Sylvester, Rachel Berry, Santana Lopez, and Mercedes Jones. I won't go into detail about each of the characters but they have all changed throughout the series and have shown many sides to them that have increased my likeability for the show.

I feel that so far, Glee has yet to run out of ideas or songs for that matter and I hope the show will make it past the 3rd season and will continue on for many more seasons after that.
  • Great great show for the high school age group

Show follows a high school glee club in Ohio and the diversity of the kids in it, along with their day to day struggles as outcasts, coupled with their journey to glee club competitions. An excellent show that combines music, comedy, and high school life and the troubles that kids face when growing up. Especially great for the adolescent age group because we can relate the several of the problems that actors have on-screen. Actors/actresses are good looking and the storyline is usually great. Adults will probably also like the soundtrack since the majority of the songs performed on the show come from the 70s and 80s.
  • I started watching this show after it got so many good reviews. Pretty good.

The first episode of the second season was the first episode I had watched and it was pretty cool. This show made me laugh a little but what really swept me away was the REALISM and their voices. The voices: May be a little autotuned but, their voices are beautiful. The realism: Unlike most shows, these characters are believable. You could go to a high school and see that some students are almost exactly the same. There are cliques and labels and that's what this show's all about.

No matter who you are, what you do and what you act like, if singing's your thing join the GLEE club.
  • Finally, a show that is fun to watch, has humour, and actually shows what real high school is like.

When I first saw the commercials for Glee, I thought it was another High School Musical and that it would die out fast. Then I actually watched an episode and was shocked at how much I loved it. I was hooked and I've watched it every week since then. First, let's start with the characters. Each of the characters is purposely stereotyped to the nth degree and they are all made fun of at some point as well as shown breaking their stereotype at least once. Each character is really fun and the entire cast has an amazing chemistry, and they are all incredibly talented performers.

Next, the music. This show has introduced me to so many new songs and I've grown to love them. There are a handful of songs that I don't like very much and a few performances that I skip over when I rewatch the episodes, but the music is usually well chosen and well performed. I love that this show shows what happens in a real high school. If the jocks suddenly start singing and dancing, people will start seeing them as losers, the fine arts nerds are usually the targets of the bullies, and teachers really do overlook bullying.

The show has it's weaker points, like inconsistent development of characters and plot, too many tribute episodes, and too much focus on the same characters over and over again. In my opinion, that is all overshadowed by the fact that it's fun to watch.

I really hope this show continues for a while and I can't wait to see where they go with it.
  • A Great Idea, Amazing performances, Lots of Potential.......BUT an ATROCIOUS STORYLINE!!!!!!

When this show started out, It was getting lots of hype and seemed very interesting. I was amongst the first to tune in and I was definitely able to see what the hype was about, the show's premise is very new, and it's is refreshing and fun to watch.
    For a while there, I was a HARD-CORE FAN!!
    The story itself though was never great (faking a pregnancy on her husband??? seriously!!!!) but then, deep stories wasn't exactly the reason I watched Glee so I was ok with it.....slowly however this is TOTALLY RUINING glee for me and for many fans!
    Glee is written by it's three creators and each of them has a different idea on what the show is. This results in: EXTREME INCONSISTENCY! Everything in the show is inconsistent starting from the plot-lines and right down to who the characters are. A new story is introduced every episode and all of the characters are shaped differently every week to fit the story!
    There's absolutely no consistency in the personalities of the characters so let alone character development.
    The plot-lines themselves are also ridiculous and the writers seem to mainly play in the land of exaggerated and unrealistic situations that could never happen in real-life!!
    Glee is becoming really painful to watch, with the last episode I got so bored, I decided to just watch the performances online! The writers of the show need to understand that it's not enough to have a fun show where people sing and dance, they need to start developing their plotlines clearly and coherently because it's really ruining every aspect of the show...
    FOR GOD'S SAKE, I no longer find Sue funny!!!
  • Nice Show With Cliche's

I heard people who say how cool and great this show is and I just finished it's fifth episode. So here is the deal, it's pilot is full of cliche's. I just saw Rachel launched a really misguided bowling ball and i begged every second that it wont knock all the bowls. And here is the kicker. It did. Is it too hard to leave a couple ones up. I have no bad statements against the acting, and the idea. What makes this show cool is the songs and usage of them. The plot was really cool at the beginning (actually I am at the beginning right now but I mean the pilot and stuff) but I have no argument against how great it is. Nevertheless I think it's a bit overrated. Ok, it's far from being a terrific show.
  • It's okay to me.Nah,Just Kidding.

I was wrong about this show.I don't hate it anymore.I LOVE IT!It's about a group of students in a Glee club singing songs that are popular.It 100 times better than Kidz Bop and 1,000,000 times better than that stupid High School Musical.Rachel is SOOO hot and Sue sylvester is hirailous,which what makes the show funny.I wouldn't call this a comedy though.I would call it a Drama because some of the episodes are not funny.For example,The gay guy named Kurt dad has a heart attack and almost dies in one episode.Really?!That's what you call a comedy?!Never mind.I give this an A.Score:
    Humor:There's barley any comedy
    Voices:Don't care
    Music:Great.

One of the greatest shows ever made.It's better than Gossip Girl,The Vampire Diaries and Teen Mom.
  • Sensational, Amazing, Musical of a Show!

Glee is an artfully crafted sensation of a show. Relevant to all audiences, Glee reaches out to the far reaches of "high school" to bring together the Glee Club. One may ask why its cast of extremely-typical cast of characters is so well loved. Though, typical we get a hands on look at the back story of each and every character. "It's hard to hate someone when you know their story." (Stu Gabe; Breaking down the walls) It's seems harder to judge, if not love them when we get to really know them. This show teaches us to learn to accept everyone no matter their status. The truth is everyone wants to be accepted, and this show helps us to realize the fault of bullying and how we can become better people.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9