Glee

FOX (ended 2015)

AJMeredith

Glee Fan Reviews (237)

• Terrible and Overrated

I don't get the love of this show. It's not a good show. It seems quite lame. A musical show shouldn't be about random songs that don't fit that normally have to do with sex. There's such terrible morals on the show that it's surprising that they addressed serious issues on the show. They mostly got muddled with the songs that didn't work. While things I don't like, whether they be shows or movies, win awards at some point, I especially hate that the show was nominated in the wrong category. It is totally a drama. How is it a comedy? If it were at least funny in some way, then that would make sense. I'm glad that this show tried to do something right even if I didn't like it. But it just didn't work in the end.
  • IT WAS AWESOME

all that i will say is that i totally loved it and although it got a bit dull in the season 4 it was great except the part where jake, ryder, marley, unique and all were taken out and i cried at the last episode but would have loved to see how they got there AND TO THE PRODUCERS I WISH ANOTHER SEASON WILL BE ADDED

• Glee love

I will really miss "glee" I will be so depressed when I the fall it doesn't come back on the it will not be the same without it
  • love for glee

i love glee

and i cry with the last episode
  • Great

I am a huge glee fan and i loved the first 3 seasons. but season 4 and 5 it started to get boring but now in season 6 its finally staring to get new life, must this really be the last of glee??!! Now that it finally have new excitement and life! Any chances on creating a full season of 23 episodes and even a 7th season!! GLEE can't end yet, not now!!
  • Amazing at first, but went Downhill from There...

I enjoyed Glee during the first couple of seasons with the Old Direction-ers and the story lines were well thought out and connected in each episode. They managed to make each one special and teach a lesson as well. Then, after the Old Direction-ers left the show began to spiral downwards. I understood the back to back plotline, with wanting to show what happened with the Old Direction-ers and keeping in tune with the New Direction-ers and that was fine with me. The thing that I did not quite understand and like at times was what the plot-lines entailed. The New York arc, for instance. For most, if not all, of her life Rachel wanted to be on Broadway and be just like Barbara why she gave all that up in the blink of an eye for a television show that may or may not be good. There was no possible way that she didn't know there was a standing chance her show could fail, especially since it was about her life (not to say it wasn't interesting, but the show could never live up to the drama and other events that actually occurred). I almost felt like her time in New York was a waste of time by the 6th season, but that's my opinion I suppose.

Then, there was the whole Kurt/Blaine ordeal. I know a lot of people like them together, but I honestly don't see the connection between the two as I might have when they first started out. Blaine was a confident and strong guy when the show first started out. Now he's whiny and petty, to be completely honest. I can say that Kurt is a bit more mature than he is in some areas now whereas it wasn't like that before. There's the fact they are always fighting over something. They get together, break up, then get together, then break up and so forth (an exaggeration, but you should get the gist of it). The only reason I can see that they get back together each and every time is because they're holding onto the idea of them being each other's first love (amongst other firsts). I'm not saying that it's unreasonable, but with the way their relationship has been going I believe they don't need to get back together. I can see more of a plot in Seblaine than I do in Klaine at the moment. At least it would bring something new to the table and isn't as disturbing as Karofsky and Blaine. Come on!

Speaking of the whole Klaine ordeal. Anyone want to explain to me why out-of-the-blue Sue has come out with a disturbing interest in seeing Kurt and Blaine together? There was no reference in the past that she supported their relationship in the way that she does. I honestly think, since the last episode with the whole puppet-elevator thing, that this was just the producers' way of getting them back together. By what? Forcing them? They didn't need to get back together, to go off my previous point of why. There's nothing there anymore. I feel like the whole Klaine arc is just a fan service to try and boost the ratings. If they were going to do it, why'd they have to go about it that way? Why on mother's earth is Blaine dating Karofsky? If he's willing to date the person that tormented Kurt in high school about being gay, while secretly being gay himself, then he might as well have dated Sebastian (who was more open about the fact that he was gay or bi). It would have brought more of a plot to the whole season. Especially since Kurt was hoping that Blaine wasn't dating Sebastian. The whole idea was just inconsiderate, to be completely honest. I felt it was going somewhere with the whole Kurt and the older guy thing. I feel like that's what Kurt needs and not someone like him, because they'd only butt heads. Someone older who has more experience and knows when to take a step back or take a step forward. No, I don't hate Blaine. He's one of my favorites, actually, but I just can't see him with Kurt any longer. I think they need different people. Someone who is not Karofsky, who needs someone entirely different than they.

There's also the slow degeneration of Will Schuester from a competent Spanish teacher and a fun, loving, and considerate Glee captain to an incompetent Spanish teacher (how?) and a more harsh and possibly pedophilic captain. Remember how he temporarily banned Marley from Glee (In the Katy vs. Gaga episode) because she was being herself? HERSELF? That's what Glee has been about from the beginning. Being yourself. Not being able to be someone else in the spur of the moment just to satisfy some goal of the day. She didn't feel comfortable being a Gaga, so she chose to remain a Katy. There was nothing wrong with that. Yet, he temporarily banned her because of it and made it seem like she couldn't follow his rude directions. It's not like she'd been there since the beginning like the other old direction-ers. She didn't have the time to get used to the idea of opening herself to other roles than what he expected her to. It was a complete flop in his character, really.

My biggest pet peeve is that despite the episodes that show the new members coming into Glee during this season (the 6th) there has not been as much focus on them as it has been in the last five. I don't see the point of them at all. I hardly see them except during the small clips of their reactions or whatnot. Another interesting plotline would have been the incest couple thing. Yes, it's controversial, but that's what would have made it a good plotline to follow up on. Instead, they're focusing on relationships between old characters. What's the point of trying to revive a Glee club if you hardly show the Glee club? I've seen more the Warblers than I have the Glee club the entire season, which I'm partially fine with since I love their group ;)

The show started to fall after the Old Direction-ers left and now it's just hit rock bottom. I'm not surprised there haven't been as many people watching. I don't want to watch a show that's now solely based on fan-favorite couples, marriage, and unattached plotlines. It's like bad fanfiction, which I dislike very much, mind you (bad fanfiction that is).

• Amazing

I admit Glee had went down in Season 4, but its resilience really shows in Season 6. Perfect 10 for me.
  • Best Dramedy Show Ever!

The show, "Glee", is very funny and sad. I'm a little upset to know the show'll be over.
  • Eureka!

Just realized why I stopped watching don't like I think they're trying to make her more of the "IT" girl than she actually is. I like Becky more!

I find myself watching out of loyalty more than anything else. The best music I've heard so far (I'm catching up) was their Billy Joel tribute.

I like it best when the jump back to the old cast. The cast they have now is boring and a lot less talented. I look forward to hearing Blaine, Unique and Artie.
  • Glee's new direction ...

Perhaps it's only me, but I really don't like Glee switching to New York only. It was annoying enough that some of the "old" staff graduated and almost never to be seen again (Quinn, Puck but I started to like Marley and Unique and Jack and Ryder and so on and I liked it when they sang, and watching Mr Shue, but I don't like the New York switch and the storylines.
  • wishing

i love glee
  • I miss Brittany

I still love Glee, but when Brittany left, the show lost a lot of it's spark. Would love to at least see a cameo appearance.

One more thing, I'd love to hear Santana sing";Don' t Cry For Me Argentina"; Would be a show stopper.
  • Gleeful wish

I really hope now that Glee will be leaving Lima that the storylines will be much better. I reeaaaallly hope that they can have good storylines again and that i ratings increase. and please dont put rachel with sam unless he turns back to how he was in season 2.

Oh and please sing better songs cause most of the songs in S3+4 were forgettable.
  • First two seasons - outstanding. Second two seasons - insitting?

Alright, I just made that word up, but I needed one that was the complete opposite of outstanding. So, when I first watched the first season of Glee I absolutely loved it. I loved the characters, who were all so intriguing and fabulous, I loved the humor, which was put in the show perfectly, the drama that never failed to stick me to my screen, the plots, which were all so intriguing and fascinating... and the season 2 didn't disappoint me either. It all got better, actually. The relationships became better too, and I got my first OTP (one true pairing) - Tike (Tina and Mike). I was fascinated, and I thought that season 3 was going to be even better. But it failed. Sure, the acting was still amazing as always, and the music got even better if possible, but these new characters were just awful. I absolutely hated Shane and that bitch Roz. And the main characters changed for worse too. They lost their spark. But, what really disappointed me were the plots - they became so one-dimensional and just plain. Glee completely lost its spark. But then, season 4 came. And I started disliking Glee even more. Music and acting, as always, are still fantastic. The plot got kind of better, but the characters - awful. The main cast was okay, but the new characters - Marley, Jake, Ryder, Kitty, Unique, Brody - awful! These characters completely ruined the show for me. But, I try not to focus much on the last two seasons and I'm still hoping that Glee will become better in seasons 5 and 6. It's always going to be my second favorite show (right after Friends) and I'll never forget it. But it really needs to improve its plot and characters! And the new relationship also pretty much suck, but I think that sort of goes under the characters category. The two thumbs down are from my previous Glee review, and now I changed it, so don't mind them.

Edit: I also forgot to say that the humor disappeared completely in season 3. They should bring it back and stop all the drama. There's too much of it.

UPDATE: Season 5 is the worst yet. It's as if it's a whole other show. However, I can't stop watching it because I just grew way too attached to it. However, it's nowhere near my second favorite show anymore.
  • Glee S05E03 Finn

So why was quinn the only one to not show up for this episode?

But i love this show, mostly because of the music, I love musicals.
  • Started out good, but then just flat out failed.

I started watching Glee, this summer, and I loved it! Ate up the first three seasons in a matter of weeks. Loved the energy, the boldness, the characters, and the dealt with issues of a typical teenager and so, even though, the plot sometimes repeated itself, it didnt matter much, thanks to the characters, actors, music and the general idea. Then came season four and a bunch of new characters, which aren't really new, but just reincarnations of the old ones. I miss new, colorful characters and not the ones we've already seen. For now, I'm just watching it for the sake of: Rachel, Santana, Kurt, Blaine, Sam, Tina and Artie, some of the original Glee characters, since I wanna know where they end up, if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be watching the show anymore.

The show has more and more lose ends and plotlines, with season 5, which makes it super frustating, with all the unanswered questions. Glee has fallen into a very common series trap. Something which several both tv shows and book series, fall into. The trap of a circling plotline. The plot, if any, is thin and without any depth or repetative. It seems like the writers are stuck in a writers block and just squeeses something out, because well, the show must go on. I wish writers would just stop, before they reach that point or have enough humility to let others give the writing and directing a shot. Glee needs a fresh, new push in the writing and directing department. I've seen other shows letting some of the actors, do some of the writing and directing, which gives it a nice varerity. And look at the glee actors! They are so talented and would without a doubt be able to do a good job with writing and directing. Take Darren Criss, the things he's had big part in making with Starkid. And Chris Colfer is a publised writer, for crying out loud, one would think he'd be able to write an episode or two, right? i would love to se an episode written and directed by those two! Not to mention Lea and Matt, who pratically grew up on broadway, one would think they have picked up a thing or two.

So, to sum it up, It started out good, but then just seemed to fail, slowly and sadly, because the actors are really talented and loveable.

The 5 is for the first three seasons, the lack of the remaining 5, is for thin and lost plot in season 4 and five...
  • Sometimes good, sometimes terrible

It's an enjoyable show, but very inconsistent, sometimes the show is great, very funny, good music etc sometimes it is just terrible and you wonder what the show was thinking.
  • A Gleeful Mistake

This show has transformed from something that had tremendous potential to become a pop culture commentary into candy-coated mush-wush. I have no idea where Season 5 is heading, what possible relationships they are hinting at (SAM AND RACHEL? WHAAT?) and the songs their showcasing. It's utterly bizarre .

This show is NOT worth watching anymore.
  • Season 4 gets my standing ovation

i lost interest in glee midway in season 2. everything was just becoming too clustered and predictable to me. not to mention weird. having nothing to watch one night I decided to click on the pilot for season 4. and im glad I did. the new cast members gave it a refreshing twist and I have interest in it again! thank you ryder, jake, unique, kitty and marley! I know you gleeks will probably be on me for it being great all the time. I just have a different feeling about it than the rest coz glee is not my usual kind of tv show.

long story short, I stopped and now im watching it again. see you all at nationals!
  • In the middle

I do not watch the show Glee regularly, but I have seen one or two episodes and the songs from those episodes that I've watched I still listen to, they're great! their cover of Katy Perry's Roar is pretty good as well
  • Love it!

Been watching the show since the beginning, and let me just say it's a great show, and i really hope it won't end soon because it's awesome. If you haven't seen this show i highly recommend it! If i could the rating would be like 10000. :)
  • WHY!?

How is this show still on the air... Worthless. It just takes the same crap, blends it up and spits it back out... How long have these kids been in high school?
  • Gleek

Glee was one of the best tv shows

season 1-3 was amazing

season 4 was a old cast is the best

now in season 5 everything will be different... especially without cory ;/
  • KLAINE IS ENGAGED!!!!

I think at this point it's just Klainers carrying the show through.... Pretty much every Gleek or ex-Gleek will tell you the show sucks now, because it does it sucks so hard, ALL the newbies suck!! There's a common saying that nobody hates Glee more than Gleeks.

The only reason ANYONE is back this season is for the Klaine show, for real Klaine is just too many peoples OTP, we just can't turn our backs on them,

Glee live blogging sessions pretty much go the way of people bitching and moaning when anything but Klaine is on the screen and dieing when they are on.... The Glee tag might as well be the Klaine tag.

If it weren't for Klainers, Glee would be dead. (damn those beautiful boys!!)

-PS-

For all the numbskulls whining that they didn't mention Finn, his tribute episode is set for the 10th, so just hold you motherfuck'n horses.

-PPS-

It's not Glee that gets 10 stars it's Klaine. Klaine is perf.
  • season 5...

The only thing I enjoyed were the songs dedicated to the Beatles. There was absolutely no dialogues throughout the show, no storyline, only a spectacular show!!!
  • A show with no story...

So, the show is now a mashup of music video happened to the story?
  • disappointment

5.5
    I expected a script that explained why Finn is no longer with them. It would be hard to write, but it would give closure to Cory Monteith's sad passing. Just a mere glance to an old photo wasn't enough.
  • all you need is glee

It was an emotional roller coaster watching and missing Finn but on the other hand the proposal bought tears to my eyes. Cant wait for next weeks episode.
  • The dubbing in GLEE makes the show impossible to watch.

Just can't take the bad production of this show. The dubbing is so bad I just can't watch. There is too much focus on the gay relationships. I think the bad dubbing actually takes away from the performances. The dubbing is just too perfect and doesn't fit in with the show. I watch it with my daughter because she loves the show, but she is 15.
  • It was intresting

i think the new season 4 of glee was interesting. i loved when finn and rachel got together again. im totally going to watch season 5. i love glee im a gleek. it had alot of new people in it. i like it but their should be a new rachel. but i loved it but some parts were okay. like when kurt got in Nevada in the middle of the year?! like what the heck? but they did put cute people in it like jake and brody.