Glee

Friday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered May 19, 2009 In Season

AJMeredith

Glee Fan Reviews (232)

• Amazing at first, but went Downhill from There...

I enjoyed Glee during the first couple of seasons with the Old Direction-ers and the story lines were well thought out and connected in each episode. They managed to make each one special and teach a lesson as well. Then, after the Old Direction-ers left the show began to spiral downwards. I understood the back to back plotline, with wanting to show what happened with the Old Direction-ers and keeping in tune with the New Direction-ers and that was fine with me. The thing that I did not quite understand and like at times was what the plot-lines entailed. The New York arc, for instance. For most, if not all, of her life Rachel wanted to be on Broadway and be just like Barbara why she gave all that up in the blink of an eye for a television show that may or may not be good. There was no possible way that she didn't know there was a standing chance her show could fail, especially since it was about her life (not to say it wasn't interesting, but the show could never live up to the drama and other events that actually occurred). I almost felt like her time in New York was a waste of time by the 6th season, but that's my opinion I suppose.

Then, there was the whole Kurt/Blaine ordeal. I know a lot of people like them together, but I honestly don't see the connection between the two as I might have when they first started out. Blaine was a confident and strong guy when the show first started out. Now he's whiny and petty, to be completely honest. I can say that Kurt is a bit more mature than he is in some areas now whereas it wasn't like that before. There's the fact they are always fighting over something. They get together, break up, then get together, then break up and so forth (an exaggeration, but you should get the gist of it). The only reason I can see that they get back together each and every time is because they're holding onto the idea of them being each other's first love (amongst other firsts). I'm not saying that it's unreasonable, but with the way their relationship has been going I believe they don't need to get back together. I can see more of a plot in Seblaine than I do in Klaine at the moment. At least it would bring something new to the table and isn't as disturbing as Karofsky and Blaine. Come on!

Speaking of the whole Klaine ordeal. Anyone want to explain to me why out-of-the-blue Sue has come out with a disturbing interest in seeing Kurt and Blaine together? There was no reference in the past that she supported their relationship in the way that she does. I honestly think, since the last episode with the whole puppet-elevator thing, that this was just the producers' way of getting them back together. By what? Forcing them? They didn't need to get back together, to go off my previous point of why. There's nothing there anymore. I feel like the whole Klaine arc is just a fan service to try and boost the ratings. If they were going to do it, why'd they have to go about it that way? Why on mother's earth is Blaine dating Karofsky? If he's willing to date the person that tormented Kurt in high school about being gay, while secretly being gay himself, then he might as well have dated Sebastian (who was more open about the fact that he was gay or bi). It would have brought more of a plot to the whole season. Especially since Kurt was hoping that Blaine wasn't dating Sebastian. The whole idea was just inconsiderate, to be completely honest. I felt it was going somewhere with the whole Kurt and the older guy thing. I feel like that's what Kurt needs and not someone like him, because they'd only butt heads. Someone older who has more experience and knows when to take a step back or take a step forward. No, I don't hate Blaine. He's one of my favorites, actually, but I just can't see him with Kurt any longer. I think they need different people. Someone who is not Karofsky, who needs someone entirely different than they.

There's also the slow degeneration of Will Schuester from a competent Spanish teacher and a fun, loving, and considerate Glee captain to an incompetent Spanish teacher (how?) and a more harsh and possibly pedophilic captain. Remember how he temporarily banned Marley from Glee (In the Katy vs. Gaga episode) because she was being herself? HERSELF? That's what Glee has been about from the beginning. Being yourself. Not being able to be someone else in the spur of the moment just to satisfy some goal of the day. She didn't feel comfortable being a Gaga, so she chose to remain a Katy. There was nothing wrong with that. Yet, he temporarily banned her because of it and made it seem like she couldn't follow his rude directions. It's not like she'd been there since the beginning like the other old direction-ers. She didn't have the time to get used to the idea of opening herself to other roles than what he expected her to. It was a complete flop in his character, really.

My biggest pet peeve is that despite the episodes that show the new members coming into Glee during this season (the 6th) there has not been as much focus on them as it has been in the last five. I don't see the point of them at all. I hardly see them except during the small clips of their reactions or whatnot. Another interesting plotline would have been the incest couple thing. Yes, it's controversial, but that's what would have made it a good plotline to follow up on. Instead, they're focusing on relationships between old characters. What's the point of trying to revive a Glee club if you hardly show the Glee club? I've seen more the Warblers than I have the Glee club the entire season, which I'm partially fine with since I love their group ;)

The show started to fall after the Old Direction-ers left and now it's just hit rock bottom. I'm not surprised there haven't been as many people watching. I don't want to watch a show that's now solely based on fan-favorite couples, marriage, and unattached plotlines. It's like bad fanfiction, which I dislike very much, mind you (bad fanfiction that is).

• Amazing

I admit Glee had went down in Season 4, but its resilience really shows in Season 6. Perfect 10 for me.
  • Best Dramedy Show Ever!

The show, "Glee", is very funny and sad. I'm a little upset to know the show'll be over.
  • Eureka!

Just realized why I stopped watching don't like I think they're trying to make her more of the "IT" girl than she actually is. I like Becky more!

I find myself watching out of loyalty more than anything else. The best music I've heard so far (I'm catching up) was their Billy Joel tribute.

I like it best when the jump back to the old cast. The cast they have now is boring and a lot less talented. I look forward to hearing Blaine, Unique and Artie.
  • Glee's new direction ...

Perhaps it's only me, but I really don't like Glee switching to New York only. It was annoying enough that some of the "old" staff graduated and almost never to be seen again (Quinn, Puck but I started to like Marley and Unique and Jack and Ryder and so on and I liked it when they sang, and watching Mr Shue, but I don't like the New York switch and the storylines.
  • wishing

i love glee
  • I miss Brittany

I still love Glee, but when Brittany left, the show lost a lot of it's spark. Would love to at least see a cameo appearance.

One more thing, I'd love to hear Santana sing";Don' t Cry For Me Argentina"; Would be a show stopper.
  • Gleeful wish

I really hope now that Glee will be leaving Lima that the storylines will be much better. I reeaaaallly hope that they can have good storylines again and that i ratings increase. and please dont put rachel with sam unless he turns back to how he was in season 2.

Oh and please sing better songs cause most of the songs in S3+4 were forgettable.
  • First two seasons - outstanding. Second two seasons - insitting?

Alright, I just made that word up, but I needed one that was the complete opposite of outstanding. So, when I first watched the first season of Glee I absolutely loved it. I loved the characters, who were all so intriguing and fabulous, I loved the humor, which was put in the show perfectly, the drama that never failed to stick me to my screen, the plots, which were all so intriguing and fascinating... and the season 2 didn't disappoint me either. It all got better, actually. The relationships became better too, and I got my first OTP (one true pairing) - Tike (Tina and Mike). I was fascinated, and I thought that season 3 was going to be even better. But it failed. Sure, the acting was still amazing as always, and the music got even better if possible, but these new characters were just awful. I absolutely hated Shane and that bitch Roz. And the main characters changed for worse too. They lost their spark. But, what really disappointed me were the plots - they became so one-dimensional and just plain. Glee completely lost its spark. But then, season 4 came. And I started disliking Glee even more. Music and acting, as always, are still fantastic. The plot got kind of better, but the characters - awful. The main cast was okay, but the new characters - Marley, Jake, Ryder, Kitty, Unique, Brody - awful! These characters completely ruined the show for me. But, I try not to focus much on the last two seasons and I'm still hoping that Glee will become better in seasons 5 and 6. It's always going to be my second favorite show (right after Friends) and I'll never forget it. But it really needs to improve its plot and characters! And the new relationship also pretty much suck, but I think that sort of goes under the characters category. The two thumbs down are from my previous Glee review, and now I changed it, so don't mind them.

Edit: I also forgot to say that the humor disappeared completely in season 3. They should bring it back and stop all the drama. There's too much of it.

UPDATE: Season 5 is the worst yet. It's as if it's a whole other show. However, I can't stop watching it because I just grew way too attached to it. However, it's nowhere near my second favorite show anymore.
  • Glee S05E03 Finn

So why was quinn the only one to not show up for this episode?

But i love this show, mostly because of the music, I love musicals.
  • Started out good, but then just flat out failed.

I started watching Glee, this summer, and I loved it! Ate up the first three seasons in a matter of weeks. Loved the energy, the boldness, the characters, and the dealt with issues of a typical teenager and so, even though, the plot sometimes repeated itself, it didnt matter much, thanks to the characters, actors, music and the general idea. Then came season four and a bunch of new characters, which aren't really new, but just reincarnations of the old ones. I miss new, colorful characters and not the ones we've already seen. For now, I'm just watching it for the sake of: Rachel, Santana, Kurt, Blaine, Sam, Tina and Artie, some of the original Glee characters, since I wanna know where they end up, if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be watching the show anymore.

The show has more and more lose ends and plotlines, with season 5, which makes it super frustating, with all the unanswered questions. Glee has fallen into a very common series trap. Something which several both tv shows and book series, fall into. The trap of a circling plotline. The plot, if any, is thin and without any depth or repetative. It seems like the writers are stuck in a writers block and just squeeses something out, because well, the show must go on. I wish writers would just stop, before they reach that point or have enough humility to let others give the writing and directing a shot. Glee needs a fresh, new push in the writing and directing department. I've seen other shows letting some of the actors, do some of the writing and directing, which gives it a nice varerity. And look at the glee actors! They are so talented and would without a doubt be able to do a good job with writing and directing. Take Darren Criss, the things he's had big part in making with Starkid. And Chris Colfer is a publised writer, for crying out loud, one would think he'd be able to write an episode or two, right? i would love to se an episode written and directed by those two! Not to mention Lea and Matt, who pratically grew up on broadway, one would think they have picked up a thing or two.

So, to sum it up, It started out good, but then just seemed to fail, slowly and sadly, because the actors are really talented and loveable.

The 5 is for the first three seasons, the lack of the remaining 5, is for thin and lost plot in season 4 and five...
  • Sometimes good, sometimes terrible

It's an enjoyable show, but very inconsistent, sometimes the show is great, very funny, good music etc sometimes it is just terrible and you wonder what the show was thinking.
  • A Gleeful Mistake

This show has transformed from something that had tremendous potential to become a pop culture commentary into candy-coated mush-wush. I have no idea where Season 5 is heading, what possible relationships they are hinting at (SAM AND RACHEL? WHAAT?) and the songs their showcasing. It's utterly bizarre .

This show is NOT worth watching anymore.
  • Season 4 gets my standing ovation

i lost interest in glee midway in season 2. everything was just becoming too clustered and predictable to me. not to mention weird. having nothing to watch one night I decided to click on the pilot for season 4. and im glad I did. the new cast members gave it a refreshing twist and I have interest in it again! thank you ryder, jake, unique, kitty and marley! I know you gleeks will probably be on me for it being great all the time. I just have a different feeling about it than the rest coz glee is not my usual kind of tv show.

long story short, I stopped and now im watching it again. see you all at nationals!
  • In the middle

I do not watch the show Glee regularly, but I have seen one or two episodes and the songs from those episodes that I've watched I still listen to, they're great! their cover of Katy Perry's Roar is pretty good as well
  • Love it!

Been watching the show since the beginning, and let me just say it's a great show, and i really hope it won't end soon because it's awesome. If you haven't seen this show i highly recommend it! If i could the rating would be like 10000. :)
  • WHY!?

How is this show still on the air... Worthless. It just takes the same crap, blends it up and spits it back out... How long have these kids been in high school?
  • Gleek

Glee was one of the best tv shows

season 1-3 was amazing

season 4 was a old cast is the best

now in season 5 everything will be different... especially without cory ;/
  • KLAINE IS ENGAGED!!!!

I think at this point it's just Klainers carrying the show through.... Pretty much every Gleek or ex-Gleek will tell you the show sucks now, because it does it sucks so hard, ALL the newbies suck!! There's a common saying that nobody hates Glee more than Gleeks.

The only reason ANYONE is back this season is for the Klaine show, for real Klaine is just too many peoples OTP, we just can't turn our backs on them,

Glee live blogging sessions pretty much go the way of people bitching and moaning when anything but Klaine is on the screen and dieing when they are on.... The Glee tag might as well be the Klaine tag.

If it weren't for Klainers, Glee would be dead. (damn those beautiful boys!!)

-PS-

For all the numbskulls whining that they didn't mention Finn, his tribute episode is set for the 10th, so just hold you motherfuck'n horses.

-PPS-

It's not Glee that gets 10 stars it's Klaine. Klaine is perf.
  • season 5...

The only thing I enjoyed were the songs dedicated to the Beatles. There was absolutely no dialogues throughout the show, no storyline, only a spectacular show!!!
  • A show with no story...

So, the show is now a mashup of music video happened to the story?
  • disappointment

5.5
    I expected a script that explained why Finn is no longer with them. It would be hard to write, but it would give closure to Cory Monteith's sad passing. Just a mere glance to an old photo wasn't enough.
  • all you need is glee

It was an emotional roller coaster watching and missing Finn but on the other hand the proposal bought tears to my eyes. Cant wait for next weeks episode.
  • The dubbing in GLEE makes the show impossible to watch.

Just can't take the bad production of this show. The dubbing is so bad I just can't watch. There is too much focus on the gay relationships. I think the bad dubbing actually takes away from the performances. The dubbing is just too perfect and doesn't fit in with the show. I watch it with my daughter because she loves the show, but she is 15.
  • It was intresting

i think the new season 4 of glee was interesting. i loved when finn and rachel got together again. im totally going to watch season 5. i love glee im a gleek. it had alot of new people in it. i like it but their should be a new rachel. but i loved it but some parts were okay. like when kurt got in Nevada in the middle of the year?! like what the heck? but they did put cute people in it like jake and brody.
  • Glee once was a good show

And a favorite of mine. Season 4 was just awful. I have been contemplating if to return to watch season 5. The characters had so much potential to move to New York with a new fresh concept, even that was hyped about, but the storylines were terrible and dull. Kurt and Rachel couldn't save New York side for me. When Santana came, those three finally became a viable and entertaining dynamic. But that was too late.

I have tried to warm to the new characters but I just can't. There is so little interesting and good acting ability at McKinley for me to care about. For Glee to turn to Blaine, Tina, Marley and Jake as their leads fell flat and stupid. For me, they don't have that stage presence of acting to reel me in. Those stories were so slow and put me in a coma.

The music is more contemporary and radio filled tunes that I hear all the time, so, that leaves me with music that was less than catchy and inviting.

The story telling was abysmal at best.

I feel that the basic principal of Glee was to show underdogs and watch them make their way through struggles and insecurities. Season 4 was a template for Glee writers to touch on every social issue of current events including everything about LGTB and their platforms. Glee is not what I loved and enjoyed to watch. All the drama and the stupid cartoon characters are too much for an adult to ever care about. Even my kids hate Glee.

Season 1 was wonderful loved every episode. It had a balance of great cracky humor and selected drama. Not over done. Loved season 2 with the infusion of more music and character development filled with great humor, fun and quality drama. Season 3 was rather disappointing but was fun and had great music. But, it had more questionable and infuriating scenes where the characters would make poor judgments. ie. The teenage proposal. Yuck. But, season 4 is the worst television I have ever seen, except for Teen Moms. Too much drama. I can't get over how far down the hill Glee has gone.

I see by some of the reviewers that they like it. That is where I realize that Glee is trying to cater to the youth and young adults now. Well, that leaves me out. I don't connect with its purpose or anything else. When my kids said that they don't want to watch it that was the day I was relieved to let Glee go, at least for my family. There are so many other things to do for entertainment. We are not a family who needs to have social issues shoved in our faces weekly. Glee has lost its spark and its focus and its compass. It is a forum of PSAs about current events.

I've come to the conclusion that you love or hate Glee. You accept the less than good acting. Accept the stories that take characters off the paths and learned lessons from previous episodes to seek off the wall actions with stupid credibility issues for them. You accept the social statements with its nonsense and over the top characterizations or you seek other entertainment. My family just won't return for a season 5 of junk.

Cory and Finn were my favorite people of the show, now that he is gone, my desire to watch it over. I loved the relationship of Lea and Cory and it fused over into Finn and Rachel. This season will be a huge chore for Lea on many levels. I just can't get excited for The Beatles songs sung by Blaine. He is the least desired of all the characters for me. And neither is his singing voice. I'm over it. I'll watch Glee's despicable tribute for Cory and see Finn's goodbye with its over reaching PSA about drug abuse. But, to watch Glee turn to lesser actors and talent just makes me cringe. Not a fan anymore. Goodbye, Cory, you wonderful soul.

My family saw the Teen's Choice Awards. We were crying when Lea accepted her award. While shouldering her pain she exhibited grace and poise in her speech. She really connected with hers and Cory's fans by her heart felt memories of Cory. Just another reason why Glee will be hard to watch, so many broken hearts this year on set. I hope for those who watch the show that Glee doesn't take the show to all time heights of drama. Glee is a better show with humor. I think Cory and Finn were 1 of 3 of the actors on Glee who excelled in comedy and drama. Lea, Cory, Jane.

I adore Dot as Coach Beiste. She is quite good in that role. I love Principle Figgins. Emma Pillsbury.

Those actors with outstanding talent to mention are Chris Colfer and Naya Rivera,

I agree with dov amc. I joined to just let my voice heard how I feel about Glee. As the seasons move on Glee is less desirable to watch. Season 4 was the worst television I have ever seen. Now, with what dov amc says, I totally agree. Season 1 was about underdogs and how being a part of something-the Glee Club- changed them to make themselves feel worthy and fulfilled. I loved Glee then. Now, Glee is just one PSA after another with special attention to the LGTB platform and how it affects people. Glee is their voice. Glee is not different and does not make a stand on characters and how they perceive themselves. It is a vehicle for social statements and social change. I used to watch Glee for the humor, music and talented singing. Now it is nothing what it could be or what it stood for.

I used to love Kurt but he is a clich now. But, so are almost all of the characters on Glee.

doc amc gave a higher rating than I feel Glee deserves.
  • I just subscribed to to tell the world how awful Glee is.

I mean what the hell??? All this show is doing is saying how different people are from each other... duh! That's clearly innovative. I mean, sincerely, I had no clue before watching Glee.

But seriously, isn't a show like this one supposed to be about no matter how different people can be, in the end, they are actually part of the human race?

No, that's not the message Glee wants to pass on to the viewers. They're saying you're different and you HAVE TO tell the world, when, really, the world couldn't care less. (Anyway, I

Of course, we have a right to be different (and SHOULD BE for God's sake) but too much is too much already.

For instance, this show should stop rightaway with the gay thing. I mean does everyone has to turn up to be a closeted homosexual? What the hell?! This show is like a broken record.

And Kurt's way to rub in everyone's face his homosexuality is just irritating. I mean is this

all this guy is? Gay and nothing else? Kill him off already.

And the Dawn's syndrome thing is just plain disgusting. What a cheap way to emotionally manipulate the viewers... I'm not saying we should hide those people, but we should not show them off

like Glee does, you know, like pretending they can do everything normal people can do. That is just mean.

Come on staff writers, this show used to be somewhat watchable but now it's becoming unbearable.

Anyway, what happened to the fun characters like Puck? This dude has like totally disappeared

from the show...
  • You learn anything from singing.

I haven't seen the latest episodes of Ryan Murphy's "Glee" but it doesn't mean its because I haven't grown interest to it. Here is a series that did successful because of the great energy it posses and because the performance musically wise are so stunning and even better the acting. Though now the show's weakness might be its writing as the rule stands, most shows lose originality. While "Glee" wasn't original, think about teenagers using their talent to get through the roughness of high school. I feel like here is a show that kind of inspired most teenagers.

I get tired of the poor gay kid who is sick of hurtful jokes, and the really difficult love relationships and yes, teen pregnancy is always the dot for a plot. But hey, whats a teenage show without those elements? The 'Gleek' fans wouldn't want to be disappointed.

Most of the show centers a Spanish/Music teacher Will Shewster (Matthew Morrison) who forms a Glee club to make it to sectionals, the highest honor for chorus. The breakout performance comes from Lea Michele as Rachel Berry, who owns her spotlight. Chris Colfer, who plays Kurt, the gay kid, has wit and charm and his poor father (Mike O'Malley) supplies the honesty of a father.

The Glee club is filled with sassy, likable and courageous kids including Quinn (Diana Agrueia), Sam (Chord Overstreet) and Finn Hudson (the late Cory Monteith). Many more and now the series adds in new kids to fill the stage. And from all the Glee stuff going on, you can always count on the tough Sue Sylvestor (the always so wonderful Jane Lynch) to spoil their fun.

There have been many sweet moments in "Glee" and the excellent choreographed song pieces. I'm thinking of 'Jesse's Girl' by Finn or even their tribute to Michael Jackson and how could we forget, the song that started the series, "Don't Stop Believing". Which, moments like these in the show made me want to love the show more and more. Except now it has seemed to mix with more complicated plots and unnecessary characters and turns that make the show seem more amateur television.

The heart of "Glee" comes from Lea Michele, who seems like such a sweet heart and beautiful too. Her role, alongside Cory Monteith were the series' best duo. Monteith, too had his shining moments that made me care so much about his character Finn. Now that he's gone, it seems we've lost someone special and the show can't be what it was before without his clarity.

Matthew Morrison is fun to watch too and his ex-wife played by Jessalyn Gislig was overly comedic it seemed like they were in a different show sometimes. My favorite is Jane Lynch, who made something out of what could've been an unlikable character; she is hilarious and at the same time paces her comic and sincere ways of being that trouble chaser.

And with cool guest stars like Neil Patrick Harris and Gweneth Paltrow, the first two seasons of "Glee" got the job done and was surprisingly affective.

Its end is beyond me, how the creators will deal with Monteith's passing and his Finn seems to be something of great challenge. But how much deeper and sometimes even darker can its creator, Ryan Murphy reach? This was once an enlightened show that didn't need to address dark topics because we knew what it was. We just want the fun from the first two seasons.

Rating: 6.8
  • I have Glee-ver

Okay, so my title was a tad corny, but yes I do have Glee fever & probably always will! Maybe season 4 was not the best--my opinion is in relation to missing all the old characters really, but like anything I think the fans just have to adapt. We grow so close to these characters because they are in our living rooms every week & it feels so personal. However, I believe if we give it some time we will grow to love the new characters as well. I'm not sure if anyone else is a fan of Grey's Anatomy, but I remember when Izzy & George were killed off & I was angry to say the least. I thought I would never really enjoy the show as much, but I grew to love the new characters. I'm sure the writers & producers of Glee would love to continue having Diana Agron, Amber Riley, & others apart of the show, but I'm sure they wanted to continue on in different directions. Plus, the writers can't write all of the same material they did for Rachel & Finn. You can only have so many repeated love triangle stories, or breakups, or new hookups. Sometimes the show just needs to be nothing, but a silly story line and some great music. Some may be a hit or a miss, but I would rather the show be on. I live for music & no other show in my opinion can offer what Glee does musically & hit it out of the park. Plus, I can imagine how hard it is to have to intertwine "high school & college" problems for a story line. If they only focus on one it may no longer appeal to the long time followers, while trying to catch the appeal of new ones.

Glee has always been about being the underdog & now it really is with one of its main characters passing away. I really hope everyone continues to watch this show who is a fan--it needs our support more now than ever!

• A Perfect Song For Rachel To Sing In Honor Of Finn!.

I think that it would be so sweet for the cast or just rachel to sing dont you forget about me from the breakfast club. Writers please do this.
FOX