Glee

Swan Song

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Dec 06, 2012 on FOX

• Glee is OVER or is it?

I loved this episode much more than last weeks.

It was nice getting to see New Directions struggle with their identities before they ultimately re-grouped at the end. I mean it felt really natural, after all growing up is all about trying out new identities

I really loved Kurt's storyline it was a nice upgrade from last week as well

Sam and Brittany make a really sweet couple.

I still LOATHE Kitty!!

I'm super stoked for next week's episode! .
  • Just one thing...

Piano man's rant was CLASSIC! Loved it!

Much better episode even if we did have to suffer through two Rachel songs back to back. I thought Kurt's song was ok... but not nearly as good as some of his stuff in the past. Is it me or has his voice changed over th years... deeper now? Could he do "Mr Cellophane" like he did way back when? No one is really dealing with Marley and her issue? That seemed implausible... Great song at the end!
  • mixed feelings

ok, in this episode there were nice performances, Rachel killed it, Kurt was sweet, the last song was heart-warming, especially because they all found back together. The Rachel and Kurt storyline was nice and the "hit it" satire was funny (it was I was always thinking LOL), BUT ..... I can't believe that the bulimia/anorexia issue wasn't talked about. Santana blamed Kitty and no one cared or even listened or asked questions? Finn didn't care to talk to MArley about this really sensitive issue? Really badly handled after she even fainted on stage.
  • Okay, that's it. It's time to get all Lima Heights on those dumbass writers.

(Spoilers ahead).

In the past, Glee has had a history of delivering a really good episode and following it up with a really terrible episode. Last week;s episode wasn;t great but it wasn;t terrible and it ended on a cliffhanger, something Glee has never done. I actually went into this episode with a lot of hopes, them being that Marley;s eating disorder would be confronted, Kitty;s true intentions would be revealed, and she would be forcibly removed.

Why did Glee have to crap all over everything?

Let's start with the biggest offense: the Marley situation was handled TERRIBLY. Appallingly. So bad please hold while I get my thesaurus to use more words of the same caliber. This really sucked because they set it up! Santana accused Kitty of sabotaging Marley and nobody says anything? Nobody listens? This is how bad this episode was, it made me want people to listen to Santana! Why didn't Ryder say anything about how he saw her purging during the musical? Why didn;t anyone offer.... anything? Even worse than the fact that Kitty got away with everything (which I can;t even go into because that;s the problem, there;s nothing to go into, she;s still in the club and everything for her is dandy!) but whats worse is... well there are two things. The first is that no one cared if Marley was okay, they cared that they lost. Yes losing sucks, but there are more important things. When someone on your team passes out, you don;t say in front of everybody, "This is all your Which Tina did. TWICE. People complain that Tina doesn't get enough attention which is true considering she;s one of the original members, but ever since then, since season 1, she;s become a really unpleasant character (and in glee, if your unpleasantness stands out, that really says something) and I just wanted to slap almost as much as kitty. The other worse thing about Marley's bulimia is that suddenly, it was okay. After the glee club disbanded, that was it. She was fine, and everything was back to normal. Was everyone so upset about losing that they forgot to see if she needed help? Wouldn;t we see her mom confronting her about this? Wouldn't it at the very least warrant a conversation with Emma, the guidance counselor? Why does glee suck at everything?

Next thing tonight was Brittany and Sam. Call me crazy, but in the glee universe, I think these two kids make sense. They;re both blonde, both have good hearts and aren;t terribly bright, both see the best in people and each other. Sam leading her to him with cheerios and Brittany telling him she wants to be happy with him was actually really sweet. But even this didn't come without its stupidity, that Brittany originally didn;t want to be wit him because of the "online lesbian community" I know this is the glee writers thinking they;re funny that brittany knows about Brittana shippers, but when people on twitter dictate what happens in your show, that is a sign of how bad your show has gotten. As for Sam, he;s always been a kindhearted guy they;ve never really known what to do with, so he dates whoever;s available. People complain he "falls in love" with all these girls, and it may be hard to believe, but these kids are supposed to be in high school, it;s allowed.

Then we switch back to new york which is equally as frustrating. it;s believable that rachel would get invited to be in the showcase (somewhat) but what is confusing is her ongoing war with the dance teacher. yes, kate hudson is magnificent as a villain, has an incredible voice and is delightfully bendy, but does she want to see rachel fail? and if so, why? i mean, i could think of a few reasons but rachel admitting she values her voice more than her dancing and striding out of class, while cathartic, makes that whole storyline fall a little flat. whats unbelievable, even by glee standards, is that she;d win. yes i realize it makes her the "first freshman in history" but she made it in, couldnt that be good enough for once? rachel standards by definition mean that she would still get something someone else hadn;t, she just wouldn;t get it all. is that too much to ask?

apparently.

although, and i have to say doing something "like you might never get another chance" is a dumb way to live life, but her and brody are a cute blossoming couple. there might;ve been some awwing when he grabbed her hand during kurt;s performance.

speaking of which, the one thing that impressed me during this episode was rachel bringing up kurt;s "i want to hold your hand" from season 2. she;s right, it was kurt;s best performance throughout the whole show and one of the most heartfelt performances of the show;s run, period, it;s just so surprising rachel brought it up. the way glee functions is they mostly act like the past and season 2 in general didn;t happen. and while kurt does generally rely on making a number be flashy, he can be real and that got him in.

and that is slightly more believable than rachel winning the showcase.

and i;m sorry, but the club is going to practice in the courtyard? they acknowledged this a little bit with the snow, but Ohio is in the midwest. It's winter. See where this is

Next week is titled "Glee, Actually" supposedly based off the movie but because the glee writers take a hit of peyote before they write an episode, it looks more like "it;s a wonderful which it might be on glee if kitty gets the boot. hopefully soon.
  • Good episode, barring one glaring omission.

@sodapopgirl721

Wow, if you hate the show so much, stop watching it. The only thing I agree with in that review you just gave is the whole thing with Kitty/Marley and how the blame was misplaced but seriously if you are that negative about a show you used to love you should seriously just give up and stop watching and stop complaining. I personally thought that the episode was great, besides the fact that they didn't hold Kitty accountable for what she did to Marley.

I'm so sick of "original" glee fans hating on the show because it's changed since season one. Its called evolution and progression people! If a show stays the same each progressive season it gets boring and dull! I, for one, love it when my shows take new directions in their storylines. Be Open minded and stop being critical when things don't go your own way. Evolve with the creative processes of the show and if you don't like it, stop watching and don't waste your time and energy being a negative force on people who actually do like the show.
  • Dance Duel

I don't know if anyone noticed but during the dance off between Rachel and her teacher there was two dancers from SYTYCD on dancing as fellow students. Melanie Moore and ,Alex Wong I think.
  • Didn't Hate It

@sean3005

I agree that sodapopgirl721 can get a bit harsh. However, I am one of those "original" glee fans that is not thrilled with the changes. I still watch the show because for the most part I still enjoy it. Season 1 of Glee was very similar to how it is now, except it's focus was on the comedy and the music and then on throwing in some heartfelt storylines and lessons. I have watched several episodes this and last season and felt like I could be watching 7th Heaven. Originally Glee presented these important topics and life lessons in an ironic, satirical, and funny way. I didn't feel like the shows "agenda" was being shoved in my way. I could enjoy the whole episode, every episode, whether I liked every storyline or not because it was still funny and entertaining. That just isn't the case anymore.

I don't bash the show every single week but I haven't laughed as hard as I did when Kurt danced to "Single Ladies" on the football team once during Seasons 3 or 4.
  • Terrible

Bram sucks so bad what happened to Brittana and also Samcedes?!
  • This was good

i really liked this ep, glad kurt gts to go to nyada and rachels song was awesome, i hate the dance teacher though, thats al i gotta say
MNT