Glee

Sweet Dreams

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Apr 18, 2013 on FOX

• A fitting song

Ever since Cory passed away, I have been having a Glee- a- thon in memory of him. The cast and crew did not know it at the time, but this was his last episode. This episode didn't make much sense at the time but I will always cherish it now Marley's song "more friends than you know" is an absolute tear jerker. I hope that they gather round, in a private setting and choose this as one of the songs to remember Cory. I do hope they dedicate and episode to his memory through song.

• Awful episode...

A really boring episode!
  • Too many spoilers make episodes, like this episode entitled "Sweet Dreams" ,expectable!

This episode was actually really good. Although there was an epic proportion of cheesiness (But it's glee for godsake!), The episode did meet expectations. I think people are simply giving this episode low ratings because basically we all knew what was coming. We knew about Rachel doing Don't Stop Believin whilst imagining the originals, we knew about Shelby's return. This is basically because it was all squeezed in the promo and into articles all over the internet! There were no shockers or nothing new to discover. I thought the episode was brilliant! But I think next week will definetely deliver more!
  • in this messed up season outstanding episode

I must say that I found this episode like good old Glee for a change. New characters shining, old characters were seen too with a good story line (Puck telling Finn that he was screwing up was refreshing), Rachel and Kurt nice and not weird, we even saw Mercedes again. The story with Mr Shue acting weird and then apologizing was nicely done. The only thing why I don't give a ten is the displayal of weird behaviour after the shooting like Sam and Unique.
  • Say - WHUH!?!?!

OK let's for the moment forget the opening montage where Mister Murphy has told us all that Teachers College is just one giant frat party of inappropriate 1/2 naked dancing and sex parties... and let's vault past Finn finding a Puckerman on the floor of his college dorm room for no apparently coherent reason, and start with Sam/Evin.

Whose acid trip was THAT!?

I guess we weren't done with National Lampoon's College Dorm daze Part seven, and Murphy's jaunt down "screwballs/American Pie" wannabe flashbacks just yet and we get a slip n'slide down the hallway of a teacher's college?!?! And just by the way, how was Finn able to get into a teacher's college since he not only didn't apply for one, but his grades were so shitty he couldn't get into anywhere last season which made the break from Rachel's college experience happen in the first place?

What kind of drugs is Mister Murphy on this week?

And Heir Furer Wil Schuster - I know he's an ass, and I'd love to see that ... written off the show entirely as a useless piece of time wastage, but he was written this week to be such a complete ass, surpassing his own usual level of elevated ass-ishness that I am somewhat hopeful its the first step in cancelling his contract and saying "adios bonehead!"

Now we've got Rachel at the premier arts school in all the land and the failed glee teacher from Vocal Adrenaline, who couldn't hold down a part time glee choir job at McKinley High somehow on stage mentoring Rachel for a broadway play?

I guess dealing with the school shooting just isn't the way this writing staff is wired.

Ugh... I give up.

There's a new episode of Vampire Diaries on the other network.

That's it...

bye bye bye!

My time is much better spent elsewhere.

Post-Broadcast note:

I was right. Vampire Diaries this week was GREAT! Elena's complete character plunge included her trying to kill her best friend and having to be locked up in the Salvatore basement to protect her from her own lack of humanity; while Bonnie's special powers with dark magic continued to evolve where she seems to cause wind gusts and the headlights on parked cars to spontaneously turn on when she gets upset. We are also shown more of a Sialas that can appear as anyone it wants at will and in fact gets the Salvatore brothers alone and stabs them both in separate instances, though of course they pull through in the end. Oh and major spoiler alert - someone actually gets "the cure", toward the end of tis episode and it takes a few characters by surprise.

Now if Mister Murphy could write like that i wouldn't have had to switch networks mid broadcast just to remain entertained and captivated as an audience member.

Sad, but this will be my last Glee review. I'm over it.

There's MUCH better entertainment out there during the same time slot which is written FAR better, has much more in depth character development and to be honest, isn't about writing for the 3rd grade mentality but for thinkers who dare to ask "why am I watching this show".

.Mister Murphy - SHAME on you.

• Such A Disappointment!

Okay I am utterly disappointed!

I mean what could of been a truly serious episode where the Glee kids reacted to the 'shooting' instead it was completely written off, with the kids reacting in totally goofy and annoying ways! I mean REALLY Sam?!

This episode was terrible even by Glee standards!

The ONE bright spot in it was Marley's original Song 'Outcast' but other than that this episode was a total Dud!
  • The more things change, the more things stay the same

(Spoilers ahead).

One tradition Glee has, over all others, was seen in this episode, and that was this: whenever Glee delivers a great, solid, passable episode, they follow it up with a crap-tastic episode it makes you wonder if the episode the week before was really good. Don;t get me wrong, the ten minutes or so the glee club was trapped in the choir room was full of honest, raw emotion that was surprisingly heartbreaking. Did glee.. for lack of a better word "glee" it up by making the shooting accidental? Absa-freaking lutely but it was a solid episode. Which brings us to this week;s glee-tastrophe.

First off, to quote Chandler Bing, could Will BE a bigger jerk? I mean, it almost feels like they;re doing it on purpose. He;s not supposed to be that big of a jerk, right? RIGHT? will picks three songs that are at least thirty years old and shuts down anyone else;s ideas, saying "we;re doing MY songs, MY before whenever will was a jerk (which was often) it was more subtle, under the guise of being helpful but this is just straight-up jerkassery, the kind that makes the kids go running to miss holiday. in true tv fashion, he watches the kids perform marley;s song without them knwoing and hears that everyone wants to perform it and marley remind them how set will was in his decision.

Second, once again I am convinced none of the glee writers have actually attended college (in which case how did they get that job?!) because finn attending college seems to consist of half naked people wearing mascot heads popping up in the library, quad, his room, etc. Like we saw earlier this season with the rachel stuff, the glee writers are seemingly applying any cliche about college they can get their hands on and caking it on. as someone who goes to a school that is looked at as a party schoool, making a ruckus in the library is a no-no and will get you kicked out. is college a party, yes, but not everywhere, and not all the time. because not everyone shares my irish lineage and they need to take time to nurse their hangovers. and puck is there, not taking any classes, just loitering (that unfortunately is true, my roommate;s loser boyfriend crashed in our suite for a month last year) and while i love seeing finn and puck together, it;s a cheap way to get puck back in the show and another reminder his life, like most of the graduated seniors, is going nowhere. and because this is how things work in the glee universe, finn and puck are invited to join a fraternity without having to go through any of the pesky logical stuff that normal fraternities do. that is how lazy glee has gotten, they can;t even use the basic level competency, finn and puck;s frat conquest is just like kurt getting the job at vogue, it literally took zero effort. and when finn is blowing off classes puck is the one to snap him into shape, who wants himself and finn to be able to prove that they;re worth something, and give the finger to everyone who thought they weren;t worth a hill of beans. at least one of those boys has the right idea (even if it;s puck... apparently his "relationship" with kitty didn;t work out) And Finn and Will reconcile (kind of) and Finn is going to come back and run the glee club with Will so the kids don;t throw a mutiny and Finn gets college credit for it, cause THAT;S how that works.

oddly, the rachel stuff was good this episode. rachel is doing her best to be barbra and declares herself "off guys" at least for now. this i liked to see because this was back to the roots of rachel berry, who wasn;t going to have sex until she was twenty five and whose career was most important to her, as opposed to the rachel invited a guy she had known for about six weeks move in. although rachel should really not be thanking finn for beating brody into the ground because girls thinking it;s hot when their boytoy gets beat up by their boyfriend, well, that;s how chris brown/rihanna relationships start (and i still have two chris brown songs in my ipod, glee. bite however, rachel and finn did have a sweet convo on the phone, proving finn does know her better than almost anyone else. the don;t stop belieivng was sensational and it was great to see the original five back together and is another reason i think this year should be the show;s last.

And as for Kitty, congrats, girl, I HATE YOU. AGAIN. last week when in the heat of the moment kitty tearfully admitted to marley she messed with her grease costumes and she was as terrified as any of them and for one shining moment, i hated kitty just a littttttttle bit less. but then this week when marley gets up the courage to tell the group about her songs, kitty tells her no one wants to hear songs about her mom or her eating disorder or anything important to her. And it;s like, Kitty, bitch, you really shouldn't be talking since after your confession, you really should;ve been expelled and are damn lucky there are no consequences in the glee realm otherwise the other glee kids would;ve driven you out with pitchforks.

and on another note, black sue is back and thinks blaine or "fruity fonzie" (best nickname ever) thinks blaine and becky put a hex on sue to cause her to bring the gun. she makes them take an oath pledging their allegiance to her and my question is, um, why? the only reason blaine tricked sue into making him a cheerio was so he and sam could bring down the cheerios, but is that even worth it with sue gone?

The biggest thing that bothers me about Glee is that it takes itself so seriously. This episode was downright absurd and it would be so easy to just write it off as a farce, a live-action cartoon set to music, but the problem is, people do take this sh!t seriously. glee;s influence is still alarmingly large and it worries me that the young people who watch glee who realllllly shouldn;t be think that life is really that easy, that if you are plucky and optimistic and SPECIAL enough, then everything just gets handed to you. I know Glee hasn;t officially been cancelled or renewed yet, but I have one plea: PLEASEEEEE cancel this dying show. It;s not even funny anymore, it;s just.... kind of sad. Last week;s episode proved Glee can still do a few things right, but what vastly outweighs that is how many things it gets appallingly wrong.

(And I;m sorry, again I have to say this, but there are more important things in life than winning a competition. Another thing they knew the first year and have since forgotten).
CW