Glee

The First Time

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Nov 08, 2011 on FOX

• Possibly the best episode ever...

Glee had great episodes before, touching, fun, hilarious and more... but this one struck a cord like none before. Everything flowed wonderfully, each piece of music fit in perfectly and was well timed, there was nothing superflous and I have to say sometimes I neither cared for song nor how it was placed in previous episodes. Not in this one, though, it felt right at all times and was extremely well written.

I laughed, I smiled, I almost cried, it was touching and funny and very honest. I think Brittany aside everyone actually got to have a say in this episode and for a show with such a large ensemble cast this is quite the achievement. I didn't miss Mr Schu at all and am glad that for once he didn't get to have a say, it was all about the kids.

I also liked the bit about Coach Bieste and the inclusion of Kurt's former nemesis Dave.

I didn't care for last weeks episode at all. Yes, it was nice to see Santana and Brittany confirm their relationship status, but that aside everything about that episode felt forced and wrong.

I was therefore somewhat anxious about today's episode and didn't have any expectations. I'm ever so glad that I tuned in and got to enjoy one of the best Glee experiences ever.