Glee

The Quarterback

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Oct 10, 2013 on FOX

• Last goodbye :(

It`s my first review ever of Glee and all I can say is that I cried the entire episode. I was very very sad.
  • Glee: The Quarterback

<3 :'( So Sad!
  • polls are dumb

Why does Blaine even have one vote. The one time I remember him on screen it looked like he was constipated.
  • Good episode

I cried inconsolably during Finn's mom speech about how a parent can possibly survive the death of a child, and how now she keeps being a mom but doesn't get to have a child. It sounded perfectly and I really think Romy Rosemont is a great (though underestimated in this show) actress. As a mother, it really moved me and I cried like a baby for quite some time!

It was a good episode. It was weird because this time, Cory Monteith, portraying Finn is actually gone, so it's not "just" a TV death. Maybe that's why this episode sounded so right, when the rest of the show sounds so wrong sometimes. Anyway, a good episode, but it's sad a cast member had to die so that the writers could write a decent episode...
  • Wonderful tribute

Got me crying for the very first scene to the very last. Santana's performance just made me fall apart. Rachel's too. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it must have been for all of them.

Cory will be deeply missed. Wonderful episode but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to watch it again. At least not without falling apart all over again.
  • Impressive episode.

With very impressive performances from especially Naya Riviera (Santana) and Lea Michele (Rachel). I did miss Dianna Agron (Quinn) and Heather Morris (Brittany) though.
  • surprised

I watched the show since episode one and I got to like a lot of the characters including finn (Cory Monteith). After getting to know that Cory passed away I was really sad as most fans of the show probably.

I'm really surprised what Glee accomplished here. They did probably the best thing possible in their restraints - a whole tribute episode for Finn (Cory Monteith) showing the grief of the original cast which felt mostly very real making this episode very moving and realistic.

Now I'm 27yo and I easily didn't cry since I was 6 or something I actually can't remember - but after even realising in the first minute that this episode called "The Quarterback" was in memory of Cory Monteith I couldn't help myself - throughout the whole episode - probably because the performances were so real and authentic - very moving.
  • A Tearjerker also a wonderful tribute to Cory Monteith.

The New Directions of past and present came together to honor Finn Hudson. I thought the songs in each performance was very moving, and especially Rachel's. I liked how Santana put Sue in her place well done. Each tear from each character resembled how the actors felt when they learned about the death of Cory Monteith. Will Schuester fell into his wife's arms and sobbed while holding Finn's letter football jacket. Some people I know where watching along and basically cried throughout the entire episode.
  • Very emotional and heart-felt

Glee really pulled it together to do this tribute justice and it showed. The episode was very simple. The whole hour followed the different manifestations of grief in the older characters. They walked through the sadness, anger, regret, and confusion of grief and let the audience grieve along. The show made a point not to talk about the way he died or exploit him as a PSA in their normal offensive manner. Nor did they ignore his numerous flaws and bad actions while choosing to embrace the good parts. It was extremely difficult to watch, and I imagine difficult to film, but it was necessary to bring closure to the character and his era on the show.
MNT