Glee

The Sue Sylvester Shuffle

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Feb 06, 2011 on FOX

• The Sue Sylvester Shuffle was fantastic and one of the funniest glee episodes I've seen.

After hearing what songs was going to be done in the episode, I thought this was going to be an episode I enjoyed and I wasn't wrong.
    I thought the songs were great and the choreography too. However the humour is the thing that stands out for me in this episode. Sue's witty remarks definitely played a part in this episode and I'm glad they did. When Santanna and Brittany smacked themselves with a bit of chicken & Brittany when she was told she was going to be fired from a cannon. Comedy genius. Overall this is going to be a glee episode that i will remember for a long time. Cannot wait till Regionals are on. Love glee so much.
  • Max Adler FTMFW!!

Max Adler FTMFW!! Now that it is out of my system let's talk about the episode. It wasn't the best one but it reminded me of the O13 in a way. In joy of performing, in the absurdity of some of it, in the humor, in the care. Glee needs more Happy!Dave. Max is really doing such an amazing job in brining so many layers to Dave and conveying so much with just a shrug, a look. He really has such a grasp of the character. It's a joy to watch him bring Dave to life. Also, I really liked Azimio in this episode. I was wondering what his role in this story going to be and now I have a bit of a hope that when Dave eventually comes out he will be his BFF rather then a jerk. It was nice seeing Will as a teacher again. And Shannon rocks. I realy like their friendship and I think she was very much right about respect - there is none lost between the Gleeks and the "though crowd". Maybe this was a one little step in the right direction? Not to become friends but to show a bit of respect to each other? Although knowing Glee, I'm not exactly holding my breath. But what irked me a bit was the casual way Will talked about the bullying - firstly I felt he was preaching to the wrong crowd and secondly, it sort of felt liek he was saying "There is bullying in the scool, we know about it and we are doing squat." Seeing Sue lose was funny. It obviously cannot happen very offen because she is Sue after all but when it occassionally does it is even more enjoyable. Especially Will's grin at the end of that video :) As for the performances:

Need you know - parts of the song were great and other parts were terrible. I really hope with this we laid Puckleberry to rest where it should have been a long time ago. Best part of the performance to me were the reaction shots. And was it just me or was Quinn eyeing Puck rather appriciatively while Sam scowled at her?

She's not there - easily the best performance of the episode. It was fun, great song choice for Cory's voice and unlike some other in the episode it were the right lenght. The only thing I would have maybe liked to see were reaction shots - especially Rachel's. BBB - the show is really doing everything in thiei power to make me dislike the Warblers. This was such an unnecessary moment that completly thrown off the pacing of the episode. And it was so long. I fast forwarded through the whole thing and it still seemed endless. Though I liked the coffee break afterwards. It was nice to see some continuation of the Kurt/Rachel friendship. And to see Mercedes included. Blaine to me sounded pretty condescending in that little chat though. Maybe he should have sounded mentor-y but to me he is just a little Mr. Know-It_all. If it is deliberate then kudos to Darren. If not? Well, there is always the FF button. Thriller - this was actually a bit underwhelming. Especially after all the hype about it. Firts thing, it was too short. I also think that they should have gone with just Thriller without mashing it unnecessarily with something esle. Maybe it was the editing but somehow the best part of the performance was Dave joining in half way through. I really liked Finn in this episode. He was trying to be a leader - Again. and this time he actually succeeded I would say. Though I'm not sure whether I should see his insistence to the Cheerios to choose Glee as a character growth or hypocracy. But since I like him I will go with the former. I really liked his last scene with Dave. It was so sad to watch. To see Dave going from happy to scared with just a word and then seeing all his walls being pulled back up was heartbreaking. To know that he really enjoyed performing - his face when Will complimented him was the sweetest thing, but that he lacks the strenght or will or self-security to pursue it was really sad. But at least the seed has been planted. But I liked his line about the short memory when it comes to HS kids. So spot on. And Finn hoping that when Dave and Kurt make up all can be good again... was so Finn. Such a simplified view. Maybe not wrong but unfortunately there is more then animosity in that particular mess and until they both resolve those issues no one will be sining Kumbaya. I for one can't wait to see it. Dave/Finn friendship is second on my list of things I would like to see happen on Glee. I think they have a lot of things in common. Talking about frienships - the rekindling of the Finn/Puck bromance was really nice to watch as well. The last scene with Quinn though left me all WTF?! And now I also know the biggest reason why I don't think they should be togehter. He seems to be bringing out the worst in her. I hoped they would use this opportunity to adrress their unresolved issues from the WrongDaddyGate and instead we got that.
  • I was expecting a lot from this episode after a far too long break.

And I was not disappointed! "It was like a double rainbow... A Zombie double rainbow"
    This was a brilliant episode for a number of characters and really reminds us how good and funny Glee can be.

First off Sue Sylvester (Or maybe Syvlester? :P). The chicken cutlets bit was very crude but still did it for me and her nervous breakdown had me in stitches, Mr Schue's face was priceless! And how it carried on and on was just perfect and not overdone in anyway :). She is so evil I love it!! Guilt-tripping Britney was brilliant too.

Predictable plot I must admit but having new people in the glee club was brilliant, even if they are mostly short-term.

Nice to see Kurt and keep up with him and I did enjoy the café scene. Karoffsky's character is still to be delved into I think, well I hope at least, I'd really like to see development with his character.

Finn grew a lot in this episode too, this was shown especially in his speech to the Cheerio girls which was just perfect and summarized the episode totally. Didn't particularly like the ending though and that's why it's a 9.5. Will be interesting to see how the writers treat THAT sub-plot.
  • Best Episode ever!!

I thought that this episode by far was the best one!
    It's about time that Quinn, Santana and Brittany stood up to Sue and told her NO!
    It was great that we finally got to see the football team enjoy Glee Club, they may not want to be a permanent member in the end of it all but who knows what will happen in future Episodes of Glee!
    Finn was an amazing team player in this episode and instead of being a wimp he sorted things out as they should be sorted and realising not everything has to evolve around violence. He became a true person to look up to!
    Can't wait to see what Glee brings next!
  • The big Super Bowl episode arrives

The Super Bowl episode has been hyped for quite awhile now, and I must say that while it had some great moments, it also seemed to fall a little flat. It feels like Glee is starting to lose its sense of direction and is starting to fall victim to cliche scenes.. and I don't even mean cliche in the sense that they're ripping off other high school shows or movies.. they're ripping themSELVES off. Instead of getting new and interesting plots, we're getting the same stuff over and over: Glee club gets teased, they're forced to prove that they're cool, they sing some cool songs and boom! They're cool again. Until the next episode.

I should say that the musical numbers were great here. The Thriller song was the highlight of the episode for me, closely followed by the "Bills, Bills, Bills" cover. The show definitely doesn't have problems with choosing interesting songs to sing; obviously, these are talented actors with great singing voices. It's the writing that's starting to make the show wilt. Characters that had potential to be interesting and once WERE interesting (Mr. Shue particularly) are being shoved aside or kept to repeat the same scenes over and over again. Sometimes, the scenes are so haphazard and jump all over the place, enough to make it difficult to watch.

I still watch the show, mostly because it's harmless fun, something that I can watch and criticize without feeling I don't want to watch it anymore. It's infectious in a way some other shows aren't, and I'll keep watching.. I just want the writing to improve a bit. If that can happen, my thoughts on the show will improve immensely.
  • What a thrilling episode! :D

Now that's how you make a comeback. :D I think this was the best episode of Glee so far! It's possible that why I'm all hyped up about it is because there was no Glee for two months and I was so nervous to see that episode, but still. Amazing episode!
    Sue was so herself this episode. I loved it. I don't mind it when Sue shows her softer side but this was even greater. I loved her diary entrance and of course when she made cheerios slap with chicken cutlets. :D The music in the background was just the right one when she had a nervous breakdown. :D And oh, her interview with Katie Couric - priceless. :D
    Songs were great! My favourite would probably be Need you now and the second of course a mash-up of Thriller and Heads will roll. Awesome performance! It was so intense and sooo good. You really could feel the energy, it was like an explosion. The storyline was also the best in this episode. I liked how they came back to that problem about bullying Glee kids and about typical american stereotypes... It really was a realistic episode. I didn't like it how in previous episodes they started to develope some storylines and then in the next episodes they didn't develope them further. But in this episode, the storyline that has been in the show for so long, was fully explored and had reached the top. I have to say, Karoffsky really is a complicated character and has some issues with being gay What I liked very much was Finn's speech when he talked to Santana, Britney and Quinn. He said just the right words. ;) Rachel and the other girls were so funny when they were walking down the field to join the team. :D
    However... What's up with Finn and Quinn?? I don't want them to be a couple again. I don't know, he's just better with Rachel. And besides, Quinn took that promise ring from Sam. We'll se how that goes but I wasn't expecting them to see together again. And I missed Emma once again.
    But overall - amazing episode!
  • I'm glad glee is back!!!

well...I just finished watching it (yeah ... i'm from Portugal) I thought that this episode was one of the best!! it was legendary!!! My question is, how could Quinn look totally perfect with Sam in the beginning, get all googly eyed at Puck in the middle, and kiss Finn at the end?? i was shocked when Quinn kissed Finn, i wasn't expecting that at all! I'm still not sure i like the new finn and quinn story line...and Rachel? I don't want Finn to fall for Quinn! I want Rachel and Finn to be back together!

I can wait to see next episode...
  • I just finished watching it.........wow

i've got to say, for me it actually didn't live up to the hype from all the previews, don't get me wrong it was a good episode filled with lots of surprises, but it wasn't as good as i thought it would be.

i loved the story line with the football team having to join glee club for a week, and i thought it was funny and ironic watching them having slushy thrown at them instead of being the ones who throw them. i've got say that i was annoyed when even after the half time game, and them all coming together at the end it went back to them thinking the glee club is for losers.

!!!!! i was sooooo shocked when quinn kissed finn, i wasn't expecting that at all, but then when i thought about it, throughout the episode there were lot's of hints that i didn't notice. i'm still not sure i like the new finn and quinn story line, i liked quinn with sam, and i thought that maybe rachel and finn might get back together.

but anyways, i'm glad glee is back!!!!!
  • superbowl lead-out episodes

So I was expecting a lot from this episode... first because it was the most expensive in the history of this show and then because everybody including me is wondering if this show will break the ratings of friends post super-bowl episode or at least have a huge audience.
    So this episode was a challenge for the cast and crew because of the expectations of everyone.
    And I was really impress by this episode because they've done a special episode without being too different of the usual ones. And there is a quite good balance between the singing and the story part. For the storyline it was a nice storyline with the team spirit and the football team joining club was funny. And the ending OMG I wasn't expecting that at first but all along the episode there are a lot of clues that lead us to this ending... That promises a lot for Tuesday episode (valentine day theme)!!!!
MNT