Glenroe

RTE One (ended 2001)

Glenroe Fan Reviews (2)

6.8
  • 'Glenroe' one of Irish television's earliest Soap Operas was a spin-off of 'Bracken'. 'Glenroe' focused on the lives of the residents of a small Wiclow farming community.

Although 'Glenroe' provided the Irish nation with much entertainment and controversy, the departures of Joe Lynch and Mary McEvoy who played the characters of Dinny Byrne and Biddy Byrne, respectively, caused uproar amongst fans and even though the writers and producers tried everything they could to boost the ratings, RTÉ decided that the show was well and truly dying and removed it from the air in April, 2001 after 18 years on the air.

'Glenroe' still has a huge fanbase, despite not being on the air for over 5 years, and many fans are hopeful that 'Glenroe' may be brought back to our screens even now.
  • Not exactly a bad way to past time.

Not exactly a bad way to past time. Although I have had more enjoyable moments. Glenroe does have its high points although I certainly wished there were more of them. It left me bored not long after I was exposed to it and that certainly is not saying something entirely positive about it. Nonetheless, it is very well packaged so a 7 rating I feel is very fair.