Global Frequency

The WB (ended 2005)

Global Frequency Fan Reviews (9)

• Warren Ellis' graphic novel comes to electronic media for the first and only time - make that the last time.

Before The Martha Stewart Show... before Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?... before Amnesia... before
    My Dad is Better Than Your Dad... there was Global Frequency, Warner Bros. Television and Survivor mastermind Mark Burnett's 13-part action hour derived from a series of graphic novels by Warren Ellis. Led by Miranda Zero, a team of high-tech middle school students battled good and evil as they fight a range of global disasters around the planet. Global Frequency delivered an hour of action, special visual effects, and the kind of action, adventure and excitement that can only come from Warner Bros. Television.
  • Incredibly unique and showed great promise. It was an absolutely amazing premise for a show.

What’s Global Frequency? Well, imagine the X-Files has world-class sex with Alias, and produces a mutant offspring with a taste for crank that lives 20 minutes in the future…
    Okay, that’s not quite it, but it’s close. Imagine a world where various government agencies can’t really solve any of the end-of-the-world disasters that technology on fast-forward produces, so a group of the best of the best spies, geniuses and action-adventure types springs up around the world, coordinated invisibly in real time by a hidden high-tech phone and data system and run by a tough-as-nails woman who goes by the name of Miranda Zero
  • global frequency

i wish the network would have picked the show up its good.. better than some shows on air these days yet they keep stupid shows on airs and ignore actual viewer feedback????

I thought the show had potential

nice concept

good actors

I liked the whole everyone has a use until they need your help. makes for a good story line

I also loved the technology

its like MI meets Matrix meets any spy shows out today and then some

i really hope the networks reconsider a great show like this, but one thing??? the mole has to go.. thats all i have to say

cheers from canada

felix
  • Another reason why television stations should ask their viewers what they want to see, before they do something stupid.

Although it is wrong that this was leaked out to people, myself included (by proxy), it makes me wonder what other pilots have been passed on before. And if any of them are as good as this, then I weep at the thought.

It is my belief that networks themselves should not decide what gets aired, and what gets thrown away into a vault to (in other cases, at least) rot and be forgotten forever. I believe that they should directly ask their viewers, what do you want to see? They should ask for several different pilots, and then air them, a few a night, until they\'ve all aired their pilot episode. Then the viewers could log on to a site, call a toll-free number, send an e-mail, a letter, whatever, and vote. After that, the votes should be tallied, and in conjunction with the ratings, a winner should be picked from each night (each night would have 1 or 2, possibly 3 new pilots), and then immediately put into production for a full season.

Not to say shows that don\'t \"win\", wouldn\'t get aired, but they wouldn\'t win the contest and would not be guaranteed a spot. If however, the race is close, both would probably make it to air, but I digress.

This is a great idea, and the way that they should program television. By asking the viewers, \"Hey, do you want to watch this?\", and then listening to us. The guys that decided this wasn\'t worthy of a shot, don\'t know what the rest of us want to watch, they can\'t, they live in a completely different world.

They need to ask us. They need to say, \"Hey, America, which one of these do you like?\", and we should then tell them what we want. But I fear this will never be done.

This is of course hardly a review of the show, more like a rant, and I\'m sorry. I just can\'t keep from ranting about the boneheaded decisions that network executives make, daily.

See: Arrested Development, the first cancelling of Family Guy, Firefly, Sports Night, Dead Like Me... and so many others.

The viewers should be the ones with the power, in all honesty. And that\'s the end of my rant. For the moment.
  • Which idiot decided not to pick this show up?

This show has one of the most promising pilots of the last few years- it's far from perfect, but all the characters are likeable, and pretty well-rounded- particularly considering this is only episode one- the plot is cleverer than I've come to expect from action shows, and the aesthetics are to die for- kind of Sin city meets the Matrix.
    It was also an excellent opportunity for Michelle Forbes (Kalifornia, 24's Lynn) to become a big star. Actually the same goes for most of the cast- the lead actor is staggeringly good,considering he has a habit of appearing in aborted pilots or shows that are cancelled soon afterwards- but then I liked him in Ally Mc Beal also.
    The format allows the story to write itself, and its broad scope would have made for plenty of diverity.
    The gadgetry is cool without being over the top, and there's even some smart science in there (I don't know if it mader actual scientific sense, I'm not a scientist, but it sounded pretty clever to me).
    So what went wrong? I can only assume that the network decided they could not afford to make a show that would need such a high budget with the relatively small cult audience it would probably have garnered; and that's a major shame- it does not speak well oftelevision audiences if 'Dancing with the stars' rakes in millions of viewers, whilst there is not enough of an audience to even give such a promising show a chance to thrive.
  • WB please reconsider and actually put this in production

The big heads at WB trash canned this program before they gave the public a chance to see it. Great story line, creative, fresh ... how many more words to say ... hey this might actually not be complete retread of last years ... stuff. if ya want me as a viewer put it back in the line up
  • Too bad this pilot wasn't picked up. It deserves a chance.

7.8
    I can't say I loved it, but this pilot did show some potential. Good characters, story and music.
    Best thing about has to be Miranda Zero: Michelle forbes is an amazing actress.
    If it was given a chance I think it would attract many viewers.

I would like to see more!
  • 50 or 100 words or more, simply wouldn't be enough justice to this program. It really deserves to be picked up so that the pilot can be shown officially for more people to appreciate.

A lot has been made of people dl files and how p2p is wrong but how else could a prog like this ever see the light of day.

Some say it could be the new x files, it certainly has that same sci-fi edge just without the same spooky backing music.

This is well worth the opportunity to view if you can do it legitimately.

Otherwise I suppose our only other option remains to turn to a bookstore!
  • Based on the suspenseful and action-packed graphic novel franchise, "Global Frequency" marks the dramatic television debut of successful producer Mark Burnett The Global Frequency is an independent, illegal, covert intelligence agency determined to preven

Wow

I've just watched one of the most existing shows in years. It has something different action, drama and good old fashion sci-fi. I got so exited whilst watching it and at the end of the episode my mate told be it was only a pilot and no series is being made. What a shame as I seen some rubbish lately and this had some promises.