Globe Trekker

PBS Premiered Mar 31, 2002 In Season

foolishtv

Globe Trekker Fan Reviews (9)

• Travel the world from the comfort of your sofa!

Whether visiting the dense jungles of South America, the secret side of Paris, the cold mountain peaks of the Andes, or the gnarly waves at Oahu, you can be sure of seeing the world as you've never seen it before!

"Globe Trekker" takes the viewer on journeys well off the beaten track, that neither travel agents or travel books even know about! Our "tour guides" are usually younger men and women whose energy and spirited outlook comes through in everything they do, whether it's crossing a rickety wooden bridge, taking a ride on a modern roller coaster, or chomping on some local delicacy that would make most of us gag! They not only show us the locales, they involve themselves with the locals, sometimes with humorous results! Occasionally, we are taken through somber sites such as churches and war memorials, leading us to appreciate the past as well as the present.

The guides implore us to reach out to the unknown, and even give us helpful hints, such as which hotels to stay at, which restaurants to eat at, what attractions to see, and, of course, what to avoid!

Sometimes, they seem to get bogged down in a particular detail or area, usually toward the end of the hour-long show, and I wonder if they are simply filling-in air time, which is the only reason I didn't give them a higher score.

But, whether you're seeking adventure, an out-of-the-way cafe, or hunting for that great shopping bargain, "Globe Trekker" is the program for you!

And the theme music is pretty good, too! ; )