Go, Diego, Go!

Weekdays 10:30 AM on Nickelodeon Premiered Sep 06, 2005 Between Seasons

Go, Diego, Go! Fan Reviews (55)

• Go, Diego, go away and never come back!

When you first see Go, Diego, Go! there is a question to be asked. Why? Seriously, why? Dora the Explorer was already bad enough with its bad songs, constant use of Spanish words, and stupid pauses about where to go next, even though it's so obvious. So why did it need another show based on her cousin? The show is about Dora's cousin named Diego who goes around saving animals. He is assisted by his sister, Alicia, and a jaguar. To make matters worse, Dora makes an appearance on the show every now and then. The show is basically the same as Dora. It has terrible songs that will make your ears bleed, the artwork and animation is similar, and it still has that awkward pause. Now to be fair, the show actually does a decent job of teaching kids about animals and is the only real educational value in this show. The show still uses Spanish words which is pointless since unless your kid is a genius, your kid won't understand the Spanish words at all. The stories are absurd. One episode involved moving the moon and fixing it and it can talk. What's that supposed to teach kids? That the moon is very small, it can be fixed like a puzzle, and it can talk? There is virtually no joy in Go, Diego, Go! and even though this show is made for kids, it's still just terrible. The only thing that Diego should go do is to go away. If you see this on TV, get your kids away from this show and go as far away as possible from this pitiful mess of a show.
  • Hated this as a little kid

Before we jump into ANYTHING, I wanna point something out: This show tries to teach children about animals, but the character Diego can 'talk' to animals, okay? Well that's harmless, seeing as talking to animals is an actual ability [I can ._.], but this, like, 8 year old kid walks up to these animals, make it seem like if a little kid did that, the fox or whatever isn't going to get startled and scratch/bite/whatever.

Okay rant over...
  • " Lets go on an adventure " Diego says. I say " NO! "

There is a lot of things wrong with this show. I mean come on Diego is Doras cousin. There has to be. And i'll tell you why. 1: His adventures. Diego always go on at least 1 adventure every episode. How dangerous... no really, how dangerous! Diego takes a ride on so random zipline and then all these wild animals come out and scream " Go Diego go Diego go " etc. That is ear bleeding similar to the map from " Dora the "Brainless" Explorer!" ( As I call it. ) Then he goes into the forest or some dangerous location just to save the animal. Someone call his parents because he"s gonna get killed. 2: Education. I would say about 5% of it is educational because it gives real life facts about animals. Thats it. The rest is brainwashing, dumb adventures that teach absolutely nothing. Including the fact that Diego talks to wild animals which is one of the dumbest noneducational things on this show saying that if you talk to animals, they talk back. I thought that it said that it"s educational. Not a pinch of education. 3:The Bobo brothers. What kind of person would add these characters into the show!? All they do is bounce around stealing stuff for no reason. Thats it? Oh yeah and another reason why this pair of brothers are so dumb is that whenever Diego says " Freeze Bobos! " 3 three times ( I think ) like a police officer, they freeze and say " Oops! " and then they ran away like they had nothing to do with it. Dumb, dumb, dumb. 4: Similarities to Dora the Explorer. One thing that is easy to see about this show is that it's similar to Dora in some ways. That makes it dumb because its like some reasons from hating Dora go onto Diego. The Bobos are like Swiper. Diego goes on an adventure to rescue friends like Dora does sometimes. And like how Dora collects stars, Diego collects pictures of animals.The spanish education is kind of the same. And they both ask stupid question such as " Where is the cave? " then make that stupid five second pause, well, i'm not exactly sure if they both do those things. Onto number five. 5: They live in an unexpected location. A treehouse in the forest without parents. What!? Thats like Dora. They both never have parental permission or supervision but with Diego living inside a treehouse with Alicia and a jaguar in the forest is not safe at all. Also, it makes the show worse. If you want to, please read my Dora review so you know what i'm saying. I really don't want to know if they live there because in most of the episodes, they're in the treehouse or extremely close to it. One of the final reasons I hate it is this. 6: Baby Jaguar. I don't really hate Baby Jaguar, I just hate how Diego has a baby jaguar. So Diego finds it in the "FOREST" and takes it or something like that. I'm not really sure if that happened because I don't really watch it. I only watched it so I can get information for this review. However if he did take it, i'm sure that if in real life, its parents would kill him they just have to find him.And all that it is a wild animal and Diego shouldn't be having it because he doesn't have all the food and water Baby Jaguar needs probably. I mean like what if they run out of that stuff? Although you can find more food or water in forests. These are all reasons I hate " Go Diego Go" and i'll see if I can make another review on a different show. Thanks and bye.
  • This is a terrific addition to the Nick Jr. family. My boys are absolutely fascinated by it. They are learning more and more about animals every day! Way to Go, Diego, Go!!!

Go, Diego, Go follows the basic ideas and structure of Dora The Explorer but with new friends and a focus on the animal world. My boys (ages 2 and 4) are absolutely fascinated by it. They are learning more and more about animals everyday, and it's a bonus that the animals featured are not ones we'd ever have encountered in the US. It's a an absolute treat.

My son already wants a rescue pack like Diego's. I don't have anything negative to say about the show at all. We're looking forward to seeing more.

Way to Go, Diego, Go!!!
  • Dangerous, Filled With Incorrect Facts, and as Bad as Dora.

Just like Diego's cousin, his parents got their . Residency cards confiscated, the plots repeat and make no sense, feeds kids bad information, and is filled with profanity. Diego always comes up to a wild animal like he's not going to startle it and get bitten or scratched. In real life, you'd get ripped to shreds. No joke. What I mean by the plots making no sense is in one episode, a star blows up the moon into chunks, and drowns in the Gulf of Mexico(my educational guess, after all, this show is based about Mexican citizens). Nothing else to say, really, it's just equally as bad as Dora the Explorer.
  • Crap that needs to burn.

It's a little better ,but like Dora this show needs to burn.
  • this show is dangerous

I once knew a kid who went into the woods behind their house because a baby possum was crying. it bit him and he died... lol no .. but what if that did happen..
  • A spin-off of DORA THE EXPLORER!?

Not more of this crap. If Dora the explorer was not bad enough of a scar on the air. This junk comes on. Now I am so sick of nick makeing shows that make kids think life is so easy, it's not. Someday I hope to see this cancled man.
  • Same thing as Dora. Do not watch this show.

This show is like reviewing the same thing as Dora. with major changes. It has the same Flaws. (With the exception of Swiper, no swiping) 15/100 Horrible.
  • One of the worst shows it ever made.

Diego helps save animals from stuff.I don't even like this show.It's worse than Dora the Explorer and it well didn't do better than that show.The stupidest thing about this show is that the moon broke and Diego saved it.You can't save the moon and do know how many inches were the moon in this show?!It was small and that is not the size of the moon.The moon could never break because it's really big and if it could fall into the ocean,it could make a really big tidal wave.This show is really bad of what it has done and it's stupid.
  • Why?????????????

Seriously nick jr? Why do you have to create a spinoff series of Dora which is already a horrible show! Cancel this!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • What the heck did I just see

the theme song is annoying and the show itself is just plain annoying I used to like this show but after I turned 8 or 9 I said this show stinks I don't understand the animal part and now Diego has his own backpack it's just like dora, ya I know theyre cousins so that makes them both annoying shows
  • Go back to your home!

Yeah is it a good idea for children to go to the jungle themselves, talk to the wild animals?

Plot: Diego, a wildlife scout, helps animals around and knows alot of animals. If he sees one animal in danger, he goes into the rescue.

Characters: Almost same as Dora The Exploiter, the backpack talks back, but has a different purpose. It can transform. Also the animals. Most of these characters have a stupid nature in them. The Bobo Brothers? They are the counterpart of Swiper The Fox. But they stop it by saying freeze, and going away without fixing the problem. Argh.

Value: Yeah, wildlife facts are the only good in here, but going into a jungle without a guardian is a bad thing. You want to see a child talking to a big lion? You want to see a kid stopping the monkey like a cop?

Art: Good animation, but needs ALOT of improvement including removing those eyes from the inanimate objects. The animals, can keep it.

Overall: -2. Bad education value plus more dangerous for the little kids' thoughts.
  • It should be called 'Run, Diego, Run.'

This. Show. Sucks. Eggs. That's it. It has no educational merit other than the fact that it sucks, and it teaches future teachers what NOT to teach their class. Baby Jaguar is supposed to be a sidekick, but where is he half the time Diego is out on adventures? Speaking of which, didn't Diego have a sister? Where'd she go? It's like the dreadful Steve rumor that circulated when Joe took over on Blue's Clues, except nobody replaced Alicia--in fact, no one knew who she even was. If only Blue's Clues would come back and put heart back into kid shows again...but, that era has passed us by...too bad we were too engrossed in it to see that...
  • that is so Bad! Cancel!It!

Why waz that born?!?!I so dont like it! if ur asking,i HATE it nobody wathes it!!!!!!!!i dont no WHY they relly made it! now i think im saying it Over and o v e r Again, every1 should Rate it 0 ZER0! i do not like it i dont even wanna hear bout it!Never will i watch it in a MILLION Years!

• This Show is Awesome

I'm so sorry this show got cancelled. My son loves this show. What I find amazing is that never once has my son run off into the jungle to try and rescue a wild animal or attempted to operate a hand glider or water skies as a result of this show as some parents might suggest. Some parents need to get a grip. Hello...It just a cartoon.
  • WTF is this?????

This was one of the worst and boring shows I have ever seen. This just about a boy name Diego thats just saves animals. Nothing really happens, the animals need help and Diego saves them, thats it. I cant beileve Im saying this but I rather watch Dora the explorer than this piece of garbage. The chararters are stupid, all the episodes are boring, and all the plots are terrible. Please someone cancel this show right now. This show doesnt deserve to be on the air anymore. The voices is the worst thing in the whole show, it just hurts my ears badly. I hope this show gets cancel soon and fast.
  • Take... it... away...

Seriously, It sucks, alot! This show needs to be taken off the air. I see commercials for the play type thing, and I have to say "Hi kids, its me, Diego. Don't mind the 5 o'clock shadow and the shaving cuts, I'm really a kid, just like you." They do a really bad job at everything on the show. The show was meant to support an already sucking show on nick jr. and it still hasn't managed to do that, if anything, it has made it worse. Just take it off the air and let everyone forget it ever existed. EVER!

Sonic80 - Go, Diego, Go!
  • Go Diego Go is about a wonderful little boy and his older sister who are animal rescuers, and their animal scientist parents.

Go Diego Go is perfect! I introduced Diego to the four year old boy I babysit, and he absolutely adores him now; we have a lot of fun playing "Alicia and Diego." Go Diego Go is fun, educational, interesting, imaginative, and sweet. I couldn't have asked for a better show for boys, espically ones already familiar with Dora. All young kids would benefit from watching it, and even older people, such as parents (or teenage babysitters) can really enjoy it. However, it is not for people who want fast-paced, edgy shows, and is not for people who like Inuyasha.
  • Go Diego Go is one of my favorite television shows.

I like Go Diego go. His sister Alisia sometimes goes with him on his adventures. Baby Jaguar goes with him on his adventures. I learn about what animals eat. I learn about what animals are afraid of. I learn how animals move. I learn where animals live. His cousin Dora was on one episode of the show. He best friend Boots the Monkey was with her.
  • a spin off

I think the show needs a little work. it's or the age group around 2 or 3 and 4 its to help the kids to learn things at an early age and learn different things, it's based on entertaining for young children. Not about real life experiences how many real life experiences does 2,3 and 4 yr old need. I think it could cut back on the siniging a little bit.
  • Like Dora the Explorer, it's agreat show that teaches kids the wonders of the animal kingdom.

It's like a Dora the Explorer set to appeal a little more to the male population of our preschoolers. It's cute, but I think they should've left Dora to her adventures without letting Diego butt in.
    The only thing that bugs me is that Boots can talk, but Baby Jaguar can't. Why is Boots special? Is it his boots? Are they magic?
  • A good show for kids to learn the basics about animals, but way too much like Dora the Explorer.

"Go Deigo Go!" is the newest installment (I believe) on Nick Jr. It features the independent adventures of Dora's cousin, Deigo--who has apparently become immensely popular if he has his own spin-off series. It's a little more modernized and probably for an older audience than Dora, of course, I could be wrong in my guess. Each episode features a new animal to learn about, and not just the generic ones like "camel" or "dog", which I like, I admit. It features a wide range of animals from jaguars to condors and each episode, they reveal animal facts while Deigo sets out to help an animal in need. He works at an animal rescue shelter with his sister, so you learn things about how people care for wild animals as well. Baby Jaguar is a much cuter companion than Boots, and a helluva lot less annoying, at that part.

However, in retrospect, it is a lot like Dora the Explorer if you look at it. Instead of Map and Backpack, they are replaced with Rescue Pack and Flick (the camera), which pretty much serve the same basic purpose. Swiper the talking cartoon fox has been replaced with the Bobo Brothers and the puma--if you can say that. Dora has appeared in a few episodes, but hey, he's Dora's cousin. Of course he's there.

It's a good show for kids to watch, especially animal lovers. Fans of the Disney Channel show "Stanley" might get a great kick out of this too, although to be honest I find "Stanley" a little more entertaining. It's not perfect, and a lot of the facts are "dumbed down" for smaller kids, of course, but the basic animal facts are all there and the animals in the show have proper anatomy, reflexes, and are drawn very well--especially the llama. Give it a try if you have kids who are animal lovers; just because I didn't like it doesn't mean you shouldn't.
  • ...

Ok, this is my 3rd improvement of my previous review because I realized my previous review was not fully understand. I hope you can understand my improve review this time. Ok here goes.

Go, Diego, Go is a worst Dora The Explorer spin-off ever like, it is now teaching kids to rescue animals? Oh boy what a stupid show.

It's all about Dora's cousin named Diego, a SO-CALLED Hispanic boy, he had a long haired brown girl which is forgot her named. Then he also had a pet excite baby Jaguar. They go boring rescuing adventures, Dora was now a recurring character in the show. That's it.

The same as Dora, I don't like the plot.

There quite ok.

Educational Value:
    The same as Dora did, it teaches kids to speak Spanish. Then it also teaches kids to rescue animals in a Tarzan style.

Voice Acting and Dialogue:
    Like Dora, the dialogue was quite childish the voice acting, once again good.

Overall: still BAD!!!
    This show is just another childish show. It's also lowers children IQ. I can still recommend you should watch Blue's Clues.
  • What...the...****...is...this?

Ok. Dora is a good show for kids (as foretold in my Dora the Explorer), but this show is just...BLAH!! I hope Diego gets attacked by an animal & dies. He deserves it. Or at least get crushed by a huge boulder or something. I really don't care. He just needs to go away & die. This show is SO bad!
  • Horriflying and annoying

What the hell is this the jungle version of Dora.I hate this show alot and now all thanks to this and Dora everyone is copying Dora and this so thanks alot for ruining our childhood Dora and that Alicia who the hell is she?So 1st Dora,then Go Diego Go and what's next The adventures of Boots the monkey.This needs to go
  • Yes, Diego, Go! Go, and for God's sake, don't come back!

Okay, I'll begin this review with a wee little question: How come the brainless pork-farts at Nick deem it necessary to create a spin-off of such a useless show?! It baffles me!

G,D,G is about Dora's ****ing animal-loving (not in a gross way) cousin named Diego. Diego has a friend, I don't know her name because I don't give two crapcakes about it. Diego saves animals, but not from abusive and crazy owners like Animal Planet's "Miami Animal Cops", and other spin-offs of the same channel. He saves them from dumb crap. He finds a bird with an injured wing in one episode. Forgive me if I step out of line here, but if you're a grown-@$$ bird who has flown all it's life and runs into a tree, damaging it's wing, the bird ****ing deserves to suffer for it more than it did. What kind of stupid pigeon runs head-the-hell-first into a tree? If I've already forgotten the episode and it wasn't a tree that did it, I apologize in advance. But that doesn't save the show one bit.

This show is exactly like "Dora", add some animals, slightly different characters, different tech, and take away the freaking monkey and add a baby Jaguar, and you're set. That's the only reason I gave this a higher score than Dora is because they got rid of Boots. I prefer the cat a lot better. This also has something Dora has: repetitive songs that are not catchy in the least. I won't post them, I refuse to go to the trouble.

This is just Dora the Explorer tweaked a bit. Don't torture yourself by watching.
  • What the did they do to the show, I was actaully learning spanish at the beginning.

Why did they add a boy to the show, that just makes it look stupid. I mean the girl and the monkey, also that fox I can accept but the boy? Were they that f*ckin desperate? Also it doesnt really teach you some false spanish, just the word 'Cake' in in that show means O shiizl ghizengar bbbbbbbbbbbbbttttttttttttt. I mean really I used to like to watch that show in the morning, even thats was the only kids show that I liked compared to that drug addicted barney and those emo teletubbies. So anyways its going downhill, so if I could do something about the show.. kill the boy and the false spanish.
  • My god kids learn rap at a young age.

The theme song is like rap. The only reason I watch this show is because of baby jaguar(which is really a tiger or a lepord or something). I hate him his soooooooooo annoying. If you cant stand Dora you cant stand him. I hate him along with his cousin. I hate you Diego HATE YOU. Im telling you he comes from the pits of HELL!!!!!!!!!!
  • Forget diego let's have a show all about Baby jaguar!

I love baby jaguar! He's so cute and he can talk. He's got an awesome voice that draws me in. Of course I hate diego and I want him to die. But baby jaguar can stay! You know what? Let's get rid of diego and ALL of the other characters and have a show all about baby jaguar. Funny thing is, Thomas sharkey (baby jaguar's voice actor) is also on another Nick jr. Show called the Backyardigans (best show ever!).
< 1 2