Go On

Matchup Problems

Aired Thursday 9:30 PM Mar 26, 2013 on NBC

7.3
  • Did Not Meet Expectations

I loved Courtney Cox on Friends, but I did not love her here. Her character was so odd, and it did not make sense. I did like the competition between Ryan and Anne though. I love those two characters together. Meanwhile the much smaller plot involving Lauren and Yolanda was good--though not at all great. There were a couple of good Yolanda moments. Some great Lauren moments. And then Fausta's "flarting" was hilarious but so weird. Mr. K was a bit too weird in this episode, but it's Mr. K!
  • Matchup Problems

The reunion of Courtney Cox and Matthew Perry was good, I liked the "rapping" gimmick, but I thought there was so much more they could have done with those two, and I thought the ending was too abrupt and out of nowhere.

The final narration about free agency was good, and hopefully we get more of those emotional closeouts.

Some great Mr. K moments, and I wish he would be used more.
  • Strange episode

It was refreshing to see Matthew Perry go to a "Chandler" like act for a little while. In the beginning he acted a lot like his Friends character. Courtney Cox's character was strange, and for me a little unbelievable; maybe I'm just not out as much as I used to be, so I don't know. It was an ok episode. I was actually hoping for more because of the reunion of "Chandler and Monica". I feel like the writers could have done better. However, I like how they tied things up at the end, with Lauren unsure about her fiance and such. Building up for interesting character development in the future I hope.