Go On

Pilot

Aired Thursday 9:30 PM Aug 08, 2012 on NBC

• The Return of Ms. Chanandler Bong

Matthew Perry is back on NBC and this time, he is synthesizing the drama and the sitcom into one megashow which has received enormous promotion and a sampling slot second to only the Super Bowl (the Olympics, that is). The pilot was as solid as any pilot usually is. There's a lot of exposition, which is handled tastefully. The comedy in the episode was more subtle and played second fiddle to the drama, but this is a welcome respite from the slapstick sitcoms that dominate the market. The only issue was that it seemed all the funny moments were in the trailer! Watching the actual episode, it seemed like the content was a little bland (not surprising, since most of us had already seen the punch lines!) In any case, a great start to a promising series
  • has great potential

wow. matthew perry is back! loved it. always loved his brand of comedy. he was my favorite in FRIENDS. the pilot episode made me laugh but was touching as well. great pilot episode. can't wait to see what comes next. already a fan of the show just from the pilot episode.
  • Loved it!

I really like Matthew Perry, not just for "Friends" but also for his other work. The pilot reminds me of numb, an amazing movie that resonates with me on a personal level. I love the concept, the writing, and the technical work. From an objective standpoint I would change a few things though. Slow it down, Not every story needs so much information in the first 20 minutes of the show being alive. Build the characters up further, we knew matt would be playing an upbeat yet emotionally compromised middle aged radio host from the get-go, but I feel the other people in the group deserve more definition. The lighting in the show is a little too much. This may just be my setup, because I'm watching it on a monitor, not a tv. I feel as if the lining was too bright, too exposed, and too dark in the front. However, it portrayed the background very well. His place at the station makes for some interesting conflict, and the actors (without getting too deep) are ones that I know and love. Great people for a great show. My outlook is spectacular.
  • A new show with alot of potential

Well being the pilot episode you can't expect too much from it but this pilot did show alot of potenital for a really great show. I didn't really know what to expect when I first heard about it but after watching it left me very intrigued. I think the only downfall with this pilot was that it featured alot of chracters and you were only able to learn a little bit about each one (mainly why they are all in grief counseling). Although there were alot of charcters shown you kind of want to learn more about them.

Will have to wait a couple of episodes before you can really tell if this will be a good show or not.
  • Hard genre to pull off!

With only half an hour of time slot, Go On's pilot episode accomplished a stunt with the highest level of difficulty. Indeed, cramming up sitcom sequences and authentic drama scenes into a 22-minute episode is a tough task to do, let alone confusing for the viewers. In fact, I am quite puzzled on why the producers decided to mix campy and hard core drama on one TV show, despite the accustomed polarity of the two genres. They are aspiring for inventiveness, perhaps. As a result, unfortunately, the screenplay suffers with uneven rhythm.

But overall, I highly enjoyed it. A dose of eccentricity is really my cup of tea. I just hope they find a delicious blend between the opposing genres for the series to stay on air. I can clearly see a caliber of genius with this one.
  • How does That Make You Feel?

I loved this, and I wasn't expecting to. A show about grief counseling? Really. I wasn't planning on ever watching this, but it came on after I was watching the Olympics and I just left it on. God, am I glad I did. It wasn't laughs a minute, but it's very funny. It has an amazing cast, my favorites being the woman who's cat died, the angry lesbian and the Hispanic woman. Another strength of the show is it's ability to mix comedy and seriousness, without being overly sad, a combination which I don't remember being done well since the mid 90s.

The only worry I have about this show is, I have a hope it will last a long time, but I'm not sure how this group of people are going to manage to stay in group therapy for 6, 7 years.

All in all, I loved it, and I will defiantly be watching this fall. Move over NCIS: LA, your times slots been refilled. :)
  • Not the best for someone who likes laughs every minute, but great for those who like a balance between comedy and seriousness

Now, I have to admit this started out slow, but it's a pilot, so what do you expect? The funny parts though, were really funny. Great characters. I am now really excited to see episode 2. Just a shame we have to wait so long.
  • A Promising NBC Show....? Really?

I went in with low expectations for this series as quite frankly NBC has not launched a good new show since 30 Rock, but this was an enjoyable half hour of comedy. A little too many castmembers, but this show felt real and genuine. It had some elements of humor, although it could have been much funnier, but it just felt heartfelt. Just one episode in you already have a protagonist you are interested in seeing grow week to week.

Not sure if it will be a ratings winner, but this was a fun show.