God Or the Girl

Sunday 9:00 PM on A&E Premiered Apr 16, 2006 Between Seasons

God Or the Girl Fan Reviews (2)

5.9
  • Engrossing look at the decisions faced by four men who consider training for the Catholic priesthood.

This mini-series follows four young men who are trying to discern whether they have a calling to become Catholic priests. We see them in school and among friends and family. Each has a genuine love for the faith. Each will discover the decision is not one to be taken lightly, as both sides of the spectrum, religious and quotidian, offer positives and challenges bound to make a big impact on their lives.

We get to meet the priests and others with whom they study and mentor; watch the students undertake special projects designed to test their ingenuity and commitment; see the 'rest' of their world, as they plan for mission and charity work; and get a chance to experience an aspect of the tension and the joy faced by the subjects of the show.

You'll root for the young men, and you'll learn something. A show that is surprising and enjoyable for Catholics and non-Catholic audiences alike.
  • Young men must choose to give up everything to gain spiritual leadership. It shows the tough decisions a man must face to become a Cathoilic Priest.

I believe that this show is something absolutly interesting, even if you aren't a person of faith. It is reality television that is actually real! I personally am in my own stuggle with choosing to be Lutheran Pastor or not and even though I will not have to give up what these young men will, I can really connect with them. I wish that there were more shows like this one to show the different kinds of stuggles that real people have to go through. It is a different way of looking at the Catholic Preisthood and I believe this show helps us appreciate a Catholic Friar even more. Very interesting.