Godzilla: The Series

FOX (ended 2000)

Godzilla: The Series Fan Reviews (10)

• The original Godzilla movies were bad enough, but they at least have a sense of a cult following. This cartoon version can't even claim that.

5.2
    The original Godzilla movies were bad enough, but they at least have a sense of a cult following. This cartoon version however can't even claim that. Thus said, it is a terrible show. It is hardly worth watching in any form, yet it does have a few bright spots. Therefore, I will shed light on to these first. The animation has a clean, polished look to it, and the sound quality is quite good, all in all giving the impression that this show has potential. However, once you take a deep look, the realism that this show has sub-par plots and only decent characters sets in. It does have the ability to entertain now and then, but not the ability to keep you coming back for more. On a larger scale, if this show did not have the Godzilla name attached to it, it would probably not have lasted past a pilot episode. Yet, it does have the Godzilla trademark and did survive its pilot. As a result, we just have to grit our teeth and bear the ride, maybe enjoying it every now and then.

My final review: All Godzilla related things are generally bad, and this is no exception. Quality wise, this is a decent cartoon, but plot wise, character wise and any other wise you can think of, this show is not worth watching.