Going Tribal

Tuesday 10:00 PM on Discovery Channel Premiered Aug 09, 2005 In Season

Going Tribal Fan Reviews (6)

• Going Tribal is a lesson in cultural anthropology from a real life perspective not just text books. Bruce Parry is the host & willing to live as one of their members so we can understand HOW tribes exist and evolve trying everything they put before him.

Going Tribal with Bruce Parry is absolutely one of the best things going on TV today. We are learning to get away from reality competition shows like "Survivor" and truly learning about these people, their lives and the land that they inhabit.
    I am learning so much from this show and loving each and every minute of it. Bruce Parry was a brilliant choice as host, as he is willing to try anything from hallucinating herbs to piercings and penis inversion.(I even cringed at that and have no penis!)
    Exploration is a dying art, and exploitation seems to be what the trend is. Living and learning from these tribes is not only a lesson in anthropology but a lesson in why is it necessary to leave their land untouched. We dont want these tribes don't disappear from this world entirely.

Aside from that, I have to say, Bruce is relatively easy on the eyes, lol, but that in no way influences my thoughts on Going Tribal!

Love it.