Golden Globe Awards

NBC Premiered Jan 31, 1944 Special

Golden Globe Awards Fan Reviews (3)

7.3
  • Not as funny as the Oscars or Emmys, but much more relaxed.

I'm always excited when an award show is coming up, because we get to see some interesting people and assist some funny speeches. Well some are pretty boring, but most of them are really good. This years Golden Globe had it all. A huge disappointment was George Clooney. Everyone could see that he was bored to death. Why? I didn't expect Timberlake to be witty, but he reacted very good when he noticed that Prince didn't make it to show up in time. It was not the show of the presenters and a host, but really the show of the winners. Meryl Streep showed that she is used to the business and made a nice speech with some laughs. You could see that America Ferrara is a newbie in this, I have my personal problems with Sacha Baron Cohen, I just can't stand his kind of humour. Hugh Laurie didn't expect to win, since he won last year, but he did a god job with his speech "from Dolce & Gabbana".
    Tom Hanks was fun when he presented the Cecil B. DeMille award for Warren Beatty

What I like about the Golden Globe is, that no music kicks the winner of the stage, they are professional enough to know when it's enough. It's a relaxed atmosphere and movie people meet tv folks.
    Nice show and I never regret to see it.