Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.

Duke Slater, Night Club Comic

Aired Friday 9:30 PM Mar 04, 1966 on CBS

• Average episode

The episode starts with Duke doing imitations in front of the platoon, including imitations of Gomer and Sgt. Carter .Gomer likes the imitations, and says Sgt. Carter would be flattered by them .Gomer, Duke, and Frankie go to the Jade club for an ametuer night, and Duke wins on the strength of his imitations of Gomer and Sgt. Carter. Sgt. Carter's peers are there, and invite him to the Jay club, keeping from him Duke is imitating him. Gomer invites Sgt. Carter also. Sgt. Carter likes Duke' s imitation of Gomer, but is unhappy with Duke's imitiation of himself. Gomer invites Sgt. Carter to the stage, as Sgt. Carter ends up singing, and clearing the patrons from the club. I thought Duke's imitations were not that funny. They seemed too exaggerated. That could be what the writing and/or directing called for, but I did not laugh at the imitations. Perhaps the funniest part of the episode was Gomer expecting Sgt. Carter to be flattered by Duke's imitation of him. I rate this an average episode.