1. Whenever possible the character's name should include Rank, First Name, Last Name.
2. The Rank should be in abbreviated form if either the first name or the last name is included. For example:
Jim Nabors (Pvt. Gomer Pyle)
John Napier (Lt. Ames)
3. Use the following Rank abbreviations. Always include the period, except where noted.
Private First Class: PFC (no periods)
Brigadier General: Brig. Gen.
4. If neither the first name nor the last name is known, then the rank should be spelled out. For example:
Jimmy Hayes (Corporal)
5. Specialized cases: "Chief Petty Officer" is always spelled out (for "CPO" is not a generally recognizable abbreviation). "Military Police" is always "MP" with no periods, even when no name is attached.
Edited 2 total times.