Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.

Vacation in Vegas

Aired Friday 9:30 PM Mar 11, 1966 on CBS

• Hilarious vacation episode.

The theme of this episode is set up well. Gomer explains to Duke how he gives to charity. Sgt. Carter is annoyed Gomer is getting a personal call, but when he hears Gomer has won a paid vacation for two to LasVegas, he realizes his chance to manipulate Pyle to take him along for the trip. Great acting by Frank Sutton through his expressions to manipulate Gomer. Gomer and Sgt. Carter are off to Las Vegas. Sgt. Carter meets with his female friend Irene (no mention of Sgt. Carter "cheating" on Bunny) .She has funny scenes with her frustration of going to a rock museum , Hoover Dam , and a Indian rain dance. Sgt. Carter explained to her it is Gomer's money,and her frustration I thought was hilarious, especially if you, like me, have gone a vacation with high expectations, only to be stuck at a museum, etc. Sgt. Carter wanted to gamble, and have a good time with Irene. Gomer's good intentions, and Sgt. Carter's and Irene's frustration made this a great episode. The final scene perfectly wrapped up the episode. Sgt. Carter wins money, and Gomer says to "This time, you pick the charity! I rate this one of the top ten episodes of Gomer Pyle.