How will it compare?

DanteMontoyez

[1]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 5

I wonder how this will compare to the original New Zealand production, of which I'm a big ****ing fan. I'm midway through Season 3 at the moment, and I'm trying to get ahold of 'Honest', its British counterpart.

Anyone have any details on this production yet? When is it airing? Any casting details yet?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DanteMontoyez

[2]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 5
    Also: Why is this listed as "Outrageous Fortune" and not "Outrageous Fortune US"? The original is from New Zealand, if anything that one should bear the original title, not the "NZ" tag. Granted this is an American site for American readers, but since I'm a Canadian I find the American focus on international remakes to be a little bit suspect.

thetrojanrabbit

[3]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 30
    Duplicate guides have been created (and the originals rebadged) on a few foreign shows that are going to be airing in the US, but that's currently being undone, and the original guides are going to be updated to reflect the US air dates.

You can see why on the announcements section of the forums page.

However, it seems that the show is being remade, not being rebroadcast, and is also unnamed as yet, so I might ask this to be changed, and the original returned to its correct title.

sydneygirl1206

[4]May 21, 2008
    • level: 10
    I am also a huge fan of the original NZ show Outrageous Fortune and am very interested to see how the show will be changed for the American auidence as it will be on ABC and not HBO I am assuming that the swearing and sex scenes will be cut out or at least scaled back.

Numb3rsfan1

[5]May 29, 2008
    • level: 28
    sydneygirl1206 wrote:
    I am also a huge fan of the original NZ show Outrageous Fortune and am very interested to see how the show will be changed for the American auidence as it will be on ABC and not HBO I am assuming that the swearing and sex scenes will be cut out or at least scaled back.

Hey everyone!!!!
    I'm from New Zealand and I have to agree with you sydneygirl1206. The NZ version of 'Outrageous Fortune' has lots of swearing and sex scenes. I'm guessing that the US version of this programme will take both of these off and replace it with something else.

Hope this is helpful.