Good Luck Charlie Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2014)

"All Fall Down" Episode Discussion (Spoiler Warning!)

TrickMeNot

[1]Jan 20, 2013
    • level: 54

Discuss the episode here!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Helostwin

[2]Jan 20, 2013
    • level: 17
    I really don't like the way they are bringing this series to an end. It could be done better:

1) Now that PJ (Jason) is barely on the show anymore they are turning BOB into the idiot character instead. It doesn't work.

2) Teddy has always been smarter than Spencer. If HE has enough credits to graduate HS a semester early then SHE obviously does too. The smart thing would have been when they found out he was leaving early for HER to apply for early admission to Boston College or Cambridge or even Harvard (Boston is full of colleges). Then she could have left with him.

She's going to have to leave soon anyway. Bridget & Jason are too old for DC, do they want to desparately hang on like the Sprose twins did? The smart thing would be to write them out of the show ( PJ is away at Culinary School & Teddy is in Boston at college with Spencer) and just bring them back for a visit at the holidays. The show could return to the original older brother-middle sister-younger brother format it had the first season. Except instead of PJ-Teddy_Gabe it willl be Gabe-Charlie-Toby.

They really should change the name . It's never been about Charlie anyway >> it was always about Teddy. Now it's becoming more & more about Gabe.

SabrinaColema

[3]Jan 24, 2013
    • level: 9

Helostwin wrote:
    I really don't like the way they are bringing this series to an end. It could be done better: 1) Now that PJ (Jason) is barely on the show anymore they are turning BOB into the idiot character instead. It doesn't work. 2) Teddy has always been smarter than Spencer. If HE has enough credits to graduate HS a semester early then SHE obviously does too. The smart thing would have been when they found out he was leaving early for HER to apply for early admission to Boston College or Cambridge or even Harvard (Boston is full of colleges). Then she could have left with him. She's going to have to leave soon anyway. Bridget & Jason are too old for DC, do they want to desparately hang on like the Sprose twins did? The smart thing would be to write them out of the show ( PJ is away at Culinary School & Teddy is in Boston at college with Spencer) and just bring them back for a visit at the holidays. The show could return to the original older brother-middle sister-younger brother format it had the first season. Except instead of PJ-Teddy_Gabe it willl be Gabe-Charlie-Toby. They really should change the name . It's never been about Charlie anyway >> it was always about Teddy. Now it's becoming more & more about Gabe.

I agree/disagree with you. I like the concept of Teddy and PJ both leaving (adds a touch of dramatic-ness), but that extra bit of storyline would be too much to fit into 1 hour. Also, if we were to had a Gabe-Charlie-Toby theme.. I don't think anyone could really come up with good plots for that.. besides playdates..

I do miss the old-school comedy in the first season. It was much more relatable and had a good touch of family sitcoms. Now at the end of Season 3, the show is still good, but has lost its realistic-ness.

Well just because "Charlie" is in "Good Luck Charlie" doesn't mean the whole show has to center on her. It's just the last line of Teddy's video diary segments, which obviously we all know is advice for Charlie.

A better title would be "Good Luck Duncans."

- - - - - - - - -

Good finale, this show always knows how to pull off "emotional" scenes like Teddy/Spencer's goodbye scene. I felt everything flowed perfectly until they kind of rushed the ending.

Helostwin

[4]Jan 27, 2013
    • level: 17
    I like your idea of "good Luck Duncans."

Just_Jos

[6]Feb 1, 2013
    • level: 11

Really enjoyed the season finale, had a lot good laughs.

mysticbeam

[7]Mar 13, 2013
    • level: 11

Helostwin wrote:
    I really don't like the way they are bringing this series to an end. It could be done better: 1) Now that PJ (Jason) is barely on the show anymore they are turning BOB into the idiot character instead. It doesn't work. 2) Teddy has always been smarter than Spencer. If HE has enough credits to graduate HS a semester early then SHE obviously does too. The smart thing would have been when they found out he was leaving early for HER to apply for early admission to Boston College or Cambridge or even Harvard (Boston is full of colleges). Then she could have left with him. She's going to have to leave soon anyway. Bridget & Jason are too old for DC, do they want to desparately hang on like the Sprose twins did? The smart thing would be to write them out of the show ( PJ is away at Culinary School & Teddy is in Boston at college with Spencer) and just bring them back for a visit at the holidays. The show could return to the original older brother-middle sister-younger brother format it had the first season. Except instead of PJ-Teddy_Gabe it willl be Gabe-Charlie-Toby. They really should change the name . It's never been about Charlie anyway >> it was always about Teddy. Now it's becoming more & more about Gabe.

When has the show ever really been about charlie anyway? sure in the first season she was included a bit more but she never really had that much focus on her aside from the birthday episodes.

I agree in a way that bridget and jason are getting a bit old for disney but at the same time the show needs them. A gabe/charlie.toby scenario would be very hard to do. What kind of storylines could they even have? . The gabe/pj/teddie dinamic worked because all 3 of the actors were olf enough to interact and thats not the case with gabe/charlie/toby. I like what they have now..but i also feel like pj's character is getting wasted because he feels like an after thought

what i want to know is what happened to pj's friend?

did the sprouse twins really desperately hang on? they were both actually younger than jason and bridget are now when they left and they got alot of money out of those shows

my thoughts on the finale:

1. It looks like they are actually giving pj a direction to go in, which i like. However i feel like for it to really work his love of gfood should have been explored more not just mentioned in a hand full of episodes. If this means pj will be around more than for just 5 minute meaningless clips then great. I also LOVED seeing the little moment between pj and teddie when he cheered her up about spencer leaving.Why is the character who played spencer leave? I feel like its a bit rediculous to have gone through that whole storyline of having the 2 reunite only to have them break up the next season again

2. Amy's storyline was so stupid , i didnt really like it at all

3. I wonder what teddy is going to do now with spencer gone . I'd like to see more of her interacting with her friends. the 4 of them are interesting together, i enjoyed those 2 scenes.

4. in general this was a good episode. There were some weaknesses of course such as amy's weak storyline and the sudden addition of an attic to the house that we are somehow just now seeing. Also wondered where mrs. dabney was?