Good Luck Charlie Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2014)

Is "Good Luck Charlie" in Danger?

SabrinaColema

[1]Jun 21, 2011
    • level: 9

IMHO, "Good Luck Charlie" is one of the best Disney Channel Original Series (Maybe it is the best Disney Channel Original Series). It was July 2010 when the series was renewed for a second season after about 11-12 episodes were aired (Plus a DCOM). 15 episodes of the second season has aired and so far no talk about a third season. Could the second season be the show's last? Will the movie close all storylines for the series? The show gets 3-4 million viewers for each episode (two episodes got around 2 million only!). "Shake It Up", another Disney Channel Original Series, gets about 4 million viewers for each episode.

Also, Disney Channel's been airing new episodes very quickly (I think this was due to some plan to boost their ranking in shows or something?) of many series. Disney Channel seems to be airing all Season 2 episodes quickly and then the Movie will come out later this year. If they pick up a third season, they would air episodes a little slower to save time for production.

This is just my opinion. I mentioned, GLC is one of the best Disney Channel Original Series in a long time. I would hate to see it end after 2 seasons, because it deserves at least one more season.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Helostwin

[2]Jun 21, 2011
    • level: 18
    I agree & I worry too. So many good shows ( I'm in the Band, Zeke & Luther) have been not renewed. Most of the new shows are garbage, except Kickin It. GLC is one of the few good things still on DC.

Just_Jos

[3]Jun 23, 2011
    • level: 11

The show is going to be fine. And the movie is not going to close the show, its just a Christmas movie airing in between.

Helostwin

[4]Jun 23, 2011
    • level: 18
    Thanks.I hope GLC will be around for a long time. I am rapidly loosing faith in DC and DXD programming decisions.