Good Luck Charlie

Gabe's 12-1/2 Birthday

Aired Sunday 7:30 PM May 08, 2011 on Disney Channel

• Gabe must be good for a whole week if he wants his 12-1/2 birthday party.

I thought that this was superb episode of "Good Luck Charlie". Gabe tells Amy and Bob that he wants a birthday party because his 12th birthday party had to be delayed and Gabe really wants a birthday party but Amy told Gabe that he has to be good for a whole week which was to be good to Teddy and PJ, he can't make fun of Amy's cooking, and he can't make jokes about Bob's weight. I thought Gabe trying to not to make any jokes for a whole week was funny. It was hilarious when Bob tried to button his pants and then it popped and then he split his pants after bending down.. Amy said "Yep, you've split your two underwears" or something close to that. It was hilarious when Bob and PJ were samba dancing and then PJ says "Look at Betty White moving". Bob getting the cake to eat and then PJ makes notes everywhere because he is training Bob to lose weight was very funny. Also when Gabe's 12-1/2 birthday was canceled because they're snowed in and then Gabe becomes upset until the Duncan brought the birthday party to him. It thought the sumo wrestler scene was hilarious especially when Bob fell on Gabe and he was squishing him. Gabe shooting the family as targets was also very funny. My only complaint about this episode was that Ivy's parents were annoying the heck out of me and were torturing poor Teddy. Bob and PJ also samba dancing close to the end was very funny especially when Bob fell to the ground. The very ending was also funny when just the head of PJ was on the plate and Bob was wondering where the rest of his body is at. Overall, a superb episode of "Good Luck Charlie". 9.5/10

This season has been stellar but this episode was not very great all things considered. The try for emotion utterly failed her since Gabe just came off as rude, spoiled, and unappreciative of his parents.

The dieting thing was a bit ridiculous but there were a few gags I managed to laugh at. The relationship put on the forefront didn't make any sense. Why is Teddy with that insufferable character? At this point, she's better off with Spencer. Wait, no, I take that back. Spencer was just as awful.

At least I understood why Teddy wanted Spencer, but I can't find any reasoning in this couple. The Ivy character still annoys me, and Teddy's walk in the snow storm? Where's the realism? Overall, Good Luck Charlie did deliver a solid episode, but I can't certainly call this a "good" episode either.