Good Luck Charlie

Disney Channel (ended 2014)

TrickMeNot

Good Luck Charlie Fan Reviews page 2 of 5

• Straight-Up Entertainment

Wow. I have to give mad props to Phil Baker and Drew Vaupen for taking a format that seems to have been forgotten-the family sitcom-and bringing it back on Disney Channel. This is by far the best show on that channel (I rated Austin & Ally a 10 only because the storylines there entertain me more than Good Luck Charlie, but it's not the better show). Gabe is easily the best character (too damn funny) and then you have Amy with her semi-arrogant personality. All in all, Good Luck Charlie never fails to disappoint me. It's witty, it's humorous, and it can be dramatic when it wants to. And now, in a future B-plot, it's going to have lesbian parents. Even though that's not going to be the main thing of the episode, it's groundbreaking for a children's show to do that, and actually reminds me of something they would do in 1993. Like the title says, Good Luck Charlie is straight-up entertainment.
  • Cringe-worthy

3.5
    Like much of the crap Disney's been coming out with, this show takes a barely original idea and refuses to take it anywhere interesting. It features a stereotypical Disney sitcom family and puts them in stereotypical Disney sitcom family problems. Charlie, the baby, is easily the most intelligent person in the entire show, and the rest of the cast, especially the mom, will make you grind your teeth in irritation every time they open their mouths. Good Luck Charlie is a show that will either bore you or make you cringe.
  • great show!

i really personally hate disney channel because of their sh*tty commercials, but good luck charlie more than makes up for it! it is a funny sitcom about a large family living in Denver and always being just plain funny! this show deserves more than a 10.
  • Best show EVER!!!

Best show on Disney hope they continue with a fourth season. A well-casted, heartwarming TV show about your ordinary family living in Denver, Colorado. Love every episode. This generation's Full House :D
  • Good Luck Charlie

Good Luck Charlie is probably the only show with top ratings and the reason why most people tune in to Disney Channel. Let's face it, 95% of those shows suck except this one. It's sad that Good Luck Charlie is on its last season.
  • I hate Disney Channel. This show isn't horrible. I don't mind it.

So it's pretty much about a family that surrounds around a baby named Charlie. The family is very realistic, it's not that fake cliche' family that's perfect, it's almost a funny dysfunctional suburban family. The character's personalities are pretty good, although I don't watch it much, it's not too bad. 7.0
  • Disney Channel 2013

Good Luck Charlie is the BEST show on Disney Channel at the moment. It is SOO BEYOND AMAZING!!! The characters are so hilarious and have so much personality. The storylines are so well-written and extremely captivating. It's pretty sad that Season 4 will be its final season. Disney should renew it for a short 10-episode Season 5... :D
  • Great show

Most shows on Disney you think to your self yeah that would never happen in real life, but not Good Luck Charlie. This is a great show and I really really hope season 4 is not the last. Best Disney channel show I think that has ever been on this channel. LOVE IT.
  • Good Job Disney!

You made a good show for once. It's not like the other crap on right now like Jessie, Shake It Up, ANT Farm, Austin & Ally, or even Dog With a Bog. That is actually a good show for once. Please Disney, make more shows like these! With this show, Phineas and Ferb, and Gravity Falls in the bag, I hope Disney makes more good shows that aren't crap! With season 4 coming up, I heart it might not be the last, I hope not! They should just cancel Shake It Up instead.
  • Good Luck Charlie and Disney today overall

Good Luck Charlie is far the best show and the only good show on Disney Channel today. It had it's funny moments, the characters, the plot, and the show in general is really good. It ranks number 1 Disney show of today.

Disney Show Ranking: Luck Charlie- The quality of the show it's up to par with old Disney shows & Ally- This show is decent but it's character has flaws like Austin's cockiness, Ally's shyness and weirdness, Dez DON'T GET ME STARTED WITH HIS IGNORANCE, CAUSES MOST OF THE CONFLICTS IN THE PLOT OF THE EPISODES, AND HE''S GINGER, the best character is Trish because she dosen't put up with Dez's crap Debby Ryan plays a role of being a mentor to the kids and decent plots, and Peyton List who is gorgeous because she's the same age as me It Up- It's more proper for teens but many teens including me don't like the show I don't like Cece is somewhat pretty but I don't like her in general and Rocky is bland character and the male characters are decent

5. Dog With A blog- I guess Disney run out of ideas so they come up with this show out of random things and I really hate the little girl she is so annoying and she's a ginger but it;s sorta watchable

6. ANT Farm- The worst show on Disney Channel by a large margin because of it's ridiculous plots annoying, boring, stupid, and stereotypical Characters

This generation of Disney almost entirely sucks, if there was no Good Luck Charlie Disney will go down the drain. The writers of these shows should take notes from the Old Disney Shows it teach good morals, no major characters flaws, no idiotic plots, it was most of the time funny, and it was memorable for many people like me who grew up in the 2000's.

• Good Luck Charlie: LOVED

I love Good Luck Charlie since the 1st episode. I'm glad there is a Season 4 on the way I hope it gets another season after that and another after that. This show and Jessie are the two shows that I like now on Disney as well as the 2nd season of Austin & Ally.
  • Season 4, here we come!!!

YES! Good Luck Charlie returns April 28th!!! I cannot wait! GLC is the BEST show on Disney Channel!!! LOVE everything about it.
  • Another run of the mill show from Disney

You know this show is terrible when it's named after a horrible Dane Cook movie.
  • Good Luck Charlie

I love this show. Disney's BEST show right now. The story is fresh, acting is amazing, and characters are funny lovable.
  • BEST SHOW ON DISNEY!!!

Thank you for creating such a delightful and entertaining show, Disney. I love the fact that it's based around a wacky family in Denver, Colorado, something that anyone can relate to. The acting is top-notch, Bridgit Mendler and Leigh-Allyn Baker are such AMAZING actresses! The plot-lines are extremely entertaining and satisfying. Overall, Good Luck Charlie is a winner. I cannot wait for season 4 to premiere.
  • Alright, one thing:

4.5
    That, erm, scene from whichever episode where the mom Amy throws a glass of water on the ground and pretends she is in labor? Not entirely sure thats funny. Especially not for kids.
  • I'd say it's easily the 2nd or 3rd best sitcom on DC

It's actually really increased since the first season. I like this show because it's actually funny and most of the characters are likeable (besides that tool Spencer and that moron Gabe). Sometimes the mom gets on my nerves with all her I-can-act-good crap. I also hate it when they say or do stupid fart jokes like butt-chip corn-butt really? In real life, that's not what teenage guys use the word butt for, let alone actually using the world butt. Besides that it's a great show.

UPDATE: I lowered my score. I just lost interest in the show. It's still an okay show. I hate the baby episode though just because they're trying to hard to make it seem crazy and stuff. They already did that with Charlie's birth. But I do love the baby's name. I think it really fits the family.
  • Reminds me of the shows I loved 10 years ago.

I have to say, I am not a fan of the Disney Channel, nor was I ever, but after seeing how good everyone thought this show was, I decided to search for episodes on Youtube. I am very thankful that I tuned in to this show. Most of the time it's very funny, all of the main characters are likeable, although Teddy is a little annoying sometimes. I especially love Charlie and always thought she was so adorable.The storylines are also usually very compelling and interesting. I have seen almost every episode and have really enjoyed most of them. The only ones that don't appeal to me are the ones with the Teddy/Spencer storylines. For the most part, though, this is an excellent show that reminds me of the old days of TV, and I am really glad I tuned in to it. Marebear2009, out!

~dedicated to tigerdude22~

• Whoever greenlighted this show deserves a medal.

Let's face it: Disney Channel sucks. It's filled with corny sitcoms with dumb premises, bad crossovers, and pop singers. But in April 2010, a beacon of hope shined its light upon them, offering redemption from their crappiness. That beacon of hope was called "Good Luck Charlie."

Good Luck Charlie centers around Teddy, PJ, and Gabe Duncan all trying to care for the newest child (Charlie) while dealing with everyday life. The "wacky family" plot isn't very original, but it's way better premise than a family of wizards or a pop-star double life.

The characters of this show are all pretty likeable and have their funny moments, even though they can be annoying sometimes. Despite the title, the series' main character is Teddy Duncan, the teenage daughter of the family. She makes video dairies to prepare Charlie for her teenage years (that's where the show's title comes from, she signs off every video with the phrase "Good luck, Charlie"). She's a little cliched, but likeable nonetheless. Other characters: PJ Duncan, the oldest child, a little dumb and conceited; Gabe, the troublemaker; Amy, the mom, caring yet egocentric; and Bob, the dad, pretty much your usual TV dad (except much smarter). There's also Ivy Wentz, Teddy's best friend, also a little conceited, but nice.

As for the humor, it's a little hit-and-miss. However, MOST of it is hit. While most of the jokes are clever and humorous, some of them are a little corny and overused. When you watch the show you might notice that it uses crude humor once in a while (it has a baby in it, so I expected that). Normally, that's a bad thing. But in GLC, it works. For crude humor, whether it's good or not is all about execution, and this show executes it well mostly.

Despite it's shortcomings, Good Luck Charlie is a great family sitcom and worth watching. It's not enough to make me LIKE Disney Channel, but it shows that the network has a little bit of hope left.
  • Lame Show

I don't care what others thinks, but this show is stupid. It's one of those stupid family comedies. It's not funny, so boring, and just lame. I have nothing else to say about this show because it's so boring. Oh, I almost forgot, I hate this show because it got rid of all the old shows on Disney Channel. I'm with you cartoongirl66. Good Luck Charlie sucks, jeez. Deal with it. It's called freedom of speech.
  • best show on disney.

this show is the best show on disney. all the characters are really good actors. specially gabe.

one thing i dont like is how they make bridgit mendler sing i mean she good but not that not her fault thogh disney is making all of their actors sing. all the shows' theme songs are the main characters singing. just like selena gomez she's a really good actress but she cannot sing at all.
  • Amazingly done right!

I thank Disney for bringing back an old childhood memory of family shows like lizzie McGuire ;) thanks Disney I agree with those that like the show :)
  • Best disney show

i really love this for me it the best show ever
  • Amazing.

This show, right here, AWESOME. You can relate to it and it is really funny. Better than crap shows that spam laugh tracks every ten seconds. They use it a lot but less than OTHER CERTAIN SHOWS. PEACE OUT!
  • AMAZING SHOW!!!

Good Luck Charlie is the BEST show on Disney Channel right now... I cannot wait for season 4... The season 3 finale was just PERFECT!!! <3
  • the second best show ever

this show always reminds me from the old days because the humor is awsome and comedic and also its interesting and entertaining this show is good for disney channel.
  • Good Luck Charlie!

I say that it's my favorite on DC. It's a great show for the family to watch, and has great laughs here and then. If you want to watch it with your little sister or brother or child, then it's okay except there are some innaproppriate words and flirting with the teens, other than that I say your child would enjoy it. Oh, and Mia who plays Charlie on there is so adorable
  • FINALLY... Something that is not horrible.....

Is Disney Channel finally paying attention? After Disney learned from epic fails such as Wizards Of Waverly Place, Shake It Up and previous ones, they make a good family sitcom. The characters are not annoying, the plot is not last minute crap, and DECENT jokes. This should be a good example of an innocent show.

Characters:

Teddy is the main character. Unlike most girl main characters, Teddy is actually funny at times, and can act like a normal teen. She always makes video diarys for her baby sister, Charlie, at the end of every episode. She also doesn't suffer from a sterotype, and Bridigit Mendler is a good actor.

. is the oldest son. Although he acts as the idiot of the show, he makes it work, and is actually not annoying, unlike other dumb characters, like Max Russo, London Tipton (biggest idiot ever), Gibson, and TONS more. . also acts like a child most of the time, but who cares, IT WORKS!

Gabe is the middle child. He used to hate Charlie, and is always mischevious, espacially with the Duncan's neighbour, Mrs. Dabney. Like everyone else, I have no problems with Gabe, and I think he's best character in the show.

Charlie is the newborn child and is probably the only show with a real baby. Charlie takes the position of Gabe when Toby is born, but Charlie is still good.

Amy is the mother. Everyone in the family is scared of her. She's also a nurse at the same hospital where all her kids were born. She's funny and better than most sitcom moms and cares for kids, although she is obessed with acting and being a star.

Bob is the father of all the children. He acts like a normal father, and funny. He works as an exterminator and prefers to not have kids. He, too is scared of his wife.

The other ones, like Ivy, Emmett, Spencer and are amazing too.

Jokes:

The jokes are funny, even though they are the same reused ones over and over. But when a show has good acting, you end up overlooking that.

Plot/Realism

The show is very realistic and makes sense. Basically since the mom and dad both have jobs, the kids need to help raise the baby. The plot is the best in any Disney sitcom

Acting

The acting is the BEST. Nothing much to add. The acting is amazing and excellent.

Overall

This is the best Disney sitcom. WOW. Never though I'd say that. This show should be used as an example of how future shows should be like. Unlike shit family sitcoms like WOWP, Cory in the House and others, and shit sitcoms in generel, like Shake It Up, Jessie and TONS more, this should be seen. Seriously, watch this. Also, this is my first Disney review that didn't get a 1, and the highest score so far.
  • Amazing!!

I love this show. It's so awesome. ..
  • the best there is

I think this show is really good, it has very good morals and values and all the actors and actresses are amazing especially bridgit mendler and leigh allyn baker and mia talerico she's a cutie I'm very entertained when this show comes on
1 2 3 4 5