Good Luck Charlie

Disney Channel (ended 2014)

TrickMeNot

Good Luck Charlie Fan Reviews page 3 of 6

• Good Luck Charlie!

I say that it's my favorite on DC. It's a great show for the family to watch, and has great laughs here and then. If you want to watch it with your little sister or brother or child, then it's okay except there are some innaproppriate words and flirting with the teens, other than that I say your child would enjoy it. Oh, and Mia who plays Charlie on there is so adorable
  • FINALLY... Something that is not horrible.....

Is Disney Channel finally paying attention? After Disney learned from epic fails such as Wizards Of Waverly Place, Shake It Up and previous ones, they make a good family sitcom. The characters are not annoying, the plot is not last minute crap, and DECENT jokes. This should be a good example of an innocent show.

Characters:

Teddy is the main character. Unlike most girl main characters, Teddy is actually funny at times, and can act like a normal teen. She always makes video diarys for her baby sister, Charlie, at the end of every episode. She also doesn't suffer from a sterotype, and Bridigit Mendler is a good actor.

. is the oldest son. Although he acts as the idiot of the show, he makes it work, and is actually not annoying, unlike other dumb characters, like Max Russo, London Tipton (biggest idiot ever), Gibson, and TONS more. . also acts like a child most of the time, but who cares, IT WORKS!

Gabe is the middle child. He used to hate Charlie, and is always mischevious, espacially with the Duncan's neighbour, Mrs. Dabney. Like everyone else, I have no problems with Gabe, and I think he's best character in the show.

Charlie is the newborn child and is probably the only show with a real baby. Charlie takes the position of Gabe when Toby is born, but Charlie is still good.

Amy is the mother. Everyone in the family is scared of her. She's also a nurse at the same hospital where all her kids were born. She's funny and better than most sitcom moms and cares for kids, although she is obessed with acting and being a star.

Bob is the father of all the children. He acts like a normal father, and funny. He works as an exterminator and prefers to not have kids. He, too is scared of his wife.

The other ones, like Ivy, Emmett, Spencer and are amazing too.

Jokes:

The jokes are funny, even though they are the same reused ones over and over. But when a show has good acting, you end up overlooking that.

Plot/Realism

The show is very realistic and makes sense. Basically since the mom and dad both have jobs, the kids need to help raise the baby. The plot is the best in any Disney sitcom

Acting

The acting is the BEST. Nothing much to add. The acting is amazing and excellent.

Overall

This is the best Disney sitcom. WOW. Never though I'd say that. This show should be used as an example of how future shows should be like. Unlike shit family sitcoms like WOWP, Cory in the House and others, and shit sitcoms in generel, like Shake It Up, Jessie and TONS more, this should be seen. Seriously, watch this. Also, this is my first Disney review that didn't get a 1, and the highest score so far.
  • Amazing!!

I love this show. It's so awesome. ..
  • the best there is

I think this show is really good, it has very good morals and values and all the actors and actresses are amazing especially bridgit mendler and leigh allyn baker and mia talerico she's a cutie I'm very entertained when this show comes on
  • BEST SHOW ON DISNEY RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the other shows but Good Luck Charlie is the BEST!!! Wizards of Waverly Place was the best then Good Luck Charlie came around and i couldn't choose but know Wizards has ended :-( & Good Luck Charlie is now the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Better than most of the crap Disney puts out

That's not really saying much. This show is a family show that revolves around the life of Teddy and her family. At the end each episode, Teddy records her lessons she learned (for Charlie, the baby). Not a bad show and Bridget Mendler has potential. Probably one of, if not, the best show on Disney (which isn't saying much). Pretty mediocre, but can get a few laughs out of you.
  • AT LAST

I can say without a doubt that this is one of the best shows on Disney Channel.

I know, surprise, surprise! Bet you were thinking there weren't any.

I'm not going to go into details (too tired), but if you really want to watch a funny show without:

Crap actors

Crap jokes

Weird plots

Too many idiots

What the hell is this absolute shit? moments

This is the one for you.

It get's a 9 from me.

• Good Luck charlie

I absolutely LOVE Good Luck Charlie!!! Best sitcom on Disney Channel... I love the new baby and I hope season 4 is just as Luck Charlie is a family comedy that sort of reminds me of "Full House" in a way... It's heartfelt, sweet, and teaches good family comedy that works. It's funny, the characters are lovable, and the plot-lines are fresh and different. I can't wait for season Luck Charlie is AMAZING!!! I love everything about the Luck Charlie is the only reason why I watch Disney Channel. This is actually fun, witty, and the characters are likeable. For example, Ivy, Teddy's best friend, she is always hilarious and the show is just family fun. Good Luck Charlie is realistic,

Characters:

The other ones, like Ivy, Emmett, Spencer and are amazing too.

• Bad Luck Charlie and Disney Channel

I hate this show too. Disney Channel sucks.
  • THIS SHOW SUCKS

I hate this show. It's about a girl who video tapes herself so her baby sister could see them when she's older. What the heck? It's lame. Why do people like this show anyways. There's inappropriate jokes too. The parents are dumb, the kids are just stupid, and the plots are stupid. Also Charlie and Teddy are boy names. The mom just want to have a lot of babies. I hate this show. IT'S THEIR FAULT THAT ALL THE OLD DISNEY SHOWS ARE GONE. I DON'T CARE THERE'S A LOT OF THUMB DOWNS. I'M STANDING UP FOR MYSELF.
  • Season 3 is ending; Season 4 is going to be GREAT!!!

Love this show. Period.
  • BEST SHOW EVAHH!!!

I absolutely LOVE Good Luck Charlie!!! Best sitcom on Disney Channel... I love the new baby and I hope season 4 is just as great.
  • Good Luck Charlie is a WINNER!!!

Good Luck Charlie is a family comedy that sort of reminds me of "Full House" in a way... It's heartfelt, sweet, and teaches good lessons. It's going to be sad to see it end.
  • Best show on Disney Channel

A family comedy that works. It's funny, the characters are lovable, and the plot-lines are fresh and different. I can't wait for season 4.
  • A clever title goes here!

i think that this show is one of the best on disney, but ever since toby its been going downhill.
  • Stupid laugh track shows.

5.5
    This show would be so much better, infact great if they didn't have that annoying laugh every five seconds.
  • Hmm... it's a Disney Channel show that's not about wizards, celeberties, or dancing... It's worth a shot. Good Luck Charlie is worth a shot.

Now we all know the tragic story of Disney Channel. Hannah Montana came, than Wizards of Waverly Place, and then came Shake it Up. We all lost complete hope, but then Good Luck Charlie came. Family comedy is finally back. I have a few compliments and problems for this show, but overall it's fantastic.

Compliment #1 Cast- The cast in this show is soo likeable. Compared to other Disney Channel shows, this show has a little personality from everyone. There's some stuff from a dad's point of veiw, and from a mom's point of veiw. Teddy (played by Brigdet Mendler), is extremely likeable and a good actor, making the show bearable to watch. PJ is pretty good, and Gabe is exceptinol. The adults in this show are also very good at their parts.

Compliment #2 Humor- This show brings a wonderful mix of sarcasm, stupidness, and slitgh adult humor. Some people are saying that this show is on the border of being to inappropriate for kids, but the jokes are safe. If a kid dosen't understand them, (but most will), than they're not harmed, they just don't get it. There is also lots of sarcasm and funny little humor. Also good about this show is the laugh track. Like in old shows, the laught track sounds like a studio audience becuase funnier moments get bigger laughs, instead of one identical laugh playing every single time.

Compliment #3 Plot- The main plot of this show is very realtible and funny. It reminds me of Full House or Family Matters. Unlike Hannah Montana, which just is tacky and unrealtible, Good Luck Charlie can bring back family memories for you, or just make you laugh. There's no vampires or popstars, just funny family situations.

Unfortunatley, there's a few problems in the show.

Problem #1 Charlie- I think Charlie is very cute, and is a great addition to the show, but when she "talks"it is very annoying. This is because it just plays a recording of Charlie saying something. Her mouth dosen't actually move... It's strange. o.o

Problem #2 Plots- The main plot of this show may be good, but a few of the episodes fall flat. One of these episodes is the first one. It's just sort of boring to watch Teddy's bf come over and they study. There are some unique twists in the plot, but it stills falls flat. Although, other plots like when Teddy and Ivy ditch school and go to Super Adventure Land, are extremely creative and funny. So don't get me wrong, this is just a minor issue.

Ok, so overall, this show is very very good, for Disney Channel. Say that you only have Disney Channel on your cable, (which makes no sense at all,) Good Luck Charlie is a good #1 choice to watch. Hope this reveiw helped! :P

• Good Luck trying to make it through a episode

4.5

I don`t get why people like this and I know I`m going to get thumbs down for this review. But the show isn`t funny and never was. Also the characters are just hollow shells of characters we`ve seen done better. ALL the minor characters are useless. If not useless then they are annoying. The show is filled with so much drama. I swear there`s a whole episode where the main girl Teddy has to work with her annoying best friend, to break up with a guy. In the end of that episode she doesn`t ever break up with him. Her best friend is the most annoying character in the show. Bad enough that the characters are annoying the writers working on the script didn`t even try, people to do talk like this. The worst part is the Mom who is self obsessed. We`ve seen this before then it goes to have whenever she walks in a room she has to look in a mirror. I`ve seen this where it gives it to us is parts and it is funny. But the idiots working on this hit you over the head with this. I have seen worse (So Random) so I want to be fair and say I liked Charlie and her subplots and the show is winning me back with season 2. But for season 1 it`s a display of poor effort. I don`t care if you give me thumbs down this show is bad, and nothing will change that.

• Best Show On Disney Channel

Good Luck Charlie is AMAZING!!! I love everything about the show. The review under mine is utter shit, just another hater. F*** you, Questionmarc99 :D
  • Good show

I once thought this as the next Full House. It isnt quite there, but thats only because this is disney channel. Still isn't that bad.
  • Great show!

I think Good luck Charlie is a great show, one of the best on Disney channel since Thats So Raven/Lizzie mcguire because alot of the other shows on Disney after that like Shake it up/Austin and Ally/Jessie aren't very good. But i simply love GLC(good luck charlie), im obsessed! lol =) But sometimes i think the episodes could be based around Charlie a little bit more because after all her name is in the title. =)

Thanks for reading my review!! GLC rocks!!
  • BEST Show Ever!

Good Luck Charlie is the only reason why I watch Disney Channel. This is actually fun, witty, and the characters are likeable. For example, Ivy, Teddy's best friend, she is always hilarious and the show is just family fun. Good Luck Charlie is realistic, unlike Shake It Up and Austin & Ally. Amy is HILARIOUS!!! A must-watch. I never miss an episode.
  • A show with great effort

Very good show and makes disney channel more popular. Toby isnt seen much but this show is great disagree with me all you want
  • OMG!!! For the first time... a show actually not about bieng famous

This is the most entertaining show in Disney and the jokes are actually funny! The plot is very realistic, the characters are reasonable, and everything is very humorous. I don't like disney shows as much as I used to but this is incredible! But the reason why this has 7 rating is the fact of the young brother, Gabe who is not a very good character or actor
  • A Disney Channel Sitcom that's NOT about being famous?!

Jokes that are actually funny from time to time?

PLOTS THAT ARE ORIGINAL?!

Wow. This is really impressive, especially for a DCS.

PLOT: A teenaged girl makes videos for her baby sister, usually at the end of every episode, reflecting on what happened earlier. It's actually pretty smart.

CHARACTERS: I love the mom, Amy. She's probably my favorite character, and Gabe is up there too. PJ isn't anything I haven't seen before, Teddy is okay, but she falls kind of flat as a character, and Bob, well... I don't have a problem with him.

Moving on..

HUMOR: Hit or miss.

ROMANCE: Annoying and typical, but... whatever. It's a sitcom, so I guess I'll let is slide.

Good Luck Charlie is pretty good for my tastes. It's up there with the better shows of Disney channel, like "Gravity Falls" and "Phineas and Ferb".
  • Got to admit:

This show is one of my FAVORITE shows being Victorious #1 and Good Luck Charlie #2... Very clean jokes and great character personalities. Sweet plot and very good morals. Only one bad thing... I DISLIKE her relationship with Spencer. They should not have gotten back together after what happened but besides that, GREAT.
  • Thank You Bridgit Mendler and cast!

I just want to thank Bridgit Mendler and the cast for bringing the interest in Good Luck Charlie to me!!!!!!
  • Awesome Show!

Its really good and super funny. I actually laugh at this show! One of the best shows running and I hope disney makes more good shows like this one! I love how crazy the mom is! Shes crazy but not too crazy. And gabe is bad but he does know right from wrong. Like the time he diddnt steal the doll. And Pj is stupid but its funny. And i love how cute charlie is and the new baby. I love teddy and the dad too!
  • MEH!

I perfer the old shows, this one is ok, it atleast has a lot of conflicts, and tips on how to deal with life, but some parts are weird, WHY DO ALL YOUR NEW SHOWS HAVE COMPLETE IDIOTS?! it would be good if PJ showed development and change! :)
  • Best Show On Disney!

I really like this show, because the humor is actually funny and the show has more relatable characters than others. I kind of think that Toby was going a little too far, though. Charlie is turning into a little bit of a brat, too. Gabe and Amy (and sometimes Bob) are hilarious. Even my parents watch it, and that's saying something! One of the only good shows on Disney. I like Fish Hooks and Gravity Falls, too.
1 2 3 4 5 6