Good Luck Charlie

Disney Channel (ended 2014)

TrickMeNot

Good Luck Charlie Fan Reviews page 4 of 6

• MEH!

I perfer the old shows, this one is ok, it atleast has a lot of conflicts, and tips on how to deal with life, but some parts are weird, WHY DO ALL YOUR NEW SHOWS HAVE COMPLETE IDIOTS?! it would be good if PJ showed development and change! :)
  • Best Show On Disney!

I really like this show, because the humor is actually funny and the show has more relatable characters than others. I kind of think that Toby was going a little too far, though. Charlie is turning into a little bit of a brat, too. Gabe and Amy (and sometimes Bob) are hilarious. Even my parents watch it, and that's saying something! One of the only good shows on Disney. I like Fish Hooks and Gravity Falls, too.
  • UP AND DOWN

The show is really really up and down. WHY ISNT CHARLIE THE STAR!!!!! SHE IS SO FRICKIN CUTEE!!
  • The only good show left on Disney.

This show is really good. I can actually relate to it and it focuses on characters they haven't really used before (Pop star, Wizards, Actor, Regular family, WITH NO PSYCHICS, where there's only one parent, etc. etc.) and this one seemed to work really well. Anyone else notice how this show isn't on the New Disney pictures? That's cuz this show is as good as the Old Disney.

All you people are complaining about how the laugh track gets annoying, but most of the episodes are actually live, according to Bridgit Mendler. Occasionally, they won't be able to use live audiences if the episode is too big.

First of all, Teddy's awesome. She's basically a regular teenager that gets annoyed by her brothers and loves her sister the most. The unique part is that she makes video diaries. I haven't actually seen or heard of a show that has someone do video diaries. She's likeable and pretty which is one of the reasons this show is so good. Amy, is hilarious. Sure, she's self-centered and talks about herself a lot, but that's what maker her so funny. The fact that she'd do all kinds of crazy stuff to get attention makes me die laughing every time.

Gabe is totally someone I can relate to-a teenage boy. I love how he's basically the smartest in the family and outsmarts everybody. PJ is super dimwitted and every good show needs that kind of character (Cat Valentine, Max Russo, Chelsea Daniels, LONDON TIPTON). Bob is totally clueless and kinda like Jerry Russo in a way.

The new baby was a little unnecessary but I still think they're gonna make something good out of it. I'm a little sad cuz it's on the 3rd Season and Teddy's gonna go to college and eventually end the series (unless Gabe takes over with his "Good Fortune Toby") but when it does end, they shouldn't make the same mistakes with the other good shows by quit airing it. The other Disney shows need to either go to Disney XD or be more like this one.
  • Why you should watch Good Luck Charlie!

This show can be enjoyed by either ideal or dysfunctional families. Disney was inspired by family sitcoms like Full House and all others. Good Luck Charlie is the best Disney Channel besides Phineas and Ferb. I love Good Luck Charlie (Hannah montana was my favorite too bad it's cancelled.)
  • It's pretty good

I really like Good Luck Charlie. It's the best Disney Channel TV show after WOWP and Suite Life ended (boohoo). It's followed by Jessie, Shake It Up!, A.N.T. farm and Austin and Ally. It's very realistic and I like it a lot. A.N.T. farm and Shake It Up! aren't realistic at all. Well, a bit, yeah. It's really good IMO.
  • The Last good Disney Show?

I found that this show is an oasis amid a flailing sea of Disney sitcoms. I actually thoroughly enjoyed it. It has good plot lines and is actually relate-able even to me, a 15 year old. I would suggest this show for a range of ages- it's something to watch as a family as it is relate able on several levels.
  • This is my show

This my show Good luck charlie is like the only good show on Disney Channel plus Disney Xd is way better
  • GOOD SHOW!

I love this show! I'd say it's the best on Disney Channel now, but this show cheered me up from WOWP and the Suite Life ending...
  • Okay show:)

This is one of the best shows on DC right now. All the other shows either have really bad actors(Austin n Ally), have really bad jokes(Austin n Ally), really cheesy plots(Austin n Ally and Ant Farm), or all of the above (Austin n Ally). As you can see i despise Austin n Ally. You should read my review for it:) Anyways, I think this show has realistic plots and decent jokes. Obviously there have been much better shows like Thats So Raven and Lizzie Mcguire but to be honest, right now the bar is set pretty low cause all the other shows suck. Teddy is a very decent actress and her outfits are actually reasonable and what i mean by that is shes not dressed like shes a super model every episode like on Shake it up i mean what real teen dresses like that?? So i have a little bit of respect for this show. The only thing that is a little annoying is when Spencer came back on the show! Hes a total tool and it frustrates me that Teddy got back with him. Also, hes really ugly! Also, they just had ANOTHER baby and thats kindy iffy cuz its like, been there done that, soo its like were watching charlie being born all over again! Overall all though, decent show that i dont mind watching all though id rather watch Pretty Little Liars or something haha:)
  • Good for the Family

We love that Good Luck Charlie is a show that our whole family can enjoy. Except for occasional inappropriate words or comments (like calling someone stupid) for our five year olds. It is a great show that we regularly watch and enjoy all together!
  • Burn Notice

Good show
  • is good could be better..

this is how to make it Great! Teddy is a little bit of an over actor fix that. Gabe is WAY too much of a brat make him more kind but stil funny..Pj is too dumb.its better to make him book smart and common sense stupid..Momma LOVE her great actress but quit making her act like sh needs to be center of attention she does not need it to be funny and quite frankly its annoying..fix thos problems an the show would be a 9 and not a 7.5
  • Boy or girl

I think the fifth baby is a boy because in the episode "name that baby" at the end she said in the future when your here with your brother hotdog
  • Finally a Disney show that great!

I adore this show.The episodes are interesting and educational,The characters are funny and Charlie is so adorable.The only problem I have is how come this show focuses on Teddy like all she does is go or do random stuff with her friend ivy or whatever,Charlie should be more focused on.Beside that ths shows cool.
  • An actual Disney sitcom with no stupid drama, no bad premise, and no stupid or annoying characters? I must be dreaming.

It's about time Disney got a good live action show going. After stupid sitcoms like a wizard family, a pop star trying yo lead a normal life, living at the White House, a dancing show with bad dancing, and a show that is an All That wannabe, we are finally given a great sitcom. Good Luck Charlie centers around a family named the Duncans, and they have a new baby in the family. However the parents are busy constantly and the kids, Teddy, Gabe, and P.J. have to take care of the baby, Charlie. I like how the show's premise is actually really good, and it's a show that kids and adults can appeal to. The acting is really good. All of the members give plenty of effort, no one overacts or underacts, and they all give the right expressions and feelings at the right time. The characters themselves are really good, and have plenty of personality and depth to all of them. No one is just generic or anything like that, but there is actual story to them all. The stories are really good and even though some are rehashes there is new material added to the mix, and some of the stories are actually original and very creative. There is also plenty of humor in this show that while most of it seems to appeal to kids, it can also appeal to older audiences as well. Even the laugh track knows when there's a funny moment in this show. This is an actual good Disney sitcom, and there is real effort put into this show. No stupid drama, no bad plots, no unfunny moments, and no bad premise. It's a real good show, and by far the best non cartoon on Disney right now. I hope this show will continue to prosper, and not be canceled so soon. Maybe Disney can continue shows like this, because this is a show that rivals Even Stevens in terms of greatness, and if you haven't seen it yet check it out.
  • Great show

This show is a great show full of great plots and touching moments. My favorite character would have to be Gabe. He lives life to the fullest, and he enjoys amusement parks, and video games. My second favorite character is Teddy because of the abundant technology she uses. I also love her friend, Ivy, and their unique best friendship that makes them different from other best friends. I like P.J. because he is very adventurous. Charlie is so adorable, and it is so sweet to me that Teddy is making video diaries for her. The parents, Amy and Bob live very interesting lives and often are left having to deal with the kids. I think this show is great, and the plots are so interesting, I sometimes can't wait to see what happens next. I am looking forward to the new episodes that await me in the coming weeks.
  • Meh... another lousy family sitcom

This show did not move me in the least. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good either.

It was just dumb, boring and generic.

And the excessive laugh tracks...

Seriously, it gets monotonous and pathetic after awhile how many times they use it.

This is why we need to have live audiences brought back again. It would force these lazy and greedy writers to have to come up with good jokes instead of asinine one liners that a 5 year old would think of.
  • Make more eps. Disney

This is a very good show, I watch it almost everyday but there's kinda a problem, they haven't been making new episodes so....I want Disney to know that we want more episodes (except for the people who aren't fans of this show)

yes they r making new eps now :D
  • LOVE IT!

I wonder who the new baby will be acted out by? so excited!
  • Another Great Disney Show

Amazzing!
  • pretty good show

this is a pretty good show. i think its better than some of the garbage on disney. this is not one of my last resorts when im watching t.v. though if i see something better on i'll pick it.
  • this show sint that good but tis better than some shows.

5.5
    Now Disney channel was actually getting good untill shows like this and Shake it up came. But the good things about this show is Teddy, Gabe, Charlie and PJ, and the parents can get annoying sometimes. Now the good characters that are not main are Ivy and Mrs. Dabney, all the other characters are annoying. Now some people say this show is the best show on Disney channel but i dont think so, so far nothing beats the original Wizards of Waverly place. Now probably the worst things about the show is the video diary scenes, their not funny and stuff we've heard a thousand times. but this show was worst back then like Season 1 was terrible but it got better but its still medicore. Probably the funniest character is either PJ or Charlie. overall 5.5/10.
  • A good show but not the best disney channel show i've ever seen.

A good show but not the best Disney Channel show. I think this as an unique show. and Charlie is an unique name for a girl. I thought the first episode was pretty funny though. From them on this show has been Marvelous! Overall a good Disney Channel Show.

• This show is boring, predictable, "over acted" comedy. A truely good/funny show doesn't need the laugh track every 5 seconds to let you know its funny, thats what the actors are suppose be for. The cast is good looking, so that makes up for lack in substa

nce. But then again, how much substance can a show that is centered after a newborn baby and the changes her arrival has inflicted onto her family members; hence the title "Good Luck Charlie"; have anyway, especially when the actual character Charlie is a baby/toddler actor who truely can't act nor deliver lines? Sometimes the show gets extremely corny, or makes edgy jokes that good be scene as borderline offensive to some. This show does not hold a candle to the quality shows back in the day had like"Full House".

• Disney isn't even trying anymore

As with most young-people programming today, this show is nothing to capture interest. It's just another repetitive, generic, unfunny and utterly bland TV show.

Maybe I'm just biased because Disney set the bar so high in the 90s with amazing shows like So Weird and The Famous Jett Jackson and such. Now, I guess writers realize kids will watch anything with a laugh track and deem it Shakespear, so they really don't try anymore.

This show is so uninteresting. The characters are so generic and void of personality. It's just another iCarly or Hannah Montana. You have the female lead, which is always free of any character or originality. I didn't take time to remember her name, seeing as she's the same character as Carly, Miley, Alex Russo, True Jackson, Sonny and more. They all have different jobs and such, but the way they act is completely the same. The youngest boy is the same as Corey Baxter and Max Russo, as in the young boy that has no purpose other than to annoy the female lead. Pretty much all the characters can be matched to past characters from Disney/Nickelodeon history.

As for the stories, they're the same thing we've seen before on countless other shows, except with mediocre ways of throwing in the baby. The comedy is dry, predictable and really not funny at all. It's just the same jokes we've seen before just slightly varied, and they don't really serve any purpose. The show is so generic and bland it could easily be mistaken for any other modern-day disney show, like Shake it Up or something. But the modern generation of TV viewers are so stupid they find this generic and bland piece of suck entertaining. In short, this show is just what happens when you have an audience that will watch anything, and you have no creativity or original thoughts at all, and you don't even bother to try. Disney used to be so fun and a good way for young people to get entertained. Now it's like they're not even trying anymore, and they just keep throwing out the same show over and over again, just twisting the names and gimmicks around a little. Wizards, living in the white house, being a superstar in secret, now looking after a baby. These are just slight tweaks on what is really the same show repeated over and over again, with the same bland, generic characters, same bland, generic jokes, same bland, generic episodes, and I swear their using the same laugh track. I mean, it doesn't even sound like laughing anymore it just sounds like there's a dentist running around, telling everyone to say "Ah" and they all do it at once. Disney and Nick aren't even trying to make quality material anymore.

Script-0
    Story-0
    Characters-0
    Originality-0
    EVERYTHING- 0
    Good Luck Charlie is an unmemorable pile of whackness that all these dumb little kids are gonna flock to. Now if you'll excuseme, I'll go watch The Jersey
  • 2 parents, and 4 kids? You got yourself a funny sitcom! *SPOILER WARNING*

Good Luck Charlie is a really funny show, my favourite episodes are Snow Show and Sun Show. I loved seeing Amy all swollen, it was hilarious! Mrs. Dabne is funny. I also liked the episode where PJ and Gabe thought Mrs. Dabne was a killer, it was a laugh riot. I like how Charlie is sometimes put in the last jokes at the end while the credits are shown. This show is pretty funny for a sitcom, better then iCarly. I'm not trying to get other shows involved here. My favourite characters would definitely be, P.J. and Gabe. Because I love PJ and Gabe's sub-plots, it gives them character in the show, Gabe is the devious one and P.J. is the "dumb" one. My overall rating is 7.5.

• A show that the whole family, regular or disfunctional can enjoy. One of the few Good shows on Disney Channel. And it's a sitcom. Sure the laugh track can be annoying, but it has a little bit of everything for everyone. A brilliant work of art.

Now, what can I say about this show? This is not just a good Disney Channel show, it's a great show period! And after several years of repulsive shows, Disney brings in some talent and gets good again. One of these shows is Good Luck Charlie, a satire of family life. Sure, this has been done before, but this show does it wonderfully.

The Duncan family are the stars of the show, as they adjust to the newest addition of the family, a young girl named Charlie. Their daily foibles and screw-ups are what make this show so realistic and humorous. Almost every few lines there is something that makes my gut burst from laughter.

But there are also heartfelt moments. The moments are when something goes wrong, and someone is down, and it shows that your family will always love you. This is acted so well it seems like they actually are related. And all of the insecurities and problems they face are relatable, and that gives it more charm.

In my opinion, this is an excellent show, and a blessing to Disney Channel.

My Grade: A+

Good Luck, Good Luck Charlie! A bright future lay ahead!

• This show is ok.

I think that they can make this show a lot more better in my opinion. i think that the storylines and the characters don't make much sense whatsoever but the only one that i like that makes me laugh sometimes is pj he is a very funny character but the other characters don't make me laugh. bob can be funny as well. pj and bob are the only characters that make me laugh in this show. amy is kinda irritating and i dont like gabe that much. teddy is probably the most irritating character in this show but besides all of that... this show isnt half bad and some episodes actually are pretty good and can be very funny. my brother tigerdude22 absolutely loves this show though. he laughs super hard at this show. im not kidding whenever I watch this show with him, he cant stop laughing.

• Finally a Dinsey show about something EVERYONE can relate too.

So instead of creating more stuff like being a superstar, living in a hotel/cruise, being a wizard, living on the freaking white house, being called to be a regular on a TV show or being hired as dancers ona show, Disney makes a hoswabout a Normal family with Normal situations. The Duncan family consists of Bob, a bug exterminator, his wife Amy and their 4 kids; rockstar wannabe PJ, normal teen Teddy, troublemaker Gabe & recently born Charlie. Charlie & Teddy are girls, don't let the names fool ya. We allso got Ivy & Emmett, Teddy & PJ's black BFs respectively. The show main theme is Teddy taping a videodiary for her baby sister about evnets happeining in the family.

Overall: It's a great show, very funny and with great characters & situations. 9.5/10.
1 2 3 4 5 6