Good Luck Charlie

Disney Channel (ended 2014)

TrickMeNot

Good Luck Charlie Fan Reviews (156)

• Enough Favoritism

I am sick and tired of everyone talking about how much they love this show (not really an issue), and then proceeding to shit on other Disney and Nick shows, too, for "not living up to this (which include, but are nowhere near limited to: Drake & Josh, iCarly, Shake It Up, Jessie, Austin & Ally, I Didn't Do It, as you can see the list of TV shows that suffer from these Good Luck Charlie fanatics' trash talk and favoritism is endless really it is) Good Luck Charlie is the only one on Disney or Nick that this is the case. So, just for that, here is a long, true list about why this show sucks for a fact.

1) I have seen character like PJ, Gabe, and Amy (the mother) everywhere. Same with that one character, Joe, that shows in several episodes. Ooh an evil little girl! Where have I seen THAT before?

2) It's too boring to bother watching.

3) Charlie is supposed to be the main focus, but is often used more as a prop for the show.

4) Bridgit Mendler cannot act.

5) On Good Luck Charlie, none of the jokes are funny at all. Actually, Good Luck Charlie has a lot of gross-out humor. Meanwhile, on Victorious, the jokes are actually funny.

6) PJ puts on the usual dumb act in most situations, and yet he can drive and date girls, dress himself and so dumb is he?

7) The show tries too hard to make Teddy act boy obsessed.

8) The parents act like idiots and they let their kids make fools of them. Meanwhile, on Jessie, they don't make fools out of the adults.

9) The kids are rude and obnoxious and use language more than just Meanwhile, on Jessie, there is no obnoxious talking back to adults.
  • Full House Ripoff

Believe it or not this show is a total ripoff of Full House (on nick) I don't like this show, (Don't dislike me for this, this is MY opinion and if you can't respect it you are breaking the 1st amendment of the United States look it up) Anyway, Teddy tries WAY too hard to be funny, PJ is just plain stupid (It's insulting that his stereotype is dumb blonde) Gabe can be so annoying at times. Although there is nothing wrong with Charlie and Toby. Kids today have no taste in TV, Music, and some times Movies.
  • While it lasted

Good luck charlie was Disney's only hope but now their going to showcase a gay couple and kill themselves going against God its asking to have your channel ruined! Parents may not even want their kids seeing this are they crazy?! quit shoving this crap in our faces!

Anyone else notice a couple of the similarities Glc has to Full house

Car in the house

Charlie and Michelle

pj and dj

teddy(michelles best friend) teddy charlies sister

bob's an exterminator jesse is an exterminator

joeys a bad cook amy's a bad cook

Theyve stolen alot from Full house its not even that orignial but at least the actors are good
  • Stupidest show ever

this show has a bunch of teens in it that act like they are 5 and 6 year olds they need to take this garbage off of tv
  • I HATE IT

It's just plain stupid, it just focuses on Teddy and NO ONE ELSE. It's a full house ripoff. I'm happy it's ending
  • Another run of the mill show from Disney

You know this show is terrible when it's named after a horrible Dane Cook movie.
  • Lame Show

I don't care what others thinks, but this show is stupid. It's one of those stupid family comedies. It's not funny, so boring, and just lame. I have nothing else to say about this show because it's so boring. Oh, I almost forgot, I hate this show because it got rid of all the old shows on Disney Channel. I'm with you cartoongirl66. Good Luck Charlie sucks, jeez. Deal with it. It's called freedom of speech.
  • Bad Luck Charlie and Disney Channel

I hate this show too. Disney Channel sucks.
  • THIS SHOW SUCKS

I hate this show. It's about a girl who video tapes herself so her baby sister could see them when she's older. What the heck? It's lame. Why do people like this show anyways. There's inappropriate jokes too. The parents are dumb, the kids are just stupid, and the plots are stupid. Also Charlie and Teddy are boy names. The mom just want to have a lot of babies. I hate this show. IT'S THEIR FAULT THAT ALL THE OLD DISNEY SHOWS ARE GONE. I DON'T CARE THERE'S A LOT OF THUMB DOWNS. I'M STANDING UP FOR MYSELF.
  • Disney isn't even trying anymore

As with most young-people programming today, this show is nothing to capture interest. It's just another repetitive, generic, unfunny and utterly bland TV show.

Maybe I'm just biased because Disney set the bar so high in the 90s with amazing shows like So Weird and The Famous Jett Jackson and such. Now, I guess writers realize kids will watch anything with a laugh track and deem it Shakespear, so they really don't try anymore.

This show is so uninteresting. The characters are so generic and void of personality. It's just another iCarly or Hannah Montana. You have the female lead, which is always free of any character or originality. I didn't take time to remember her name, seeing as she's the same character as Carly, Miley, Alex Russo, True Jackson, Sonny and more. They all have different jobs and such, but the way they act is completely the same. The youngest boy is the same as Corey Baxter and Max Russo, as in the young boy that has no purpose other than to annoy the female lead. Pretty much all the characters can be matched to past characters from Disney/Nickelodeon history.

As for the stories, they're the same thing we've seen before on countless other shows, except with mediocre ways of throwing in the baby. The comedy is dry, predictable and really not funny at all. It's just the same jokes we've seen before just slightly varied, and they don't really serve any purpose. The show is so generic and bland it could easily be mistaken for any other modern-day disney show, like Shake it Up or something. But the modern generation of TV viewers are so stupid they find this generic and bland piece of suck entertaining. In short, this show is just what happens when you have an audience that will watch anything, and you have no creativity or original thoughts at all, and you don't even bother to try. Disney used to be so fun and a good way for young people to get entertained. Now it's like they're not even trying anymore, and they just keep throwing out the same show over and over again, just twisting the names and gimmicks around a little. Wizards, living in the white house, being a superstar in secret, now looking after a baby. These are just slight tweaks on what is really the same show repeated over and over again, with the same bland, generic characters, same bland, generic jokes, same bland, generic episodes, and I swear their using the same laugh track. I mean, it doesn't even sound like laughing anymore it just sounds like there's a dentist running around, telling everyone to say "Ah" and they all do it at once. Disney and Nick aren't even trying to make quality material anymore.

Script-0
    Story-0
    Characters-0
    Originality-0
    EVERYTHING- 0
    Good Luck Charlie is an unmemorable pile of whackness that all these dumb little kids are gonna flock to. Now if you'll excuseme, I'll go watch The Jersey
  • Good luck Disney!

Good luck charlie is one of the worst most horridly offensive shows on the air. The target audience is hard to specify seeing how most jokes are either too mature for younger kids to get or too child-like for teens/adults to ever be interested in. The show claims to be a throwback to the classic sitcoms like all in the family and family ties, but this barely shows. Many arkatype disney traits are present such a boring dialouge and the writing is terrible. In short, Disney is simply wasting their money on a franchise that isn't going anywhere. Don't watch!
  • Gets old fast

The plot is so cheesy. I mean, Charlie is supposed to be the main focus, but she's more of a prop for the show. Teddy smiles way too much, not saying smiling is a bad thing, but when Bridgit Mendler is just not very cut-out for the role, it grates on my nerves a bit. There are a lot of moments that gross me out, such as in the first episode: the Dad licking his armpit, a kid getting a fishing hook stuck in his lip and PJ pulling at it on-screen, and Charlie vomiting, and in the dentist episode: I was grossed out by the scene where Gabe is covered in baby food because Charlie won't eat. This show also is just way too predictable for my tastes, and recycles characters and stories we've already heard. Not saying I hate this show, I don't, but I will say it's a huge disappointment for me. I'm writing this as a 17 year old, but really my parents, and 2 younger siblings don't have much interest in this show either. There are plenty of other Disney shows that are much better than Good Luck Charlie, and a lot of them like Jessie, Austin & Ally, Liv and Maddie, and Girl Meets World are actually really good.
  • Thank Neptune this show is canceled!

2.5
    Seriously, this show is overrated.
  • Cringe-worthy

3.5
    Like much of the crap Disney's been coming out with, this show takes a barely original idea and refuses to take it anywhere interesting. It features a stereotypical Disney sitcom family and puts them in stereotypical Disney sitcom family problems. Charlie, the baby, is easily the most intelligent person in the entire show, and the rest of the cast, especially the mom, will make you grind your teeth in irritation every time they open their mouths. Good Luck Charlie is a show that will either bore you or make you cringe.
  • It hurts that this show has an 8.7 yet Full House (a show it completely rips off) only has an 8.5

Not the worst, but people make it out to be some kind of Disney saving grace, but with shit like Austin and Ally and Kickin it on the channel nothing could save it. Toby is an unnecessary he ruins the plotline by taking over for Charlie, the characters act really stupid in some episodes and the parents are ignorant.
  • Meh... another lousy family sitcom

This show did not move me in the least. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good either.

It was just dumb, boring and generic.

And the excessive laugh tracks...

Seriously, it gets monotonous and pathetic after awhile how many times they use it.

This is why we need to have live audiences brought back again. It would force these lazy and greedy writers to have to come up with good jokes instead of asinine one liners that a 5 year old would think of.
  • Alright, one thing:

4.5
    That, erm, scene from whichever episode where the mom Amy throws a glass of water on the ground and pretends she is in labor? Not entirely sure thats funny. Especially not for kids.
  • Good Luck trying to make it through a episode

4.5

I don`t get why people like this and I know I`m going to get thumbs down for this review. But the show isn`t funny and never was. Also the characters are just hollow shells of characters we`ve seen done better. ALL the minor characters are useless. If not useless then they are annoying. The show is filled with so much drama. I swear there`s a whole episode where the main girl Teddy has to work with her annoying best friend, to break up with a guy. In the end of that episode she doesn`t ever break up with him. Her best friend is the most annoying character in the show. Bad enough that the characters are annoying the writers working on the script didn`t even try, people to do talk like this. The worst part is the Mom who is self obsessed. We`ve seen this before then it goes to have whenever she walks in a room she has to look in a mirror. I`ve seen this where it gives it to us is parts and it is funny. But the idiots working on this hit you over the head with this. I have seen worse (So Random) so I want to be fair and say I liked Charlie and her subplots and the show is winning me back with season 2. But for season 1 it`s a display of poor effort. I don`t care if you give me thumbs down this show is bad, and nothing will change that.

• UP AND DOWN

The show is really really up and down. WHY ISNT CHARLIE THE STAR!!!!! SHE IS SO FRICKIN CUTEE!!
  • This show is boring, predictable, "over acted" comedy. A truely good/funny show doesn't need the laugh track every 5 seconds to let you know its funny, thats what the actors are suppose be for. The cast is good looking, so that makes up for lack in substa

nce. But then again, how much substance can a show that is centered after a newborn baby and the changes her arrival has inflicted onto her family members; hence the title "Good Luck Charlie"; have anyway, especially when the actual character Charlie is a baby/toddler actor who truely can't act nor deliver lines? Sometimes the show gets extremely corny, or makes edgy jokes that good be scene as borderline offensive to some. This show does not hold a candle to the quality shows back in the day had like"Full House".

• Eh...

5.5
    This show, unusually, isn't as bad as it could be, and has some moments from time to time, but like many other children's shows today, it suffers from some poor jokes, the "live audience" shtick, and the fact that it could have more heart and thought into it. Plus I think it's just a way of showing off a baby so everyone will think it's cute.

It could be better.
  • Stupid laugh track shows.

5.5
    This show would be so much better, infact great if they didn't have that annoying laugh every five seconds.
  • this show sint that good but tis better than some shows.

5.5
    Now Disney channel was actually getting good untill shows like this and Shake it up came. But the good things about this show is Teddy, Gabe, Charlie and PJ, and the parents can get annoying sometimes. Now the good characters that are not main are Ivy and Mrs. Dabney, all the other characters are annoying. Now some people say this show is the best show on Disney channel but i dont think so, so far nothing beats the original Wizards of Waverly place. Now probably the worst things about the show is the video diary scenes, their not funny and stuff we've heard a thousand times. but this show was worst back then like Season 1 was terrible but it got better but its still medicore. Probably the funniest character is either PJ or Charlie. overall 5.5/10.
  • Time to close the book?

A half of a decade ago this show would have been known as crap,but since disney has changed this show is the best on has had a good run the last 4 years but I believe wont last much cast is getting older and the writers are running out of idea's .Is it time to close the book on Good luck charlie?
  • This show is ok.

I think that they can make this show a lot more better in my opinion. i think that the storylines and the characters don't make much sense whatsoever but the only one that i like that makes me laugh sometimes is pj he is a very funny character but the other characters don't make me laugh. bob can be funny as well. pj and bob are the only characters that make me laugh in this show. amy is kinda irritating and i dont like gabe that much. teddy is probably the most irritating character in this show but besides all of that... this show isnt half bad and some episodes actually are pretty good and can be very funny. my brother tigerdude22 absolutely loves this show though. he laughs super hard at this show. im not kidding whenever I watch this show with him, he cant stop laughing.

• I'd say it's easily the 2nd or 3rd best sitcom on DC

It's actually really increased since the first season. I like this show because it's actually funny and most of the characters are likeable (besides that tool Spencer and that moron Gabe). Sometimes the mom gets on my nerves with all her I-can-act-good crap. I also hate it when they say or do stupid fart jokes like butt-chip corn-butt really? In real life, that's not what teenage guys use the word butt for, let alone actually using the world butt. Besides that it's a great show.

UPDATE: I lowered my score. I just lost interest in the show. It's still an okay show. I hate the baby episode though just because they're trying to hard to make it seem crazy and stuff. They already did that with Charlie's birth. But I do love the baby's name. I think it really fits the family.
  • Meh.

This is an okay show, but there are a few things that kind of annoy me about it. First and foremost, the mother. She annoys the heck outta me. She's a huge, inmature brat who acts like the teenager of the family. PJ is really annoying, as well, and isn't all that funny. I'm really disappointed in Jason Dolley's acting. Teddy isn't at all relatable as a main character. She's way too perfect and she kinda acts like a brat about it. Gabe, Charlie and the dad are okay. That is all I have to say. Blah, blah, blah, blah.
  • I hate Disney Channel. This show isn't horrible. I don't mind it.

So it's pretty much about a family that surrounds around a baby named Charlie. The family is very realistic, it's not that fake cliche' family that's perfect, it's almost a funny dysfunctional suburban family. The character's personalities are pretty good, although I don't watch it much, it's not too bad. 7.0
  • Whoever greenlighted this show deserves a medal.

Let's face it: Disney Channel sucks. It's filled with corny sitcoms with dumb premises, bad crossovers, and pop singers. But in April 2010, a beacon of hope shined its light upon them, offering redemption from their crappiness. That beacon of hope was called "Good Luck Charlie."

Good Luck Charlie centers around Teddy, PJ, and Gabe Duncan all trying to care for the newest child (Charlie) while dealing with everyday life. The "wacky family" plot isn't very original, but it's way better premise than a family of wizards or a pop-star double life.

The characters of this show are all pretty likeable and have their funny moments, even though they can be annoying sometimes. Despite the title, the series' main character is Teddy Duncan, the teenage daughter of the family. She makes video dairies to prepare Charlie for her teenage years (that's where the show's title comes from, she signs off every video with the phrase "Good luck, Charlie"). She's a little cliched, but likeable nonetheless. Other characters: PJ Duncan, the oldest child, a little dumb and conceited; Gabe, the troublemaker; Amy, the mom, caring yet egocentric; and Bob, the dad, pretty much your usual TV dad (except much smarter). There's also Ivy Wentz, Teddy's best friend, also a little conceited, but nice.

As for the humor, it's a little hit-and-miss. However, MOST of it is hit. While most of the jokes are clever and humorous, some of them are a little corny and overused. When you watch the show you might notice that it uses crude humor once in a while (it has a baby in it, so I expected that). Normally, that's a bad thing. But in GLC, it works. For crude humor, whether it's good or not is all about execution, and this show executes it well mostly.

Despite it's shortcomings, Good Luck Charlie is a great family sitcom and worth watching. It's not enough to make me LIKE Disney Channel, but it shows that the network has a little bit of hope left.
  • Better than most of the crap Disney puts out

That's not really saying much. This show is a family show that revolves around the life of Teddy and her family. At the end each episode, Teddy records her lessons she learned (for Charlie, the baby). Not a bad show and Bridget Mendler has potential. Probably one of, if not, the best show on Disney (which isn't saying much). Pretty mediocre, but can get a few laughs out of you.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6