Good Luck Charlie

Disney Channel (ended 2014)

Good Luck Charlie Fan Reviews (162)

• Lame Show

I don't care what others thinks, but this show is stupid. It's one of those stupid family comedies. It's not funny, so boring, and just lame. I have nothing else to say about this show because it's so boring. Oh, I almost forgot, I hate this show because it got rid of all the old shows on Disney Channel. I'm with you cartoongirl66. Good Luck Charlie sucks, jeez. Deal with it. It's called freedom of speech.
  • Alright, one thing:

That, erm, scene from whichever episode where the mom Amy throws a glass of water on the ground and pretends she is in labor? Not entirely sure thats funny. Especially not for kids.
  • I'd say it's easily the 2nd or 3rd best sitcom on DC

It's actually really increased since the first season. I like this show because it's actually funny and most of the characters are likeable (besides that tool Spencer and that moron Gabe). Sometimes the mom gets on my nerves with all her I-can-act-good crap. I also hate it when they say or do stupid fart jokes like butt-chip corn-butt really? In real life, that's not what teenage guys use the word butt for, let alone actually using the world butt. Besides that it's a great show.

UPDATE: I lowered my score. I just lost interest in the show. It's still an okay show. I hate the baby episode though just because they're trying to hard to make it seem crazy and stuff. They already did that with Charlie's birth. But I do love the baby's name. I think it really fits the family.
  • Another run of the mill show from Disney

You know this show is terrible when it's named after a horrible Dane Cook movie.
  • Disney isn't even trying anymore

As with most young-people programming today, this show is nothing to capture interest. It's just another repetitive, generic, unfunny and utterly bland TV show.

Maybe I'm just biased because Disney set the bar so high in the 90s with amazing shows like So Weird and The Famous Jett Jackson and such. Now, I guess writers realize kids will watch anything with a laugh track and deem it Shakespear, so they really don't try anymore.

This show is so uninteresting. The characters are so generic and void of personality. It's just another iCarly or Hannah Montana. You have the female lead, which is always free of any character or originality. I didn't take time to remember her name, seeing as she's the same character as Carly, Miley, Alex Russo, True Jackson, Sonny and more. They all have different jobs and such, but the way they act is completely the same. The youngest boy is the same as Corey Baxter and Max Russo, as in the young boy that has no purpose other than to annoy the female lead. Pretty much all the characters can be matched to past characters from Disney/Nickelodeon history.

As for the stories, they're the same thing we've seen before on countless other shows, except with mediocre ways of throwing in the baby. The comedy is dry, predictable and really not funny at all. It's just the same jokes we've seen before just slightly varied, and they don't really serve any purpose. The show is so generic and bland it could easily be mistaken for any other modern-day disney show, like Shake it Up or something. But the modern generation of TV viewers are so stupid they find this generic and bland piece of suck entertaining. In short, this show is just what happens when you have an audience that will watch anything, and you have no creativity or original thoughts at all, and you don't even bother to try. Disney used to be so fun and a good way for young people to get entertained. Now it's like they're not even trying anymore, and they just keep throwing out the same show over and over again, just twisting the names and gimmicks around a little. Wizards, living in the white house, being a superstar in secret, now looking after a baby. These are just slight tweaks on what is really the same show repeated over and over again, with the same bland, generic characters, same bland, generic jokes, same bland, generic episodes, and I swear their using the same laugh track. I mean, it doesn't even sound like laughing anymore it just sounds like there's a dentist running around, telling everyone to say "Ah" and they all do it at once. Disney and Nick aren't even trying to make quality material anymore.

Good Luck Charlie is an unmemorable pile of whackness that all these dumb little kids are gonna flock to. Now if you'll excuseme, I'll go watch The Jersey
  • Bad Luck Charlie and Disney Channel

I hate this show too. Disney Channel sucks.
  • Cringe-worthy

Like much of the crap Disney's been coming out with, this show takes a barely original idea and refuses to take it anywhere interesting. It features a stereotypical Disney sitcom family and puts them in stereotypical Disney sitcom family problems. Charlie, the baby, is easily the most intelligent person in the entire show, and the rest of the cast, especially the mom, will make you grind your teeth in irritation every time they open their mouths. Good Luck Charlie is a show that will either bore you or make you cringe.
  • Meh.

This is an okay show, but there are a few things that kind of annoy me about it. First and foremost, the mother. She annoys the heck outta me. She's a huge, inmature brat who acts like the teenager of the family. PJ is really annoying, as well, and isn't all that funny. I'm really disappointed in Jason Dolley's acting. Teddy isn't at all relatable as a main character. She's way too perfect and she kinda acts like a brat about it. Gabe, Charlie and the dad are okay. That is all I have to say. Blah, blah, blah, blah.
  • Kinda like a "Full House" parody?

This show has some laughs and Disney Channel is actually not making it a funker. The characters seem really similar to "Full House" though. I don't think it'll be a m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m a a a a a r r r r r r r r v v v v v v e e e e e e l l l l l o o o o o u u u u s s s s s show, but it is not going to be extremely bad like "Hannah Montana" crap and stuff.
  • Stupidest show ever

this show has a bunch of teens in it that act like they are 5 and 6 year olds they need to take this garbage off of tv

It's just plain stupid, it just focuses on Teddy and NO ONE ELSE. It's a full house ripoff. I'm happy it's ending

The show is really really up and down. WHY ISNT CHARLIE THE STAR!!!!! SHE IS SO FRICKIN CUTEE!!
  • this show sint that good but tis better than some shows.

Now Disney channel was actually getting good untill shows like this and Shake it up came. But the good things about this show is Teddy, Gabe, Charlie and PJ, and the parents can get annoying sometimes. Now the good characters that are not main are Ivy and Mrs. Dabney, all the other characters are annoying. Now some people say this show is the best show on Disney channel but i dont think so, so far nothing beats the original Wizards of Waverly place. Now probably the worst things about the show is the video diary scenes, their not funny and stuff we've heard a thousand times. but this show was worst back then like Season 1 was terrible but it got better but its still medicore. Probably the funniest character is either PJ or Charlie. overall 5.5/10.
  • Meh... another lousy family sitcom

This show did not move me in the least. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good either.

It was just dumb, boring and generic.

And the excessive laugh tracks...

Seriously, it gets monotonous and pathetic after awhile how many times they use it.

This is why we need to have live audiences brought back again. It would force these lazy and greedy writers to have to come up with good jokes instead of asinine one liners that a 5 year old would think of.
  • Good luck, Good Luck Charlie.

Well, it seems like after four years or so, Disney Channel finally got a decent series. No, it won't live up to their classic stuff. However, I must say that Good Luck Charlie definitely exceeded my expectations and is much better than the stuff Disney Channel airs nowadays. I do think that this is a funny show, and some of the jokes do make me laugh. The humor isn't just for kids-like most of the other stuff Disney Channel airs on their network. Best of all, the comedy is original, and it even has some innuendoes hidden in there-in fact, I was even shocked by some of suggestions they put in some of the episodes. The episodes' plots are usually unique, and finally they're not a rip-off of stuff that other shows already created. Charlie, I don't know the actress her plays her, is adorable and reminds me of Michelle Tanner, but I think Charlie is a little cuter. My complaint, though, with this show is Teddy. She's funny, but she's just like the other Disney Channel girls: boy-crazed, girly, and a little shallow. But the actress, who plays her, Bridget Mendler, does a good job at her role. I just hope Good Luck Charlie goes well for Disney Channel, and hopefully it won't go downhill as the seasons go along. If it doesn't, it may ever well be a good sign that Disney's is becoming a good channel again. Hopefully, that's the case. If so, good luck Good Luck Charlie.

I hate this show. It's about a girl who video tapes herself so her baby sister could see them when she's older. What the heck? It's lame. Why do people like this show anyways. There's inappropriate jokes too. The parents are dumb, the kids are just stupid, and the plots are stupid. Also Charlie and Teddy are boy names. The mom just want to have a lot of babies. I hate this show. IT'S THEIR FAULT THAT ALL THE OLD DISNEY SHOWS ARE GONE. I DON'T CARE THERE'S A LOT OF THUMB DOWNS. I'M STANDING UP FOR MYSELF.
  • While it lasted

Good luck charlie was Disney's only hope but now their going to showcase a gay couple and kill themselves going against God its asking to have your channel ruined! Parents may not even want their kids seeing this are they crazy?! quit shoving this crap in our faces!

Anyone else notice a couple of the similarities Glc has to Full house

Car in the house

Charlie and Michelle

pj and dj

teddy(michelles best friend) teddy charlies sister

bob's an exterminator jesse is an exterminator

joeys a bad cook amy's a bad cook

Theyve stolen alot from Full house its not even that orignial but at least the actors are good
  • Good luck Disney!

Good luck charlie is one of the worst most horridly offensive shows on the air. The target audience is hard to specify seeing how most jokes are either too mature for younger kids to get or too child-like for teens/adults to ever be interested in. The show claims to be a throwback to the classic sitcoms like all in the family and family ties, but this barely shows. Many arkatype disney traits are present such a boring dialouge and the writing is terrible. In short, Disney is simply wasting their money on a franchise that isn't going anywhere. Don't watch!
  • This show is boring, predictable, "over acted" comedy. A truely good/funny show doesn't need the laugh track every 5 seconds to let you know its funny, thats what the actors are suppose be for. The cast is good looking, so that makes up for lack in substa

nce. But then again, how much substance can a show that is centered after a newborn baby and the changes her arrival has inflicted onto her family members; hence the title "Good Luck Charlie"; have anyway, especially when the actual character Charlie is a baby/toddler actor who truely can't act nor deliver lines? Sometimes the show gets extremely corny, or makes edgy jokes that good be scene as borderline offensive to some. This show does not hold a candle to the quality shows back in the day had like"Full House".

• Good Luck trying to make it through a episode

I don`t get why people like this and I know I`m going to get thumbs down for this review. But the show isn`t funny and never was. Also the characters are just hollow shells of characters we`ve seen done better. ALL the minor characters are useless. If not useless then they are annoying. The show is filled with so much drama. I swear there`s a whole episode where the main girl Teddy has to work with her annoying best friend, to break up with a guy. In the end of that episode she doesn`t ever break up with him. Her best friend is the most annoying character in the show. Bad enough that the characters are annoying the writers working on the script didn`t even try, people to do talk like this. The worst part is the Mom who is self obsessed. We`ve seen this before then it goes to have whenever she walks in a room she has to look in a mirror. I`ve seen this where it gives it to us is parts and it is funny. But the idiots working on this hit you over the head with this. I have seen worse (So Random) so I want to be fair and say I liked Charlie and her subplots and the show is winning me back with season 2. But for season 1 it`s a display of poor effort. I don`t care if you give me thumbs down this show is bad, and nothing will change that.

• An actually good Disney Channel sitcom!

I really can't stand Disney Channel anymore with the junk they have been putting on the air recently. Wizards of Waverley Place, Hannah Montana, Jonas L.A., Sonny With a Chance. Blah! But along comes "Good Luck Charlie", an actually enjoyable show that has it all. It has good humor. The show is packed with humor kids of all age can understand. The story's are normally smart and make you want to keep watching. The acting is pretty good, not bad, but not great. And Charlie is pretty darn cute. That's definetaley one of the main highlights you could say about this show.

Overall, very satisfying. Thank you for making an actual good show Disney Channel! (Besides Phineas and Ferb)
  • Disney's best show that isn't animated (actually just period)

This show is about a family, the Duncans, adjusting to life after the birth of their fourth child, Charlie, and her teenage sister, Teddy, fears she won't be around as much when Charlie's growing up, so she makes Charlie video diaries, so that when she grows up, she has something to remember her by. I like this show's humor and many of the situations, and I like how this is something EVERYONE can enjoy, rather just appealing singlely towards kids or towards adults. From what I've seen, this is definitly the best show airing on Disney Channel at the moment. 9.5/10 A
  • I have fun watching the show.

I have fun watching the show. This family is very funny.

Music in the show is merry and amazing. Also,the characters tell

hilarious jokes. Besides, Charlie and her brother Toby look very

sweet. Finally, I like the plot changes! You can watch this show with

your family.
  • Best Show On Disney Channel

Good Luck Charlie is AMAZING!!! I love everything about the show. The review under mine is utter shit, just another hater. F*** you, Questionmarc99 :D
  • A very funny disney comedy.

A very funny disney comedy.It is a refreshing look at the Duncan family trying to juggle their normal lives as well as new baby daughter Charlie. There's smart, savvy Teddy (Bridgit Mendler) who is creating a video diary for Charlie, in hope that it will help her survive their wacky family, including her brothers, Dimwitted rocker PJ (Jason Dolley), and smart-ass Gabe and their parents, Amy, a night nurse who has just gone back to work, and Bob, an exterminator,or Pest Control Specialist. I really enjoyed the pilot. I even watched a special preview episode on The show is funny, well written, and has jokes for everyone to get. Does it divert from Disney channel's traditional formula? A little. GLC concentrates a bit more on the family dynamic. These characters are just regular kids. They aren't wizards, or rock stars, or a star on a sketch comedy show. So there's not really a gimmick to fall back it. That's why it seems like it would fit into ABC's TGIF block (may it rest in peace). The acting is top notch, and Mendler and Dolley are familiar faces for Disney Channel fans. I am just glad that Disney is trying something different, and I hope it lasts for years to come.
  • Full House Ripoff

Believe it or not this show is a total ripoff of Full House (on nick) I don't like this show, (Don't dislike me for this, this is MY opinion and if you can't respect it you are breaking the 1st amendment of the United States look it up) Anyway, Teddy tries WAY too hard to be funny, PJ is just plain stupid (It's insulting that his stereotype is dumb blonde) Gabe can be so annoying at times. Although there is nothing wrong with Charlie and Toby. Kids today have no taste in TV, Music, and some times Movies.
  • Eh...

This show, unusually, isn't as bad as it could be, and has some moments from time to time, but like many other children's shows today, it suffers from some poor jokes, the "live audience" shtick, and the fact that it could have more heart and thought into it. Plus I think it's just a way of showing off a baby so everyone will think it's cute.

It could be better.
  • Time to close the book?

A half of a decade ago this show would have been known as crap,but since disney has changed this show is the best on has had a good run the last 4 years but I believe wont last much cast is getting older and the writers are running out of idea's .Is it time to close the book on Good luck charlie?
  • Great show!

This was a brilliant and entertaining show! It was one of the only good shows left on modern DC, the rest being complete horseshit (besides gmw) I really miss this show a lot and I'll always watch reruns.
  • Its great

I really liked this show. I loved the cast and the episodes. And all the haters are stupid and shouldnt waste there time writing bad reviews!

< 1 2 3 4 5 6