Good Luck Charlie

Snow Show, Part One

Aired Sunday 7:30 PM Jan 16, 2011 on Disney Channel

7.8
  • Part 1, it was boring for most of the part

Bob and Amy take the kids to Mt. Bliss, the place where they got married, for a family vacation. Teddy looks for the man of her dreams, while Charlie meets her first love. Snowboarder P.J. takes an unintentional detour that lands him in hot water. Gabe lives the good life by running up the room service bill. I thought this was a fair episode. Nothing special in this predicatable. Spencer appearing near the end was very predictable. Of course, I didn't care much about Teddy's plot so that's my huge problem in this episode. The only parts that I laughed were the majority of Gabe's plot, PJ skiing and ending up at a cabin with two girls, Charlie falling in love, and maybe one scene I forgot. The rest of this episode was just boring. Overall, an okay episode, but I don't think it's worth watching again. 6/10
  • Boring.

The Duncans go on a family road trip to a ski resort in the mountains. Teddy gets a reading from a psychic that she will meet the love of her life, Gabe abuses room service to get back at a bellhop who used to be his teacher, PJ meets some girls who take care of him after going on the wrong snowboarding trail, and Bob and Amy find out they are not actually married because the Judge who married them was a con artist.

Teddy's Plot: I'm tired of all the "love" related plots, can Teddy just focus on having a good time and not finding a new boyfriend? It's really getting old.

PJ's Plot: It was alright, it was boring.

Bob/Amy's Plot: Interesting, it was almost like a divorce in this episode, something people have NEVER seen in Disney Channel.

Overall a boring episode, but it had some great jokes.

• Part 1 of the 2-Part "Good Luck Charlie" episode "Snow Show" was superb

I thought that this was a superb episode of "Good Luck Charlie". It would have been excellent if Teddy's plot didn't ruin it. Seriously? Teddy is on vacation, why do most of her plots always have to be about finding the right guy. Take a break from guys for a while Teddy. you're on vacation and you're wasting your time talking to a fortune teller about if she will find the right person. Teddy is a beautiful girl but seriously needs to stop looking for the right guy at least for a while. Anyways, most of this episode did make me laugh hard. I loved how Bob and Amy repeatedly said the "And then we did IT" (that's adult humor right there because kids won't understand that joke)... I know what the joke means, it meant that Bob and Amy got married and "made love" with each other. I also loved Gabe's plot when he reunites with his 3rd grade teacher who now works at the place the Duncan family are staying at for a while as their vacation. Gabe getting food service was very funny. I thought it was very funny when Gabe is the "hotel boy" and tries to prepare a salad but messes it up. PJ's plot was also making me laugh hard when he was snowboarding and fell off the cliff. Also, two girls found PJ. I also found it to be comedy gold when PJ was telling those two girls that he competed in the Winter Olympics. Overall, despite Teddy's plot, Part of this 2-Part episode was superb. 9/10

I don't know about you guys, but this was the best installment of Good Luck Charlie in recent memory. This show really wasn't delivering with all the Spencer drama, and it looks like the next episode will follow that routine, but this episode was actually really good.

The cold opening was hilarious, and I was just astonished that this show hasn't been canceled for being too "racy" for Disney Channel. Also with finding out your not married for 19 years which would mean you would have 4 illegitimate children? If you read in to it, it's quite a lot to take in.

PJ was really funny and Gabe was hilarious as well. The weak link tonight was Teddy, she's become very annoying, and I can just imagine her whining about Spencer in part 2, but this was still a good installment.