Good Morning America Forums

Weekdays 7:00 AM on ABCIn Season

Robin Roberts

candozier

[1]Jul 31, 2007
    • level: 8

Heard her announcement about her having breast cancer this morning. She said on Extra that she found the lump the day they did their tribute to Joel Siegel.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070731/

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

no1billsfan

[2]Oct 23, 2007
    • level: 1

Shocking, that Robin Roberts, of all people, would attach such an apologetic spin on her story about Saudi Arabia's treatment of woman. As an African American woman, I would think that the oppression she witnessed and faced herself while visiting that Country would have resonated to the smallest degree negative. On the contrary, she not only expressed how nicely they told her and her team to move to the back of the restaurant (because there were women in the group), but that they GLADLY DID SO. I doubt that back in the 60's, her family gladly moved to the back of the bus.

I truly believed that Robin Roberts was a champion of human/civil rights and equality. Am I wrong? I recognize that progress is being made, but if Ms. Roberts were asked to sit in another part of a restaurant because of her race or gender in this country, or any other for that matter, she couldn't possibly be GLAD to do it. Would not the final statement, "so clearly there is more progress to be made", been at least minimally acceptable?

JERININE

[3]Dec 17, 2007
    • level: 10

ROBIN ROBERTS IS A CHAMP AND SHE HAS THE SUPPORT OF A GREAT FAMILY AT GMA ALONG WITH HER BIRTH FAMILY. DIANE IS A STRONG SISTER TO LEAN ON. WITH OUR PRAYERS AND ROBIN'S SPIRIT SHE WILL GET TO THE TOP OF THIS MOUNTAIN.GOD'S WORK MUST TRULY BE OUR OWN.

FONDLY JERILYN

Ppunkinseed

[4]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 16
    My how time flies. Seems like only yesterday that Robin Roberts went in for treatments and now she is doing just fine and the other day, decided to wear her own hair instead of the wigs. I applaud her bravery and how she is helping many, many, many people in doing this. She looks adorable to boot! This is just one more reason why I admire this lady.

spring57

[5]May 3, 2008
    • level: 2

Good Morning America Opening:

Weekdays:
    FROM ABC NEWS THIS IS GOOD MORNING AMERICA AND NOW FROM TIMES SQUARE IN NEW YORK ANCHORS DIANE SAWYER AND ROBIN ROBERTS.

Weekends:

FROM ABC NEWS THIS IS GOOD MORNING AMERICA AND NOW FROM TIMES SQUARE IN NEW YORK WEEKEND ANCHORS BILL WEIR & KATE SNOW.

jchastant

[6]Jul 7, 2008

On the July 4, 2008 episode of GMA, I was told Robin Roberts mentioned the death of my grandfather, Bro. Bill Barton. Did anyone TIVO the episode or perhaps post the clip on YouTube? Thanks in advance!!! Jill Barton Chastant

Vanture

[7]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 16
    Wow, look how time flies...

jppsmom

[8]Aug 14, 2008
    I love Robbin Roberts. She has inspired several women including me. I wish I could tune in everyday and watch her. She is so careing of other people despite all she has been through.

lhotpdisney

[9]Oct 12, 2008
    • level: 9

JERININE wrote:

ROBIN ROBERTS IS A CHAMP AND SHE HAS THE SUPPORT OF A GREAT FAMILY AT GMA ALONG WITH HER BIRTH FAMILY. DIANE IS A STRONG SISTER TO LEAN ON. WITH OUR PRAYERS AND ROBIN'S SPIRIT SHE WILL GET TO THE TOP OF THIS MOUNTAIN.GOD'S WORK MUST TRULY BE OUR OWN.

FONDLY JERILYN

Yay Robin

spring57 wrote:

Good Morning America Opening:

Weekdays:
    FROM ABC NEWS THIS IS GOOD MORNING AMERICA AND NOW FROM TIMES SQUARE IN NEW YORK ANCHORS DIANE SAWYER AND ROBIN ROBERTS.

Weekends:

FROM ABC NEWS THIS IS GOOD MORNING AMERICA AND NOW FROM TIMES SQUARE IN NEW YORK WEEKEND ANCHORS BILL WEIR & KATE SNOW.

This is random what does this have to do with robin roberts. BTW i'm not trying to insult the poster of this. i just don't get it.

JodySolomon

[10]Feb 11, 2010
    why are they making robin roberts look rediculous with all the new hair and too much make up.. your doing a great job but you look fake..go back to your natural looking you. too much make up and wrong hair style. you were great the way you were.

JohnDold

[11]Dec 2, 2010

After your show put that woman on that was out of work. we now no she was a plant to make Republicans look bad. you should be ashamed.