Good Morning America

Weekdays 7:00 AM on ABC Premiered Nov 03, 1975 In Season

AprilFox

Good Morning America Fan Reviews (257)

• Love GMA

I love this news show, and all the anchors. Lara Spencer is great, she always has the best comments and I always listen for what she has to say.
  • Lara REALLY needs to GO!

I so enjoyed last week while Lara Spencer was on vacation. I was hoping it was a permanent vacation! I don't think GMA or ABC read these reviews or she would have already been gone. Maybe she just has a contract they can't get out of.
  • Lara needs to stop talking

I watched your show today and I couldn't believe how much Lara talked over people. I could hardly stand watching. The poor girl trying to explain how to make her crafts, we at home couldn't even hear her. Lara, there's a way to engage in conversation and not take it over. ZIP IT Lara!
  • PLEASEEEEEE LET HER GO! ...........

I agree with so many of the comments below regarding Lara Spencer. Why isn't GMA listening? She is the most annoying, irritating person on the show. We are all so over her & her posing; for the camera! No one can get a word in from her continuous silly jokes that she thinks are funny. No one thinks she is funny but her. She just talks and talks and talks until I change the station. Enough already!!!!! UGH! How embarrassing for the other anchors.
  • the Dog that could not catch a treat

It was pretty disturbing to see what was going on - it is very possible the dog has eye issues - the owner should taken him to a Vet eye specialist - yes I am serious - not subject the poor dog to antics that seemed quite cruel.
  • This week has been wonderful

2.5
    That's right; this week has been wonderful WITHOUT LARA!!! Not having to endure her corniness and insincerity has been grrrr-eat!

I wonder do the executives at ABC/GMA read these reviews because if they do, this review only adds to previous ones stating the same thing - sit Lara down!!!

The Saturday crew is Great and they do what GMA started out doing years ago and that's Report The News!!!

Amy continues to be professional and . Holmes is a delightful addition!

• Lara is great!

Like all the gma hosts, including Lara. But we need more news and less about boy band losing a member. Geeze. Spent way too much time on that story and not enough about reports of Bowe Bergdahl deserting and putting his company in harms way.
  • Fire Lara Spencer Instead of Promoting Her

GMA has a very qualified team in Robin, George, Amy and Ginger. For some reason, ABC has promoted Lara over Amy, and it's difficult to understand why. Although Lara is very comfortable in front of the camera, she is incredibly unprofessional in her actions by demonstrating scene-stealing moves such as talking over her colleagues, swinging her arms out over coworkers and flirting. If GMA want an entertainment reporter that will work well with others, they should replace Lara with Sara Haines. She possesses all of the qualities GMA needs without the drama.

ABC generally makes good decisions about its news division, as evidenced by making David Muir the nightly newscaster, as well as keeping George S. on GMA and the Sunday political show. I have been watching GMA for many years, but am considering changing to another network. I am not employed by NBC or CBS, but rather a viewer who prefers high quality news.
  • GMA lineup

3/24. YES!!!!! Finally GMA is worth watching today!!!! Fabulous without all that Pop news crap, sorry Lara but they really need to find you a different platform. Oh I'm loving my coffee today with GMA!!! Agree with previous poster 100%

2-20-I'd rather see veronica corningstone....

How rude, what is Lara's name doing on top billing? If you're going to put her name up there you can't leave out Amy and the incredible ginger zee... What are the execs thinking? Is Lara that self serving? Check out her facial expressions and interrupting, she's not genuine and doesn't care about anything in the conversation. And the gossip is not top bill-worthy. It's too weird and I might have to try NBC again. Aand I agree with the comment about the weekend show, really good dynamic there. Amy and ginger-revolt! It should be all or just robin and George. Half the stuff lara "reports"on is just not worth the breath. Oh, and Give ginger a chair!
  • LOVE Amy and David!!!

Finally GMA - an anchor team worth watching! I loved seeing Amy and David together this morning! They are poised and professional, and really elevate the status of your show. Amy is an anchor moving up along the lines of Diane Sawyer - and David, well, what more can you say than perfect - Mr. World News Tonight! Thanks for finally giving us a team worth watching. I agree with the previous reviewer - a breath of fresh air without Lara Spencer oogling the cameras.
  • Lara and Michael rock!

After reading many of the rants against Lara and/or Michael, I can only surmise that the critics are somehow connected to NBC. Lara and Michael are literally "a breath of fresh air" on GMA.

The chemistry that exists between Robin, George, Lara, Ginger, and Michael is undeniable. This chemistry is the reason that GMA continues to have higher ratings than NBC' s TODAY.

Whilst I like Amy (and I'm so glad she won her battle with cancer), she is clearly "the odd man out" in this group. At times, Amy looks like "a deer caught in headlights;" when she so obviously doesn't comprehend a reference or joke, with which the rest of the group is in tune. The rest of the group comes across as being genuine; Amy does not.

And, to all you naysayers who despair of not having what you consider to be "proper" news reporting by some of the anchors--wake up and smell the coffee! These morning shows are entertainment shows with a bit of everything thrown into the mix.

Ever since NBC's TODAY unceremoniously dumped Jane Pauley for Deborah Norville, the pattern was set for the morning shows to become more entertaining for the masses and less serious for the intelligentsia. Even Jane Pauley is reporting on lighter fare on CBS's SUNDAY MORNING. I'm certain that the true intelligentsia get their news from other sources. So if that's all-important to any of you reviewers--go and do thou likewise! :-)

Meanwhile (back at the ranch), I enjoy having lighter fare in the morning; it makes for a happier start to the ever-progressing, mostly serious rest of the day. Of course, I also like to play Trivial Pursuit!

:-)

• Stupid antics

Good Morning America especially the weekend edition have become the most annoying shows. Stupid jokes that are not funny, constant outbursts, and the loud annoying laughing at every stupid comment has become unbearable. Especially Sarah that practically throws herself on the table with her loud screeching laughs makes me ill. I finally changed the channel and am glad I did. This after 25 years of watching this show.
  • what has happened to GMA??

I used to love to watch GMA, but no more. the only good anchors left are George and Robin, the rest act like bumbling idiots especially the blonde bimbo Lara ! Since Sam and Josh left everything has gone down hill Besides the few news updates, the show consists of interviews and segments to advertise new Disney movies, ABC shows, new song albums ETC, ETC. POP news is nauseating to watch. I am tired of watching these anchors who have no intelligence and love to laugh at their lame attempts at being funny I do not find it amusing Maybe this is appeals to the younger crowd which unfortunately reflects the direction our country is going. I on the other hand have decide to skip GMA and move on to something that will inspire me and not make me disgusted every time I watch it. Today show here I come.
  • More Amy Less Michael & Lara Please

Loved seeing Amy in the lead anchor chaIr this morning! Need to see this more often.
  • Lara drove me to CBS

GMA improved it's news with Amy Robach. Robin and George are terrific co-anchors, but I fast forward so I do not have to listen to Lara talk. I don't have time for the childish, silly stuff Lara does. I'm switching to CBS for news to start my day intelligently.
  • Bye, Bye GMA until LS is gone!

I thought it was just me until I found all of these posts. I went from taping the show so I could watch it in the evening if I missed something to fast forwarding in the morning so I do not have to listen to Lara talk. I enjoy DIY stuff, but can not even listen to her talk about that anymore. Hope GMA is listening to viewers before it is too late.
  • Getting worse each day

1.5
    Lara is better suited in her prior engagement, Insider Magazine, instead of a mainstream hard news morning show. Her style of interrupting the others really cheapens this good show. Chill or check-out. I'll probably end up as a former GMA fan.
  • Amy deserves better

5.5
    GMA pumped up it's news with the addition of Amy Robach. I'm confused as to why Lara Spencer still gets hard news stories. Lara Spencer, in my opinion, is a good feature reporter but has no business handling real news.
  • Count your blessings

Annoyance scale 1 to 10...10 being most annoying. Lara Spencer of GMA, 3 or 4, Tamron Hall of Today Show, 11.
  • dismiss kati hopkins

Why does America even give that rude lady Kati Hopkins any attention? Clearly she likes attention even if its negative attention. I believe out of sight and out of mind and if we ignore her and stop giving her publicity than she just will mabee just insult herself in the mirror.

#ijustdntwannahername
  • I love GMA but lately.......

I think GMA is turning into People magazine in the am. This is my first review but I feel compelled. I find myself changing the channel. Loved GMA but the Lara Spencer show is ruining it for me. Love love Robin Roberts. Love amy and Ginger. Didn't think I would recover Sam leaving but I like Ginger. Amy is so good. I've been a long time fan but the changes are diminishing the show. Michael is great on Live but not GMA. Please bring the quality back!!!!
  • Tone It Down Lara, Please!!!!

3.5
    Lara is talented but when others try and comment she acts selfish by stealing their thunder by talking over them and/or acting like a dancing clown. Tone it down Lara. And you are not a dance queen. Act like an adult. If we want to watch dancing we would watch Dancing With the Stars. Geesh.
  • I loved GMA

For years I have watched GMA , but I believe it is over for me. I love Robin and could put up with most of the changes. As much as I enjoyed Sam and Josh I could live with their leaving. Lara being made a co-host is another matter. Lara is fluff not a news person. She is fine on cat stories, but not on anything serious. Its time to look for a new morning show. I understand Josh's no compete time is up maybe he will be on Today!!
  • Good Morning America or The Weather Channel

I switched from The Today Show to GMA due to all the "Matt Lauer bullying Anne" rumors. (I hope they aren't true, but I couldn't look at him the same after that. However, I am now looking for another show I can watch in the morning to get actual national and world news. "It's snowing in Boston" is not news. It's called WINTER! And even if there is a weather disaster that is affecting me, I would want to hear that from the local meteorologist, who is on the scene. This morning, not only did you spend your normal 10 minutes (out of the first 20 minute segment) on weather, but part of it was REPEAT weather news. The weekend anchors had already informed us that people had had to spend the night at the Dallas airport due to canceled flights. If that had impacted us, we would have known about it the day before from a friend or relative that would be delayed in his or her arrival, so now it was OLD weather news. There is a plethora of news in this world. Cars sliding on ice, weather anchors standing in rain or wind to show me that it's wet or windy is not news. The worst one of all is the anchor driving around in the car reporting on the terrible conditions, and telling viewers not to drive because it will make it harder for emergency vehicles and cars who must be out, to get through. Do none of the producers see the irony in that? So are you going to be a news show or The Weather Channel?
  • Lara Who?!!!!!!!

Whatever her name is, that chick is so annoying!!!!! I love GMA but when it's her turn to talk I switch the channel! I can't stand her! Ughhhh!
  • Give Lara Spencer permanent Vacation

used to love GMA in spite of Lara Spencer. Now she has her finger into every pot and it is horrible. She never shuts up and makes sure she is noticed in all segments. Her interviews are not interviews at all. Just her jabbering away with interviewee not given opportunity to talk at all. She interrupts all others every day and since she has taken over Robins position when away I am almost at point of changing shows. You have Amy and she is excellent why are you even keeping this high schooler show off when Robin, George,Amy Snd Ginger have the chops!!! Lara only knows how to ham it up and act like a prima people to put coats on her ...
  • Lose Lara and the background music

I am a regular viewer however as of late two things really bug me about your broadcast.

One: Get rid of Lara Spencer! She is a horrible fit for the show. Unskilled as an interviewer

and too frenetic in her approach to EVERYTHING! Second: Please lower the volume or

eliminate the background music on the various segments such as Pop News and others.

The music is so loud one can't hear what is being said. One last point, Don't the producers

read these comments? It Is amazing there are no positive comments for Lara. Doesn't that

tell you something?
  • LARA SPENCER - ENOUGH ALREADY

Seriously, you need to keep Lara out of the news spot, she becomes a different person, and its not a good fit. She speaks differently and if this continues, not only will you lose me as a viewer, apparently many of us are fed up. Keep her doing Pop News and that's it. Also why do I not hear Amy Robach's name in the initial announcement when the show first comes on. Amy should fill in for Robin, not LARA. Please start listening to these reviews.

Wednesday, 2/18 - Turned on my TV and on and once again Lara is on. Her personality changes and it made me change the channel. Executives, watch this woman and you will see how she is ruining your show.
  • Lara Spencer, ugh!

Lara Spencer is on my nerves to the point I can hardly watch GMA any longer! She does love herself too much and can't interview to save her life!
  • "it girl"

do you guys watch the show Maddy is on??? Abbey Lee Miller is mean to the children and to the parents. so dis-respectful. Teaching the children horrible manners. Abbey Lee would be no where if she wasn't on the show. She's made no one famous. Putting Maddy as the "it girls" is saying "keep up the meanness Abbey, keep treating people horrible". You guys should be ashamed of yourself
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9