Good Morning America

Weekdays 7:00 AM on ABC Premiered Nov 03, 1975 In Season

Good Morning America Fan Reviews (341)

• Lara Spencer - WHY?

Since when did GMA become the Lara Spenser show. Not good!

10/6 Is Lara's dress short enough? She is such a mess. No class. I give up with her. Time for her to go.

10/16 Shut up Lara. You think you're so cute. Not working for me.

11/30 Thought I'd watch GMA this morning as I left your program for NBC. And there she was! Lara still there and acting as the star of the show. Back to NBC.
  • Lara is an infantile bag of bones

I enjoyed watching the DWTS performing after that shows finale. While they danced, Lara couldn't resist her need to be the primedona and began her own dance routine. Grow up Lara. You are not the queen bee of the show. While she does a good job hosting "Fleamarket Flip" where she hosts alone, once she has competition on "GMA", she needs to be the center of attention thus making a fool of herself.
  • Why Our Entire Family and Friends Have Switched to NBC's Today Show

We were always taught that if you can't say anything nice, do not say anything at all.

Therefore we will cleverly not mention their names but we're sure Disney and ABC executives know the two main factors that are driving MILLIONS of viewers away.

And the current November 2015 ratings do not lie.

According to the majority of comments in this forum, Robin, George, Amy and Ginger are an amazing team during the weekdays and Dan, Ron and Paula do a fantastic job on the weekends.

Our family and friends' ages range from 20 to 51 and our professions are students to engineers.

We moved away from NBC due to the Ann Curry dismissal.

However, it is astonishing how we ALL independently switched back to NBC Today's Show because the executives at NBC listened to the viewers, made changes to the staff, created informational topics and post relevant articles on their website.

In addition, the advertisers match their audience too.

Money talks folks and it starts with targeting your viewers problems and passions.

Disney and ABC numbers continue to decline yet no action has been taken. Check the numbers. As stated earlier, number do not lie.

In conclusion, all of the team members at ABC are extremely talented. Yet, they may not "mash" together on the same set due to their experience and personalities.

This scenario exists at all work places.

However, when changes are made, results are produced.

• Immaturity at its best!

GMA Weekend is by far the most immature news show on the air. Between Paula Ferris and Sarah Haines could they be anymore obnoxious!! Pulling Ron Clairebon and Dan Harris into their nonsense is nauseating. Went back to my local news to gain some sanity!!
  • Giving away so many Gifts and Nothing for Disabled Veterans?

I think it is wonderful that GMA can have so many prizes for all their guests that can be outside their studio in New York City.

But what are you doing for those Disabled Veterans and Wounded Warriors that can't afford to come to your show or visit you in the Big Apple?

I don't mean to toot my own whistle but I know that I am a DAV and I have struggled for over 5 years as I was getting nothing from the VA because of a mistake in my paperwork after giving over 20+ years of service and became wounded and no longer able to work.

The US Army forced me to retire and my night mare began.

Now I live on Social Security Disability and I have a Trailer on a Lake so I am able to survive.

But survive is all I am currently still able to do.

January of 2015 the VA finally said I am 100% Disabled and I am now able to get my medical needs taken care of so each month I am doing better.

But I still do not have many of the simple things that most people use daily and think nothing about it.

A working Bathroom with running water, and proper toilet.

I have a cell phone that is pay as you go, but where I live on the Lake there is no good signal as I often can not get a signal walking around in the yard.

Do you have any idea on how many of our Veterans in this country are worse off than I am?

Yet you can make such wonderful gifts to your visitors there in New York.

And here I would be excited if I could afford a nice working double wide trailer to live in.

But I would really like to build a home here so that I can create a home that is good for my disabilities, and make my life so much easier.

But I will keep praying for my friends, and I also will continue to help support my fellow comrades that are worse off than I am.

Well have a great 40th Anniversary.
  • Caption at bottom of screen...

When you put that HUGE caption box at the bottom of the screen you are blocking the interview. So frustrating, won't watch, can't watch until you fix it. It seriously blocks people's faces or other important info about the interview. Just tried to watch the clip about the face transplant and your stupid box took up half the screen!
  • Can ABC really put Lara Spencer next to George S. and not expect George to leave?

I usually have to leave the room whenever Lara is on camera for any reason. She is just so goofy and weird with all the mugging for the cameras. How can she even sit there with the rest of the crew with nothing to do, for all the obvious reasons. Is she that lacking in self respect that she will endure the daily humiliation of just being a bump on a log at the desk? Putting her name on the shows opening banner is such an insult to Robin and George. What or who is she doing to deserve even a place on the show much less a banner spot? Amy is so much more polished and pleasant. Please ABC, put Lara back in her slot as a filler program/junk shopping show! She obviously offends so many people you really should act on your viewers reactions .
  • Sara Haines irrates the crap out of me

I can watch the Good Morning news until I hear Sara Haines' high pitched, LOUD, know-it-all voice. Dump her and you'll have a good program, until then, count me out as a viewer
  • These reviews illustrate how well the plan is working

All the focus on the "reporters" just proves that the plan to distract the American public from important, life changing news is working like a charm. To the reviewers here: have you heard of the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement, the worst, most dangerous Trade agreement in our history? It will impact every aspect of our lives going forward - jobs, women, the economy, agriculture... But you haven't heard about it on GMA. That's because GMA is INFOTAINMENT, NOT NEWS. The TPP is the biggest threat to our nation and yet we're fed a steady diet of Dancing With the Stars and Pop news by this program. Your focus on Lara or Robin or George is PERFECT to keep you from actually seeing what's happening.
  • Sara Haines ugggg!!

I love GMA but when it come to Sunday morning I just can't stomach it. Sara Haines has enough lip gloss on to share with the whole cast. She looks and acts like a cheerleader. Can't stand to watch it on Sunday's any more. The whole show is a free for all. I like Dan but mixed in with this cast he joins them in their 7th grade mentality.
  • News subttile. Nov 1, 2015

My husband and I are retired. He is a Vietnam vet. We enjoy reading the subtitles in the news. Today it is in blue. 67 yr old eyes cannot read it. Please change it back. Thank you
  • Please no more Lara Spencer!!

Lara Spencer on GMA is out of control and is acting too silly and needs to do kids' networks or only hgtv specials!! She is so in love with herself on camera and you all keep giving her more and more air time!! Are you kidding me?? She has turned the second half of GMA into silly POP news and is so silly that I would rather watch cartoons than her!! If the camera is on and Lara Spencer is in the takes everything!! Please give her her own show and get her off the air!! She is ruining GMA!!
  • I am a true ABC Fanatic except for GMA Lara Spencer

Dear ABC President and Executives:

I grew up on GMA since the 1970's but as I watch I am truly sick to my stomach having to listen and worse seeing Lara Spencer on the show. Do you really think that having someone constantly touching the guests making stupid comments and having the camera man put her on close up is at all necessary? I am having to switch channels when I see that Lara is on the show, when she is not on the show it makes it easier for me to watch. Do you not understand that we the viewers are making a solid request by asking and soon going to demand to take Lara off the show? She gives such unwarranted comments on the show just to almost every subject just to be on the screen. What's really HORRIBLE is seeing her at the anchor desk along side George S. when the most beautiful woman Robin Roberts is away on holiday. He reading of the teleprompter is something of a nightmare. I ask that you please release Lara Spencer out of her contract, she is bringing something to the table that truly dose not need to be there, and that is her in person. I watch the weekend GMA show and LOVE IT! I love the great Robin Roberts, George Stephanopoulos, Amy Robach, Ginger Zee that is what I watch the news for great people doing a great job. LARA SPENCER HAS TO GO!!!!! PLEASE you're losing too many viewers because of Lara.
  • No Longer a News Program

I have always loved GMA - in fact I watched it half the day on 9/11. The newest format and anchors are a real joke. The only people holding it together are George Stephanopoulos and Robin Roberts - they were always at the top of their game on the old GMA and still shine as great news and special interest anchors. The rest and the new format they have developed are going to be the reason I stop watching this show.

If I wanted to watch bad interviews, dancing of the stars constantly, and a lot of flirting, I would stay. The only reason I have stayed so long is for George and Robin. And what is the deal with having Michael on the show when he is on another mineless show on a competitive network? Good Morning America - I think I have watched you for the last time. It's too bad, because I have always supported the show. Not anymore.
  • Lara, let the guy talk!

Welcome back to the Lara Spencer Show! As she interviewed the young ball player today, she could not shut up and let HIM tell his story. She told the whole thing and just kind of asked for confirmation from him. Why must she do all the talking? It would have been so much more interesting for him to tell it in his own words. He seemed quite intelligent and well spoken.
  • GMA lineup

10/3-looks like GMA making Lara keep her mouth shut and sit on her hands- only until 8am-it's bearable now for the first hour, they need to work on the second.

9/3-it's becoming my morning routine to read these reviews to see what others thought of the show. So we all need to flip the remote and stay there. All morning yesterday I switched back and forth because who gives a $&@@ about dancing with the stars and watching Lara kicking her legs up, flailing her arms and flirting with everyone- Jesse Palmer included poor guy- today I'm staying on cbs and enjoying it so much more. I think we all keep wanting to support our old fav but it's time to make a permanant change. I love ginger and Amy and I enjoy George on Sunday am. We all need to change the channel for good. At the end of the day WE ARE STILL WATCHING IT, which is what they want us to do and gives the execs the numbers. I said it before and I'll say it again. The STUPEFICATION of America. With networks shows like what we currently have on the pm lineups on all nwrworks, loads of crap, our country is spiraling. Lara is who she is, she's just not being promoted on the right avenue for her own particular talents.

9/1. Geeze. Well the banner is gone, but lara in the anchor chair again, trying to keep her flailing arms in check but the sultry camera staring still, looks like she's trying though. She was quite out of control when she got back from vaca, I try to switch to other shows but they are all the same, full of pop news crap and dumb stories even CNN. why are we dumbing down America????? Looks like I'll just stick with TCM in the am and wait for David Muir to get the news

Top stories today : turned on to try again: goonies? Beyonc, ?? Really? to CNN. THE STUPEFICATION OF AMERICA IS HAPPENING EVERY MORNING on GMA

5/14 SHUT UP LARA. NOW changing channel

5/4-Lara is out of control (again)!today. Plz plz someone tone her down-why won't execs listen? I'm checking out nbc today.

3/24. YES!!!!! Finally GMA is worth watching today!!!! Fabulous without all that Pop news crap, sorry Lara but they really need to find you a different platform. Oh I'm loving my coffee today with GMA!!! Agree with previous poster 100%

2-20-I'd rather see veronica corningstone....

How rude, what is Lara's name doing on top billing? If you're going to put her name up there you can't leave out Amy and the incredible ginger zee... What are the execs thinking? Is Lara that self serving? Check out her facial expressions and interrupting, she's not genuine and doesn't care about anything in the conversation. And the gossip is not top bill-worthy. It's too weird and I might have to try NBC again. Aand I agree with the comment about the weekend show, really good dynamic there. Amy and ginger-revolt! It should be all or just robin and George. Half the stuff lara "reports"on is just not worth the breath. Oh, and Give ginger a chair!
  • An Idea for Improvement

I think getting rid of Lara Spencer may raise the ratings! She was not good on the Insider with Pat O'Brien and DEFINITELY NOT Good Morning America. She shows her "better than thou" attitude. As someone else said, she is NOT Good Morning America material. I love Ginger on there and happy when she started.

PLEASE ABC listen to your audience and place Laura Spencer elsewhere where she's not so annoying (behind the scenes maybe???)

. - not sure what the "Your Rating" means. Ratings for what?
  • if i could i would give it a zero

this infotainment crap has strayed so far from the actual news it cannot be categorized as a news program.

• You reward thugs????

I was absolutely appalled to see the two thugs that attacked that referee on your program this morning. They committed a crime and for it earned an all expense paid trip to New York and a national television appearance? This is part of what is wrong with our country.
  • Lara Spencer?!? REALLY??

Lara Spencer?!? If THAT is your focus, YOU'RE FALLING FOR IT!

"They" must absolutely LOVE it that so many reviewers are focused on something so trivial as Ms Spencer. As long as no one notices that viewers are being fed a steady stream of useless, mind numbing garbage like Dancing With the Stars and celebrity 'news', then Lara is a TOTAL SUCCESS!

WAKE UP! It's a puppet show and every anchor is a puppet whether you love them or hate them. Pure and simple.
  • Oh God, the socks!

What is up with the guys on GMA wearing clown socks! It seems Jessee Palmer started this trend and now the other guys are jumping on board. Can we not get past the high school need to fit in and do what everyone else is doing? Those socks are tacky. Especially with a suit. And Jesse, try wearing a suit that actually fits for a change. The one size too small jackets are not hot! And neither are the flood pants to display the clown socks.
  • I am done with GMA!

I cannot stand Lara Spencer!!! The fact that the top execs refuse to listen to what viewers think about her speaks volumes! I stopped watching GMA months ago when I realized the reason I had a headache in the morning was from Lara's nauseating voice!! I miss the days when GMA had good solid news! To tell you the truth, I also grew tired of George and Robin. You can just tell that George would rather be somewhere else! But Lara? She is a joke!! I see by these recent reviews that they (the idiots who run GMA) are still using Lara as an anchor in the morning, when Robin is away. Big mistake!!! HUGE MISTAKE!!
  • It's totally my fault :o/

It's my fault for defining news too stringently. Perhaps I should learn from GMA which has a different concept of what constitutes an important, newsworthy story.

Foolishly, I considered the flood of refugees clawing their way out of Syria as a story worthy of significant coverage. GMA saved me from myself by giving it a passing nod whilst focusing on the much more important and crucial topics like:

- Dancing With The Stars

- Summer Concerts Series

- Recipes, fashion and make up tutorials

- The Bachelor/Bachelorette latest melt downs

- Sales on your favorite crap you don't really need to buy

- Interviews with celebrities

- Celebrity feuds

- Celebrity fashion

- And generally ALL pop news

- And DANCING WITH THE STARS (oh wait. I already said that one)

Dispensing with the sarcasm: It's all puppetry. GMA is owned. The rich and powerful control the information we get through major networks. You'll find better, more truthful coverage of events on Periscope or Reddit.

• GMA and ABC - for Disney fans!

For the past three days we have been subjected to gravel voiced Lara Spencer sitting in the anchor chair next to George and looking like the cat who swallowed the canary. What is wrong with you people at GMA? You have an authentic, professional anchor sitting in the side chair next to the blonde bimbo you insist on shoving down our throats! With that breathy voice and that tinge of excitement with which she announces everything, she sounds like she should be calling out bingo number. There is NO WAY Lara Spencer is anchor material. So folks, c'mon over to NBC, because - unlike GMA - they actually have more news and less fluff, and they have a professional, easy-on-the-eyes and ears team in their lineup. And while I'm at it - the NBC news website is heads and tails above the ABC site. My last day of looking at ABC was when I saw "Kim Karskankians pregnancy lips" touted on ABC's front page!!! How utterly disgusting. I'm sure this picture appealed to the 17 . males out there! On second thought, perhaps it is appropriate that the Disney corporation owns ABC, as most of the crap on their ABC site is suited for just that - hairbrained idiots. Buh bye ABC.

8/06: Dear ABC/GMA: I don't think I need to belabor this anymore, so suffice it to say - when my local ABC news slid into GMA this morning and I heard "the voice", I picked up the remote. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about! By the way, does Robin still work there??? After her big raise/promotion she seems to be working part-time!

7/29/15: I agree with so many contributors below. I thought ABC/GMA had finally figured out that Amy Robach is the right fit for the anchor chair when Robin is gone (which seems to be increasingly frequent). But yesterday and today - UGH! As soon as I hear that gravely voice, I reach for the remote! Lara Spencer is NOT anchor material. She belongs on a more entertainment-based (or gossip) type show, or perhaps she is also good on the garage sale show. I just do not care for her personality or her delivery style. Period. I think she thinks she is "all that", but if so, she's one of the few that feel that way. And, she needs to cut that long-dog hair of hers - it is not flattering to her face. Please use Amy when Robin is away (or Cecelia Vega or one of the other professional news women). Lara is just not the person to anchor your show, and if the "powers that be" at ABC don't get it, they must have their heads in the sand!

I have to agree with the previous writer. Lara Spencer has never been - nor will she ever be - responsible for any of the success GMA has had. ABC can thank Joan Lunden and David Hartman, followed by Diane Sawyer and Charlie Gibson or the success of GMA. These anchors were/are solid, professional news reporters, and did not spend their time acting goofy or making stupid jokes and pouty lips to the cameras. Lara has never been anything on GMA other than an entertainment (gossip) reporter, and that's where her talent ends. Period. However, if GMA keeps trying to shove her down our throats as an anchor, she WILL be responsible for their crash in the ratings. Amy is right up there with Diane Sawyer. Her demeanor is polished and professional, her voice pleasant, and she exudes the class one would expect of a news anchor. I also like Ginger - who does a great job with the weather. You don't see ABC trying to make her a news anchor tho'. I have been pleased the last couple of days to see Amy sitting next to George (as it should be) in Robin's absence.

I think it should be called "LIVE! with George, Robin, Amy, Ginger, Michael and Lara" -- to be followed by the other "Live" show :-/. This no longer resembles a morning new show -- it is more like Entertainment This Morning.

Clearly ABC-GMA is pandering to the 20-something audience. Their morning "news" show has hardly anything to do with news or what's going on in the world - and way more to do with celebrities, gossip, fashion and rap music (which is not really "music", but more of a blathering of words at a fast pace that you cannot understand). This is what GMA is all about. I wouldn't be surprised to see them start a slate of "celebrity anchors" - perhaps Kim Kartrashian would be a good fit for them! In any case, if you would like to see a calmer, more balanced morning news show I would suggest Today, CBS This Morning or CNN. Their formats are much calmer than GMA, their anchors are more polished and professional, and you don't have to put up with the gravel-voiced Lara Spencer (who the producers of GMA keep trying to shove down our throats as an anchor). Amy - if I were you I would extricate yourself from this pathetic excuse for a morning news show and align yourself with something worthy of your professionalism and poise. You and George are too good for GMA.

Wonderful to see Amy Robach sitting in the anchor chair next to George this morning. A polished and professional news team Refreshing!

Finally GMA - an anchor team worth watching! I loved seeing Amy and David together this morning! They are poised and professional, and really elevate the status of your show. Amy is an anchor moving up along the lines of Diane Sawyer - and David, well, what more can you say than perfect - Mr. World News Tonight! Thanks for finally giving us a team worth watching. I agree with the previous reviewer - a breath of fresh air without Lara Spencer oogling the cameras.
  • Lara Spencer

Lara Spencer has been a great pop news commentator. I am sorry but I absolutely cannot watch her delivering next to George. Why not Amy? I have watched this show for the past 25 years every morning. Now I am changing over to NBC. Please have Lara do what she does best. Not the news!
  • Lara delivering news next to George!

Lara's strength is pop news. When she is sitting next to George (which I can't believe he tolerates since they aren't even in the same league) I must switch to NBC. LOVE George, Robin, Amy and Ginger. Your bench strength in reporters in strong enough to have a real news person fill in for Robin. And her name on banner in intro??? Really?
  • I am done with GMA

Geesh I am officially done with GMA, Lara is so unprofessional ! I turned over to the TODAY Show and now I am officially a follower! ABC just won't take the hint!
  • Little League World Series! Not Kanye!

I usually LOVE GMA, but I can't understand why they would put a self serving awards show ahead of acknowledging the highest scoring LLWS game. We did not win but those boys played one Hell of a game!! Please, think about priorities. These "Rock Stars" behave like the fake wrestlers. Its all contrived and not the least bit NEWS!

The comments Sara made to Ron during a story about Pizza where very rude in my opinion. She made it clear that if you ate pizza with a fork like her you where considered warm. But if you ate pizza like Ron you where predictable. Then she states who wants to be predictable. Incidences like this is the reason everyone is trying to figure out why the guy killed the two reporters. All races perceive comments differently. Comments that don't seem offensive to you might be insulting to the next person. Mrs Sara that was not a good look for you this morning. Please apologize to Ron.
  • Really Sara!