Good Morning America

Weekdays 7:00 AM on ABC Premiered Nov 03, 1975 In Season

AprilFox

Good Morning America Fan Reviews (303)

5.8
  • Lara!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Arghhhhh!!!!!!!!

When is Lara Spencer's contract up? I am a woman and all for equality but she does not do a good job at all! Too much attempting to look sexy for the camera. She hogs interviews and I have noticed that although she is skinny, she takes up more space at the desk by spreading her arms and gripping the desk edge. To top it off, she thinks she is funny with her silly puns. I think Dan Harris should be considered as a viable replacement for her. I am not saying she is an unattractive person.

She is just not the sexpot she thinks she is. Morning news programs can be informative as well as entertaining. Maybe Lara could move to Access Hollywood or ET or one of those other "star studded" shows.
  • LARA?????????????????

I have been watching this show forever. PLEASE, PLEASE get Lara out of the news seat. If you need someone to fill in, let it be Amy, she is polished, poised and beautiful and doesn't need to keep looking at the camera and making strange faces. Lara has a personality adjustment when she sits next to George. She doesn't have the experience and is not the right person to deliver serious news, it just comes out all wrong. I can't understand the producers of this show, get her out of that chair NOW.
  • Lara Spencer Annoyance

4.5
    GMA used to be a great start of a morning until Lara Spencer arrived. Her antics of trying to garner more camera time is deplorable. Where to has the professionalism gone? It's ,definitely, a struggle to watch GMA since her arrival. I now channel surf during Lara's segments. Bring back the professionalism and quality of GMA and . Holmes. . Holmes would be a great permanent addition to show, Michael Strahan ; not so much.

The respectability of the show has slowly gone out the door, ie; Lara Spencer.
  • I loved GMA

For years I have watched GMA , but I believe it is over for me. I love Robin and could put up with most of the changes. As much as I enjoyed Sam and Josh I could live with their leaving. Lara being made a co-host is another matter. Lara is fluff not a news person. She is fine on cat stories, but not on anything serious. Its time to look for a new morning show. I understand Josh's no compete time is up maybe he will be on Today!! Update!!! 7/29/2015 You know how they say once you have a customer you have to beat them away with a stick. Well they have beat me enough with that want a be anchor. Lara can have GMA , I'm going to CBS and get my morning news and not have to watch her antics. I hear a giant swoosh!!!!!
  • Cast 7/27/15

Scanned past GMA, 7/28/15, saw Michael, didn't understand a thing he said.

I see TJ Holmes has joined the ABC news team. They're starting to get something right. Now if they would please replace Michael with TJ as a permanent host they'd really have something.

Very good cast on, Monday 7/27/15. Sorry all you Lara don't likes but I love her, especially compared with the part time Tuesdays & Thursdays cast member (I switch to Today on those days). I would like to see a specific African American that comes on the show once in a while as a permanent cast member but I can't find his name anywhere in my GMA searches. He's thin & very refreshing to watch & listen to. If someone could answer this I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

I'm rating GMA for today's cast only.

Must be mostly women in this forum otherwise there'd by no dislike of Lara. And Michael Strahan should stick with defensive tackle since entertaining he is not.
  • Have to be honest about most of the ladies ........

When someone says something slightly comical, the ladies belly laugh so phonily it makes you wonder how George and Michael don't puke. The ladies have morphed into Lara wannabees. Don't need more of Lara clowns. One's enough.
  • WOW! GMA finally got it right with Amy filling in for Robin! Update: 7/27/15 I'm DONE! Lara Spencer in robins sear ugh cannot stand her

I was just about to try going back to watching the Today show because I find Lara Spencer so grating with her narcsisistic antics and delivery but this morning GMA has paired Amy with George instead of Lara. I moved to GMA after being a long time Today show watcher but switched to GMA when Ann Curry was forced out. Unfortunately, I can barely watch some mornings because of the non- news, focus on celebrity and cat videos but recently, have been more impressed w GMA; having the professional David Muir and appealing Dan Harris this summer and now finally putting Amy with George I'm wondering if the executives are listening to their watchers. Honestly I don't want to be mean toward Lara but she just brings the show down to such an unprofessional level I would prefer not to have to listen, watch or see her in any capacity. I do like Michael Strahan just not on GMA- I'd REALLY like a professional show!

Oh no.... I spoke too soon... Lara still on talking about Pluto- I guess at least she's not sitting with George.......
  • Lara Spencer needs to go!!!

2.5
    She is truly insincere and obviously annoying to her colleagues. Poor George, Robin, and Amy!
  • Morning TV should be safe for families

Nikki Minaj does not belong on morning TV! There were so many bleeps, that should be a clue it was inappropriate. I was VERY offended that ABC applauded this performance!

Pretty sad when a pretty girl has to do music and choreography like that to get applause and fans!

Shame on ABC!
  • Lara Spencer - WHY?

Since when did GMA become the Lara Spenser show. Not good!
  • Why is this not on the news?????

0DrQ-CjhJONok-A4C36WuWI9qLaPfWbVs/
  • Nikki Minaj is not for morning tv!

Good Morning America, what are you thinking? Nikki Minaj and all her moves are not for morning tv. You can censor her words but those body movements were just plain obscene!
  • GMA lineup

5.5
    Top stories today : turned on to try again: goonies? Beyonc, ?? Really? to CNN. THE STUPEFICATION OF AMERICA IS HAPPENING EVERY MORNING on GMA

5/14 SHUT UP LARA. NOW changing channel

5/4-Lara is out of control (again)!today. Plz plz someone tone her down-why won't execs listen? I'm checking out nbc today.

3/24. YES!!!!! Finally GMA is worth watching today!!!! Fabulous without all that Pop news crap, sorry Lara but they really need to find you a different platform. Oh I'm loving my coffee today with GMA!!! Agree with previous poster 100%

2-20-I'd rather see veronica corningstone....

How rude, what is Lara's name doing on top billing? If you're going to put her name up there you can't leave out Amy and the incredible ginger zee... What are the execs thinking? Is Lara that self serving? Check out her facial expressions and interrupting, she's not genuine and doesn't care about anything in the conversation. And the gossip is not top bill-worthy. It's too weird and I might have to try NBC again. Aand I agree with the comment about the weekend show, really good dynamic there. Amy and ginger-revolt! It should be all or just robin and George. Half the stuff lara "reports"on is just not worth the breath. Oh, and Give ginger a chair!
  • Loosing interest!

4.5
    I started watching GMA about 5 years ago, I was a long standing viewer with The Today Show. I was disappointed when Josh Elliott and Sam Champion left, but love Ginger Zee and Amy Robach.

That being said, I find myself changing channels when Lara Spencer comes on. Its hard to take her as a serious journalist! She doesn't seem sincere and her demeanor appears unprofessional to me.
  • Losing my love for Good Morning America!

I have been one of your biggest fans and viewer since the late 70's. I have always looked forward to watching Good Morning America every morning whether I was home or on the road. I now find myself turning the show off or not turning it on at all because of the unprofessional behavior of your "pop news" reporter Lara Spencer. Her demeanor is silly, flirty with everyone she is allowed to interview in addition to it being obvious that she seeks attention for herself by talking over your guests and making sure the camera is on her. All of this takes away from what Good Morning America is all about and in my opinion is bringing the program down. It is very obvious that there is some uneasiness among your anchor team. It also appears, and I may be wrong, that Robin Roberts makes every effort to protect Lara, no matter how annoying her actions are. Your team of George, Robin, Amy and Ginger are great and maintain the level of professionalism this program deserves whether it's reporting or interviewing. Yes, I do understand incorporating humor and lightness in your programing, however, Lara appears to be more into herself than trying to relate to the viewers. Maybe she is just out of her league and is nervous. Whatever the reason, it's very annoying and I am so sorry that I find myself viewing Good Morning America less and less. Maybe if you just restrict her to "Pop News" and nothing else, or just replace her altogether. I have been holding on to commenting hoping the producers could see what the viewers see, however, this morning was the breaking point for me. This might fall on deaf ears but thanks for reading my comment.
  • Lara the Flirt .... ewwwww!

Lara is a huge flirt, very unprofessional and starving for attention. I am so disappointed in GMA, how can they have this woman on GMA! It is no wonder she is going through a divorce, she flirts with all the men on her segments and can't keep her hands off of people. I could see if she was smoking hot to have that much confidence, but that is not the case (just looks desperate and is trying too hard to be sexy). Maybe with all that money she will get some surgery so maybe men will start to flirt with only seem uncomfortable at this point. Love Ginger (super classy & beautiful) and George you keep us all coming back!
  • Lower Standards at GMA.

One of the shining jewels in the crown of ABC News is tarnished daily with mindless chatter and fidgeting of Lara Spencer. Giving her star billing alongside Robin and George simply doesn't make sense.

All of this points to show content decisions made at the management level of ABC News.

The first half-hour is good hard news & weather. The second hour of GMA is turned over the Spencer breathlessly reporting on "Stars you love on the red carpet," promotional footage of a just-released movie, cute babies and puppies and other pulp magazine nonsense.

You can trace this editorial decline back to the departure of Sam and Josh, both seemingly kicked off the boat by ABC management. (Too much 'bromance?')

Up until that point, GMA had a real team that worked well with each other. They actually seemed to bond, especially during Robin's battle with cancer.

While I confess that I love videos of cute puppies, GMA sure ain't what it was.

One exception: Amy Rohrbach. A solid anchor who seems to avoid the nonsense at the other end of the desk.
  • Fresh air with Lara not there!!!!!!

The show is SO much better when Lara is not there. She always tries to dominate the conversation and add rude and ridiculous comments. She is ruining the show's credibility! She REALLY needs to GO!!!!!! I really do change the channel when she is on because she annoys me so much. I have been a faithful GMA fan for over 20 years and I am now considering watching CBS in the morning because of LARA!!!! DO NOT LET LARA SIT IN THE ANCHOR CHAIR!!!!!!! Personality is fine on the show but not the goofy and sexually perverse comments of Lara. Robin is supposedly starting an anti-bullying campaign and Lara is the quintessential MEAN GIRL. She is mean spirited, rude, and condescending. When she attempts to interview someone , she NEVER let's them even talk. She jumps in and hogs the entire segment ESPECIALLY if it is home decor! She does NOT have any interest in ANYONES opinion except for her own!!!!!!Ridiculous to allow her to interview anyone because she NEVER LISTENS to anyone!!!!
  • Can ABC really put Lara Spencer next to George S. and not expect George to leave?

4.5
    I usually have to leave the room whenever Lara is on camera for a "story". Putting her name on the shows opening banner is such an insult to Robin and George. What or who is she doing to deserve even a place on the show much less a banner spot? Amy is so much more polished and pleasant. Please ABC, put Lara back in her slot as a filler program/junk shopping show! She obviously offends so many people you really should act on your viewers reactions .
  • gma ,What used to be

I watched GMA for many years, now I cannot tolerate the constant commercials and fluff!! You have ruined what used to be a great show!!! Now break for yet another commercial.........
  • Lara Spencer

My 14 year old grand daughter is more mature than Lara. I never thought I would change the channel but this women is so not talented acts luge the court jester. Bad as she is her antics are worse when Robin is on. We all know Robin picked her and feeds into her antics she tries to up stage everyone even animals. There will be no more GMA in my house till the silly goose knows her place. One good thing they no longer let her do the news thank you for that. So I bid you farewell GMA. Hope you all fair well and don't let the queen of idiocy bring you all down
  • Amy Robach - an excellent anchor!

I have to agree with the previous writer. Lara Spencer has never been - nor will she ever be - responsible for any of the success GMA has had. ABC can thank Joan Lunden and David Hartman, followed by Diane Sawyer and Charlie Gibson or the success of GMA. These anchors were/are solid, professional news reporters, and did not spend their time acting goofy or making stupid jokes and pouty lips to the cameras. Lara has never been anything on GMA other than an entertainment (gossip) reporter, and that's where her talent ends. Period. However, if GMA keeps trying to shove her down our throats as an anchor, she WILL be responsible for their crash in the ratings. Amy is right up there with Diane Sawyer. Her demeanor is polished and professional, her voice pleasant, and she exudes the class one would expect of a news anchor. I also like Ginger - who does a great job with the weather. You don't see ABC trying to make her a news anchor tho'. I have been pleased the last couple of days to see Amy sitting next to George (as it should be) in Robin's absence.

I think it should be called "LIVE! with George, Robin, Amy, Ginger, Michael and Lara" -- to be followed by the other "Live" show :-/. This no longer resembles a morning new show -- it is more like Entertainment This Morning.

Clearly ABC-GMA is pandering to the 20-something audience. Their morning "news" show has hardly anything to do with news or what's going on in the world - and way more to do with celebrities, gossip, fashion and rap music (which is not really "music", but more of a blathering of words at a fast pace that you cannot understand). This is what GMA is all about. I wouldn't be surprised to see them start a slate of "celebrity anchors" - perhaps Kim Kartrashian would be a good fit for them! In any case, if you would like to see a calmer, more balanced morning news show I would suggest Today, CBS This Morning or CNN. Their formats are much calmer than GMA, their anchors are more polished and professional, and you don't have to put up with the gravel-voiced Lara Spencer (who the producers of GMA keep trying to shove down our throats as an anchor). Amy - if I were you I would extricate yourself from this pathetic excuse for a morning news show and align yourself with something worthy of your professionalism and poise. You and George are too good for GMA.

Wonderful to see Amy Robach sitting in the anchor chair next to George this morning. A polished and professional news team Refreshing!

Finally GMA - an anchor team worth watching! I loved seeing Amy and David together this morning! They are poised and professional, and really elevate the status of your show. Amy is an anchor moving up along the lines of Diane Sawyer - and David, well, what more can you say than perfect - Mr. World News Tonight! Thanks for finally giving us a team worth watching. I agree with the previous reviewer - a breath of fresh air without Lara Spencer oogling the cameras.
  • I smell a rat

Lara Spencer helped guide GMA to #1 status. She and Sam Champion were the stars of the show. Sam left-I along with so many others still feel his loss with the silly and vapid Ginger. Very interesting how all this anti-Lara stuff-more like a campaign- has happened after Amy came on board and has been jockeying for a bigger role. I think an investigation of these snarky comments may reveal the real culprit.
  • Worth watching

With Robin and Lara missing from GMA, it was actually refreshing. I didn't have to flip to Today Show.

• Lies upon lies

It is disgusting how they twist stories. Not only do they twist what people have said in interviews, but they flat out lie about facts. They do this to tell the story they want to tell, but not what really happens
  • Robin Roberts gives Lara Spencer a shove out of the way

Yes, Lara is out of control; but that is no reason for Robin to physically shove her and tell her to move this morning. Disgusting behavior by both lately.
  • Switched off GMA to Today!

I made the switch to the Today Show this morning. Lara Spencer is over animated and it's terribly embarrassing to watch her on GMA. Her along with Amy are too comfortable on the air and turn the program into a joke. I like to see the comradery among anchors, but both blondes are demanding of air time and offer their two cents after every segment. Amy's ridiculous puns and Lara's constant need for attention are awkward and uncomfortable. I'd like to see GMA replace both ladies. Maybe Jesse Palmer could be a regular anchor. He's such a well-spoken individual and extremely likeable. Best of luck to ABC, they will continue to lose viewers while these two run the show.
  • Lara has gone from irritating to insufferable - can't watch any more.

Lara has become completely unwatchable. The more she attempts to dominate others - whether co-hosts or guests - the more it is clear she is a narcissist. It's as if she believes she's queen and her job is to reign over GMA. Each appearance is her chance to strut and get her fix of attention - it's like she's feeding off her imagined self-importance. Every time she appears on camera she is brazenly flirting, domineering, and bulldozing those around her. Doesn't GMA realize that it is awkward and embarrassing to viewers? We don't want to watch her trying to monopolize and overshadow others. A good interview allows us to focus on the interviewee, not wish someone would gag the interviewer. Please teach her proper etiquette or fire her. I cannot watch any longer. A man would never get away with behaving like that on tv - I cannot fathom why you are promoting a woman who does so.
  • ABC Doesn't Listen to Its Viewers

I watch a lot of abc tv and have had to write to them on many issues (news, shows being cancelled, political imbalance, . On GMA, Lara is irritating and frankly not news anchor material. GMA is nothing but fluff anymore. If you want to know what's going on in the world, watch CNN or Fox News. If you like the Kardashian kind of fluff, then GMA is the show to watch. PS Keep Amy, get rid of Lara, punish George, bring Robin down off her pedestal, and add a little more "news" to the show,, then it will be worth watching.
  • THINK GMA LIKES THE BAD PRESS......

I agree with so many of the comments below regarding Lara Spencer. Why isn't GMA listening? She is the most annoying, irritating person on the show. We are all so over her posing and acting like a silly teenager, and flirting for the camera! No one can get a word in from her continuous silly jokes that she thinks are funny. No one thinks she is funny but her. She just talks and talks and talks until I change the station. Enough already!!!!! UGH! How embarrassing for the other anchors. I will stay with The TODAY show until ABC wakes up.