Good Morning America

Weekdays 7:00 AM on ABC Premiered Nov 03, 1975 In Season

Good Morning America Fan Reviews (544)

5.2
  • "Good" Morning America??

I am so sad for the decline of the GMA. As many others, I have been a loyal watcher for many years. I have watched the show become a confusing mess in the focus and production of what was a very well "put together" show a few years ago. The higher-ups responsible for the confusing and biased viewpoints and programming really should be fired. The last year has been awful. George and Robin start out the show in a negative, snobbish way and bounce from one reporter/segment to another. George's recent constant coverage on the "wire tapping" issue was fine until there was evidence discovered of surveillance of Trump and then, only a brief statement on the matter. Fair coverage has ended and the show has become so unprofessional. George must always get the last word with his viewpoint evident. It really feels like a "gotcha" show rather than informative with a level of respect and emotional intelligence for those they interview. It is evident the show is losing the ability to have respected and informed guests due to their lack of professional behavior. The election and White House reporting was and is the worst I have ever seen in the negativity toward the Republican party. The day after the election was ridiculous in the tone of the entire show. Cecilia Vega is in way over her head as a White House Correspondent and frequently makes biased statements such as this morning about the ACA vote and how "it will set the tone of the entire term of the white house" (or something equally melodramatic) when she should be reporting the facts and quoting those that are actual players in the government. It only demonstrates her lack of ability to have those people talk with her to provide quotes. GMA has Lara and Sara Haines act like a clowns and air-heads. Their role is insulting and I'm sure they are far above the level of reporting currently present. George is not meant to be one of the first people seen first thing in the morning. "Good Morning America" just isn't "Good" anymore. Does anyone get a "Good Morning" vibe from him? I don't see how and his negativity, opinionated and condescending tone benefits the show. I turn the channel and eventually fast forward past his segments. Robin appears robotic and has lost her authenticity. She seems as though she is too good for the show and takes a matriarchal tone with the others. This week, the joking and disrespectful lack of attention on Tory Johnson's segment was so sad. I bet the companies involved in the promotions were very disappointed. The slapstick humor is out of control. The news is incomplete and biased. The show is all over the place with an audience that looks out of place and distracting. GMA get over yourself and go back to the formula of fair reporting, hosts that are respected because they do their jobs well and earn back the trust you have lost. Get rid of George as a "anchor" and let him stay on "news only" venues. Dan Harris should replace him. Robin should transition out of the show and allow Amy Robach to take the anchor chair. Trahan should only cover sports and shouldn't be at the table looking awkward and out of place. CJ or Jesse are much more capable. Ginger and Rob do a great job. With Amy and Dan at the news desk, the other correspondents and contributors will raise the bar as well. Martha, Cokie, Ron, Geo and Jake (please move Cecilia to a secondary support role) are respected, fair and have the experience to do what they do best. Nancy Grace, Matthew Doyd, and the other dramatic people with little professionalism need to be removed. Allow professionalism, respect and compassion in all interviews with factual questioning. Get rid of the one-sided opinions and deliver fair reporting. Have a transparent and fair balance of conservative/progressive viewpoints, conventional/unconventional, Democrat/Republican. DO NOT have correspondents that overtly demonstrate their personal preferences without equal representation. If they cannot report both sides, they do not need to be considered professional reporters. Tell the truth, tell the story and leave the slanted, subversive brainwashing tactics to the junk shows.
  • Where in the World is Lara Spencer

I am a fan of GMA, and I have not seen Lara on in a long time. Is she still with the show? Enquiring minds would like top know
  • Good Morning America!

Well George finally found out that President Trump WAS spied on, George wanted to know if President Trump would apologize if he lied!!! How about you, George, will you apologize to OUR President???? You were Sooo sure you were right!!!
  • Why not?

Why are you not reporting on the 14 year old high school student in Maryland who was brutally raped in the high school bathroom by 2 illegals??? 17 & 19 year old illegal immigrant males permitted to attend school, in a freshman high school class . Interesting how you didn't report this, not only on GMA, but no where on ABC. You (and by that I mean mainstream media) are obsessed with Russian ties to the Trump campaign but you are behaving as if you were being ruled by Putin and Russia, by reporting on only what makes your democratic party look good (through your rose colored glasses). You do not represent most Americans, you represent your very tiny bubble. STOP YOUR BIASED PROPAGANDA "NEWS", PEOPLE ARE PAYING ATTENTION. ps: George donated $75k to the Clinton Campaign. (shhhhh)
  • SHUT UP LARA

ABC when will you learn. Viewers can't stand her. Same goes for George, Michael and Robin!!!!!!!!!!
  • This is not "This Week" with George!

If we wanted to watch the political debates that are constant with George and who ever is on his list for the day - we would watch it on his Sunday program! This is ruining GMA!! Not so much political news!!

• Michael Strahan

1.5
    Is ABC that desperate for talent to take Michael Strahan and give him such an important spot on GMA with his "less than" articulate ability? What is the real reason?

I have been watching Today!!!!!!!!
  • Michael Strahan

2.5
    How does GMA figure their latest we are together promo will save their ratings. They need to move Strahan off the show and put Amy back.

I have watched GMA this week because Strahan is not on show. The team synergy is so much better without him. ABC wake up and move him off show
  • Amy needs more exposure

Amy is such a true professional journalist. Why is she not front and center the whole hour? Sad how much the show has changed and not for the good. What do you value? It's more entertainment than news. Give us more Amy!

• Not a news show

Really, GMA??? You spent the entire first segment on a Monday morning on the Oscars??? THIS IS NOT NEWS!!!!! With all the stories you could be covering this morning, political, social, weather, you think we want to hear about what overpriced, arrogant, Hollywood actors won a prize??? Is this what you've come to?? NEWSFLASH: This is NOT news. This is NOT reality. And, by the way, your disrespect for our president is DISGRACEFUL!
  • Michael Strahan makes GMA worth watching again

Michael Strahan has been such a breath of fresh air at GMA. I was about to switch to Today. After Sam Champion and Josh Elliott left it got so boring. I LOVE the addition of Michael Strahan.
  • Real Life Interview with Raye Montague

I am a native New Yorker who moved to Richmond, VA over forty years ago and return to visit family there often. I watch GMA regularly. I thought the interview this morning with Raye Montague was excellent and very humbling. I loved Janelle Monae's appreciation of the role she plays in Hidden Figures (my choice for movie of the year). Raye Montague was one of the most delightful celebrities you have hosted and so down to earth. When she stated her pride in being the first PERSON to have designed that submarine she brought me to tears. Kudos on a great show!
  • Sad to Leave

Dear GMA, thank-you for years of news and entertainment. I began watching during the days of Joan Lundon and was hooked when you sent the GMA team to Europe - especially Scotland! I still enjoy most aspects of your show - especially most of your cast. Sadly, your recent coverage of the president has been so uncharacteristically negative that it has left me feeling depressed and even frightened. I am a simple person - a public librarian, mom, and grandma. I watched the president's recent press conference and found it to be inspiring. He doesn't always use the right words when he speaks because he is not a politician and sometimes I even cringe at his choice of words. But his good intentions were loud and clear. When I turned on GMA the next morning with a light heart, expecting to see an honest recap, I could not believe the negativity I saw. George's panel that politely mocked the president for his 'theatrical' performance was unprofessional. I have not always supported Donald Trump, but please give the man a fair shake! In addition, some of the positive things that the president reported on were news to me because I didn't hear about them on GMA. Even though Fox and Friends is an obviously biased show, at least I can start my morning without a knot in my stomach after watching them. Hatred is a toxin that poisons our language whether we intend it to or not. I don't need to start my morning with a cup of vitriol. So I am switching my morning show after almost thirty years. I will miss you Robin Roberts. :(
  • Hello

When Michael goes on the TV goes off.
  • Robin Roberts- Complete Phony

I believe that Robin Roberts comes off in an extremely phony, overly confident manner. I cringe when she interviews celebrities with her multiple, grandios, over the top compliments. Sometimes the celebrities just gaze at her with this look of wonder, because it seems even they think that she's sucking up to them. Her compliments really do seem fake and forced. It's her down-home, old timey, saccharine sweet dialogue that just really irks me.

It's also clear that Robin does the same glad-handing with her co-anchors. She really has this forced, well rehearsed reaction to her colleagues' banter. Her incessant head nodding (as if she wants to appear agreeable to all, no matter what the subject may be) and "serious anchor face" are really produced and hard to believe. She's even laughed out loud at a quip or pun and you can just tell that it's all for the camera. She doesn't bring a uniqueness or a memorable personality to the news desk.

I also don't think that a live television news show should be used to talk about the private lives of a host. A simple story to benefit the public is fine, but the incessant coverage of Robin's illnesses and family members and vacations and awards really don't belong on this show. This is not a daytime talk show. Her private life should remain private with the exception of one story to alert the public about prevention and/or alternative care options regarding health. We don't need or want constant coverage. Robin is not an She is a sports reporter and anchor. I really think ABC made a mistake with all of the coverage they have centered around Robin, as this is not well-rounded morning news.

One final thought, because you're now going to notice this all the time and remember this op-ed piece. It seems to me that Robin will NEVER miss an opportunity to interject herself into a story to say, "I've done that, I've had that, I know him, I've been there, I have It's the most predictable aspect of the show. We really just need the facts, the story and the basic information. What we don't need is the Robin Roberts hour.
  • What happened

1.5
    GMA used to be our favorite morning show to watch. This has changed over the past couple of months. We tried to stay tuned in for a short period of time at the beginning but eventually had to change to other sources of morning news.

1. George is very disrespectful to anyone from the Republican Party. I am not saying that is who we voted for but I don't tolerate disrespect to anyone. How he treats Kellyanne and others that don't agree with him or answer his questions the way he wants them to is outrageous. I am thoroughly ashamed that you call him an anchor and keep him on. I know the media has the right to voice their opinions but as an anchor for a major news station I would highly recommend someone talking to him and pretty much the entire staff (not all) about being non biased. Lately there have been times when he is done interviewing someone live that he actually makes a comment to the other anchors and national public about them and not providing truthful answers. The only one who is not being truthful with the public is him. I respect our President no matter who he/she is, and respect the fact that they want to obtain all the facts before making a decision. Something George has definitely lost over the past several months. We all have the freedom to speech, so I truly believe that GMA is tying to sway viewers one was (which is to the Left) since the majority if not all on the show are. It seems like they don't care if they are providing us the viewers the truth or not as long as they get the last word in.

It is truly sad your show has sunk to this level of coverage. I enjoyed what you had going and now that is over. I hope you take these comments seriously because I do believe you can change the many beliefs listed below and mine to make a good morning news broadcast but for now, I can't watch with all the allegations without facts that your cast talks about.

Thanks for allowing me the change to voice my opinion. Hopefully you can work with your anchors and make it worth watching again.
  • George Needs to Go

I've been a faithful GMA fan since 1977. The last few weeks of George have done me in. Today was the last straw. I tune in to get my day started with what's going on in the world and his bias and tone are not what I'm looking for in a morning show. You're not going to raise your ratings with what has become another political show. He's taken the "Good" right out of Good Morning America.

Bye Bye GMA.

Heartbreak on Valentine's Day
  • George

Get rid of George! He sucks! He's over paid!
  • Napolean GMA

Any chance of getting Dr. Phil to help George with his Napolean complex? Whenever he is losing his bullying tactics he reverts to 'we will move on'. He needs to go. If you can't remember you gave $75K to the democratic party and can't understand how middle America lives, he is in the wrong profession. Even if he is the 1%.
  • Goodbye GMA

So finished w/ GMA. Boring
  • No Longer A GMA Viewer

I was a diehard GMA viewer going back to the Charlie and Diane days. When they promoted Lara I cringed but kept watching except the days she filled in in the lead anchor chair. On those days I would switch to CBS This Morning. I never understood why they would use Lara to fill in for Robin when they had a professional news anchor like Amy. If I was George I would be insulted having Lara next to me in the lead chair. Lara is a good trash reporter meaning she's good with stories on the Kardashians and such. And I hated when she would look at the monitor and watch herself. Really Larra?!? I thought that would be one of the first things they taught you in TV school NOT to do. When they brought Michael Strahan on part time I cringed again and would switch to CBS This Morning when Michael had a story (unless it was a sports story) but would end up switching back to GMA after a bit. When it was announced Strahan would be joining full time I had enough and now only watch CBS This Morning. Love the format they have. There's only 3 anchors so it easier to watch. No one is fighting for camera time and no egos. Their tag line is "The News Is Back In The Morning" which is what I'm looking for. Sorry GMA. I tried, but you lost me,

• Please Don't Overlook Part of Your Audience

I have been working at home for the last 3 years and have been a loyal GMA watcher and fan. While I know most of the on-camera (and execs) are biased to liberal views and do not support Trump, I have always been able to watch and enjoy the show. As a mostly conservative individual (neither registered as democrat or republican), I actually enjoy hearing all points of view and I like to make up my own mind about how I believe. However, since the presidential election, I have found it very difficult to watch. Many of the GMA staff are disrespectful to the POTUS. Don't assume that your entire audience is in agreement with your views. GMA should be a show that is both informative and entertaining for ALL to watch no matter what our political views are instead of two hours filled with bashing the President and conservative elected officials. It is like you are trying to critique every single detail about the POTUS and turn them around to be negative. You don't even give him a chance. You are so critical of him. Please just report the news and don't make such efforts to bring him down.

Contrary to most of the other commenters, I like Michael Strahan. I was a fan on Live! and have always liked his personality. I do think it is odd how he was brought to the forefront while others like Amy Robach and even Lara were placed in the background. The person I absolutely cannot watch and I just flip over to something else when she comes on is Martha Raddatz. Never have I seen a reporter on a reputable news show (not a commentary) for a large, diverse audience show so much emotion, so much hostility toward the POTUS. I can watch all of the others but she is unbearable for me. Seems like she is filled with absolute hate for the POTUS and even sort of laughs at him and makes light of him and assumes that all GMA viewers are on board with her feelings. Please do not continue to have her on the show. I have been tolerant enough and I am close to changing the channel altogether.

Please try to be a bit more respectful to the POTUS and your conservative viewers. Please don't make us all sound like racists, biggots, uneducated people with special privileges. I have a college degree and respectable job but I had no special advantages to get me where I'm at. I came from a poor family and had to work extra hard to get where I am. I was the only person in my family to go to college. I am tired of being labeled a racist when in fact I love people of all races. I am tired of being referred to as someone with privileges. People need to quit making assumptions about conservatives and liberals and also about Trump supporters.

Please consider the message you are conveying. Please consider all of your audience may not agree with you unless you do not care if we continue to be part of your audience. Please let GMA be a show for all to watch.

• Strahan sends me back to Today

I started watching GMA after the Ann Curry departure at Today. I've enjoyed GMA so much but I cannot watch Michael Strahan. Good Bye!
  • Not watching anymore

1.5
    I watch gma everday but I'm starting to change the feel it could b called the Michael Strahan show. He seems to do everything I used to love to watch but not anymore because it's all about michael
  • You're Losing VIEWERS

I want to start by Saying I like Michael Strahan on Fox Sunday Morning Football, He's Awesome & comfortable in that format. But I do NOT want to see him struggle to bring something more to the table... You need to look at that desk, when you lost Josh Elliott & Sam Champion, (although I love Ginger Zee) that was the beginning of your demise people loved them and the chemistry between them & the rest of the news cast was undeniable.

So here it is!!!

1. George should go back to the nightly news, he's amazing & Non-Bias.

2. David Muir should be sitting along side Robin.

3. Amy & Lara should be back on the desk from the start, it adds an element of unpredictability which is GOOD!! That's why we Loved to watch! It was fun! Look at your Happy Morning Video that didn't air because You had to tweaked it due to you abruptly LOSING Josh! NOT SMART BUSINESS... I don't know who's making the decisions but they Need "A Good Ole Fashion A** Kickin'"

4. . Homes & Jesse Palmer are a great tag team addition!

You Thought you had the Answer plucking Michael off of "Live" & that worked for that show, it was still an odd match for me But It Worked!
  • Michael Strahan needs to GO

2.5
    I LOVED Michael Strahan on LIVE. Well, it's almost inexplicable and hard for me to convey how much I DESPISE him on GMA. He is so out of his element, he comes across as downright ignorant. He appears to struggle when he's reading the teleprompter and his lisp is all that I hear. He bumbles his speech so much, it's just awkward. It is one of the most uncomfortable things to watch. They messed up when they offered him the switch. I honestly wish they could reverse their decision. I now look forward to weekends, especially when Sarah, Paula and Dan are together! Guess it's time to find something else on weekday mornings.
  • Really?!?

This is the most biased news media out there taking every chance to go after President elect Trump. They should be ashamed and embarrassed on how they report the political news. When they lead with the global awards speech by a very liberal actresses opinion instead of breaking new information on the terrorist shooting in Fort Lauderdale it shows where their aim is at. Snofaloficas needs a good kick in the butt what a joke!
  • She's back.

Lara was in her element today! Amy, Robin, Lara, and Ginger got to sing sitcom theme songs. All four were singing and laughing, having a good time. But Lara, as she flailed her skinny arms around, could not resist watching herself on the monitor. Please get rid of this woman and replace her with someone not so in love with herself.
  • Love GMA

I love GMA and look forward to it each morning. The entire team, George, Amy, Robin, Michael, Ginger and Lara are all awesome and each compliment the other and are a great team!! Each has a style in reporting the news and today's stories every morning, which is both entertaining and informative to viewers. loved Michael on Kelly but like his new role on GMA even better! Great job GMA.
  • Get rid of Lara

Lara needs to go!! Her wardrobe is disgusting. What a smirk.
AFNPAC