Good Morning America

Weekdays 7:00 AM on ABC Premiered Nov 03, 1975 In Season

AprilFox

Good Morning America Fan Reviews (264)

• Time to FIX Good Morning America !!!

The show has gone to the dump, they need to get back to their roots the girls on the show are completely sicking they seem to be ingaged in more of a cutie factor thats absolutely sicking both the long hair blonde laura and the short hair girl suck big time and what they call news worthy stories like the zombie work out .Really !!! No one says that they need to be straight faced and Dull but come on, This has turned into a variety show and less of a news station, This main stream news show seems to defy news thats Important !!!, Political Issues, Government , Crime , Current Events, The cutie factor!!!! has to go and lay out a real news show, Do the Producers ever read these posts? , They must not
  • Time to change

2.5
    I have watched GMA for as long as it has been on, but I have now changed morning programs. Gma has turned into a Hollywood magazine instead of the news show it is supposed to be. Too much foo foo stuff. Also the news they do report is not consistent with what is taught in grade school which is when a story is written it should have the 5 W's What Where When & leaves out W's out of every story.

I think George should have his own news program every morning and he should be the director of it. Goodbye GMA
  • Amy and Ginger

Great seeing Amy in the anchor chair alongside George today! Amy does an excellent job filling in for Robin. Other's that fill in for Robin don't do as great of a job as Amy. She is professional and adds a breath of fresh air to the morning. When Lara fills in for Robin I have to change the channel, you just can't relate to her in a serious "news reporting" way. And PLEASE add Amy and Ginger's names to the opening of the show. They are just as much a part of keeping Good Morning America #1 in it"s rankings. It's a team effort, aren"t they part of the team?
  • Michael

I think that Michael should be replaced full time with Dan Harris full time . He make the show shine. I mean on a weekly basis.
  • Amy Robach - an excellent anchor!

Wonderful to see Amy Robach sitting in the anchor chair next to George this morning. A polished and professional news team Refreshing!

Finally GMA - an anchor team worth watching! I loved seeing Amy and David together this morning! They are poised and professional, and really elevate the status of your show. Amy is an anchor moving up along the lines of Diane Sawyer - and David, well, what more can you say than perfect - Mr. World News Tonight! Thanks for finally giving us a team worth watching. I agree with the previous reviewer - a breath of fresh air without Lara Spencer oogling the cameras.
  • Tone It Down Lara, Please!!!!

3.5
    Lara is talented but when others try and comment she acts selfish by stealing their thunder by talking over them and/or acting like a dancing clown. Tone it down Lara. And you are not a dance queen. Act like an adult. If we want to watch dancing we would watch Dancing With the Stars. Geesh.

Came back to GMA after a few weeks and it appears Lara may have calmed it down a wee bit but she has a way to go before I become a regular viewer again.
  • Lara needs to go!

Lara Spencer, unfortunately, has been doing some of the serious news. She is ok in the "fluffy stuff" but my complaint is her goofy antics, blatant camera flirting, and hogging interviews. I know it is not her decision whether she does celebrity gossip stuff or serious stuff, but it is her decision how she acts. She needs to respect others on the show. She also needs to use the bathroom before airtime so she doesn't have to do the potty dance (crossing her legs while standing) while she makes pouty duck lips at the camera during an interview. Please GMA, get a more professional person for the position!
  • Lara Spencer

All these negative posts about Lara Spencer. She wasn't brought on the show to be a news reporter you pinheads. She provides some lighthearted counterpoint to the usual rollout of grim stories that make up the "news" these days. As such, she's doing exactly what she's paid to do. To lighten things up. All you armchair critics might want to do likewise
  • People are mean.

I think Lara is sweet. She makes me laugh and i enjoy her energy. I love the crew, they're quite enjoyable to watch i think. I don't really care about what they do with their personal lives hahahaha
  • STAFF PROBLEM AND GET RID OF LARA

if YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A NEWS TEAM THEN THEY SHOULD BE THERE 5 DAYS A WEEK. THE PAST TWO WEEKS THERE HAS BEEN ONE OR MORE MEMBERS MISSING ABOUT EVERYDAY. THEY NEED TO WORK 5 DAYS A WEEK OR BE REPLACED. SPEAKING OF REPLACING LARA NEEDS TO BE GONE. WHY SHE WAS PROMOTED IN THE FIRST PLACE IS PURE INSANITY. SHE BRINGS NOTHING TO THE SHOW AND I CAN SEE WHY SHE IS GETTING A DIVORCE AS WHO COULD LIVE WITH HER? EVEN HER OTHER GARAGE SALE SHOWS ARE SO BAD YOU FEEL LIKE VOMITING AFTER WATCHING THEM.
  • I loved GMA

For years I have watched GMA , but I believe it is over for me. I love Robin and could put up with most of the changes. As much as I enjoyed Sam and Josh I could live with their leaving. Lara being made a co-host is another matter. Lara is fluff not a news person. She is fine on cat stories, but not on anything serious. Its time to look for a new morning show. I understand Josh's no compete time is up maybe he will be on Today!!
  • Lara has to go

Show SO much better without her. Really notice while she was gone. Just too annoying
  • can't stand lara anymore

I am done watching GMA every morning like I have been for five years until you get rid of Lara!! She's obnoxious, overly flirty with every man , and just plain annoying... She must go!!!!! Ps I feel so strongly about this I joined this group just to tell you about how much I hate her!!!
  • Love GMA

I love this news show, and all the anchors. Lara Spencer is great, she always has the best comments and I always listen for what she has to say.
  • Lara needs to stop talking

I watched your show today and I couldn't believe how much Lara talked over people. I could hardly stand watching. The poor girl trying to explain how to make her crafts, we at home couldn't even hear her. Lara, there's a way to engage in conversation and not take it over. ZIP IT Lara!
  • PLEASEEEEEE LET HER GO! ...........

I agree with so many of the comments below regarding Lara Spencer. Why isn't GMA listening? She is the most annoying, irritating person on the show. We are all so over her & her posing; for the camera! No one can get a word in from her continuous silly jokes that she thinks are funny. No one thinks she is funny but her. She just talks and talks and talks until I change the station. Enough already!!!!! UGH! How embarrassing for the other anchors.
  • the Dog that could not catch a treat

It was pretty disturbing to see what was going on - it is very possible the dog has eye issues - the owner should taken him to a Vet eye specialist - yes I am serious - not subject the poor dog to antics that seemed quite cruel.
  • This week has been wonderful

2.5
    That's right; this week has been wonderful WITHOUT LARA!!! Not having to endure her corniness and insincerity has been grrrr-eat!

I wonder do the executives at ABC/GMA read these reviews because if they do, this review only adds to previous ones stating the same thing - sit Lara down!!!

The Saturday crew is Great and they do what GMA started out doing years ago and that's Report The News!!!

Amy continues to be professional and . Holmes is a delightful addition!

• Lara is great!

Like all the gma hosts, including Lara. But we need more news and less about boy band losing a member. Geeze. Spent way too much time on that story and not enough about reports of Bowe Bergdahl deserting and putting his company in harms way.
  • Fire Lara Spencer Instead of Promoting Her

GMA has a very qualified team in Robin, George, Amy and Ginger. For some reason, ABC has promoted Lara over Amy, and it's difficult to understand why. Although Lara is very comfortable in front of the camera, she is incredibly unprofessional in her actions by demonstrating scene-stealing moves such as talking over her colleagues, swinging her arms out over coworkers and flirting. If GMA want an entertainment reporter that will work well with others, they should replace Lara with Sara Haines. She possesses all of the qualities GMA needs without the drama.

ABC generally makes good decisions about its news division, as evidenced by making David Muir the nightly newscaster, as well as keeping George S. on GMA and the Sunday political show. I have been watching GMA for many years, but am considering changing to another network. I am not employed by NBC or CBS, but rather a viewer who prefers high quality news.
  • GMA lineup

3/24. YES!!!!! Finally GMA is worth watching today!!!! Fabulous without all that Pop news crap, sorry Lara but they really need to find you a different platform. Oh I'm loving my coffee today with GMA!!! Agree with previous poster 100%

2-20-I'd rather see veronica corningstone....

How rude, what is Lara's name doing on top billing? If you're going to put her name up there you can't leave out Amy and the incredible ginger zee... What are the execs thinking? Is Lara that self serving? Check out her facial expressions and interrupting, she's not genuine and doesn't care about anything in the conversation. And the gossip is not top bill-worthy. It's too weird and I might have to try NBC again. Aand I agree with the comment about the weekend show, really good dynamic there. Amy and ginger-revolt! It should be all or just robin and George. Half the stuff lara "reports"on is just not worth the breath. Oh, and Give ginger a chair!
  • Lara and Michael rock!

After reading many of the rants against Lara and/or Michael, I can only surmise that the critics are somehow connected to NBC. Lara and Michael are literally "a breath of fresh air" on GMA.

The chemistry that exists between Robin, George, Lara, Ginger, and Michael is undeniable. This chemistry is the reason that GMA continues to have higher ratings than NBC' s TODAY.

Whilst I like Amy (and I'm so glad she won her battle with cancer), she is clearly "the odd man out" in this group. At times, Amy looks like "a deer caught in headlights;" when she so obviously doesn't comprehend a reference or joke, with which the rest of the group is in tune. The rest of the group comes across as being genuine; Amy does not.

And, to all you naysayers who despair of not having what you consider to be "proper" news reporting by some of the anchors--wake up and smell the coffee! These morning shows are entertainment shows with a bit of everything thrown into the mix.

Ever since NBC's TODAY unceremoniously dumped Jane Pauley for Deborah Norville, the pattern was set for the morning shows to become more entertaining for the masses and less serious for the intelligentsia. Even Jane Pauley is reporting on lighter fare on CBS's SUNDAY MORNING. I'm certain that the true intelligentsia get their news from other sources. So if that's all-important to any of you reviewers--go and do thou likewise! :-)

Meanwhile (back at the ranch), I enjoy having lighter fare in the morning; it makes for a happier start to the ever-progressing, mostly serious rest of the day. Of course, I also like to play Trivial Pursuit!

:-)

• Stupid antics

Good Morning America especially the weekend edition have become the most annoying shows. Stupid jokes that are not funny, constant outbursts, and the loud annoying laughing at every stupid comment has become unbearable. Especially Sarah that practically throws herself on the table with her loud screeching laughs makes me ill. I finally changed the channel and am glad I did. This after 25 years of watching this show.
  • what has happened to GMA??

I used to love to watch GMA, but no more. the only good anchors left are George and Robin, the rest act like bumbling idiots especially the blonde bimbo Lara ! Since Sam and Josh left everything has gone down hill Besides the few news updates, the show consists of interviews and segments to advertise new Disney movies, ABC shows, new song albums ETC, ETC. POP news is nauseating to watch. I am tired of watching these anchors who have no intelligence and love to laugh at their lame attempts at being funny I do not find it amusing Maybe this is appeals to the younger crowd which unfortunately reflects the direction our country is going. I on the other hand have decide to skip GMA and move on to something that will inspire me and not make me disgusted every time I watch it. Today show here I come.
  • More Amy Less Michael & Lara Please

Loved seeing Amy in the lead anchor chaIr this morning! Need to see this more often.
  • Lara drove me to CBS

GMA improved it's news with Amy Robach. Robin and George are terrific co-anchors, but I fast forward so I do not have to listen to Lara talk. I don't have time for the childish, silly stuff Lara does. I'm switching to CBS for news to start my day intelligently.
  • Bye, Bye GMA until LS is gone!

I thought it was just me until I found all of these posts. I went from taping the show so I could watch it in the evening if I missed something to fast forwarding in the morning so I do not have to listen to Lara talk. I enjoy DIY stuff, but can not even listen to her talk about that anymore. Hope GMA is listening to viewers before it is too late.
  • Getting worse each day

1.5
    Lara is better suited in her prior engagement, Insider Magazine, instead of a mainstream hard news morning show. Her style of interrupting the others really cheapens this good show. Chill or check-out. I'll probably end up as a former GMA fan.
  • Amy deserves better

5.5
    GMA pumped up it's news with the addition of Amy Robach. I'm confused as to why Lara Spencer still gets hard news stories. Lara Spencer, in my opinion, is a good feature reporter but has no business handling real news.
  • Count your blessings

Annoyance scale 1 to 10...10 being most annoying. Lara Spencer of GMA, 3 or 4, Tamron Hall of Today Show, 11.