Good Morning America

Weekdays 7:00 AM on ABC Premiered Nov 03, 1975 In Season

AprilFox

Good Morning America Fan Reviews (217)

6.1
  • Why is GMA leaving Amy name out of the intro?

I HATE the idea of GMA adding Lara and NOT Amy in the INTRO WTH!! I don't understand why they allow Lara Spenser to replace Robin when she is out instead of Amy!! WTH!! with all do respect Lara Spenser is not solid business news reporting material, Amy is an experienced professional news reporter and Lara Spenser is POP NEWS material ONLY. What is GMA Thinking!! Whoever is making the decision to put Lara Spenser out there instead of Amy is CRAZY or they owe Lara Spencer a favor. WTH!
  • GMA pop new has to be tempered!

I have been a faithful follower of GMA for many years -- and even record it so I can watch it if I'm not available. I find the news team led by George S to be top notch. So I am extremely disappointed with the "lets just be silly blonde girls" attitude started by Lara Spencer that seems to be in full bloom, especially on the weekend with Sara Haines, who brings absolutely NO VALUE to the show. I was highly insulted this weekend with the "it's OK I'm stupid, because I'm just a ditzy blonde" moment of not knowing what an abacus is and then the comment about no one being born before 1962. If she's that ignorant and disrespectful of team members, such as Ron Claiborne and Gio who actually have the ability to report serious news, she needs to be removed and maybe put on a show that value the airhead mentality.

• GMA lineup

1/26 yea for Sarah Haines- leave her during the week such a better show with her......

How rude, what is Lara's name doing on top billing? If you're going to put her name up there you can't leave out Amy and the incredible ginger zee... What are the execs thinking? Is Lara that self serving? Check out her facial expressions and interrupting, she's not genuine and doesn't care about anything in the conversation. And the gossip is not top bill-worthy. It's too weird and I might have to try NBC again. Aand I agree with the comment about the weekend show, really good dynamic there. Amy and ginger-revolt! It should be all or just robin and George. Half the stuff lara "reports"on is just not worth the breath. Oh, and Give ginger a chair!
  • Thoughts from a faithful Viewer.........

I have been watching Good Morning America since the late 70's and have never changed to any other morning news show. I love watching Robin, George, Amy and Ginger and feel like they really connect with those that are watching. I am in several civic groups in Northern California and surprisingly they all feel the same as I do regarding your reporters on Good Morning America. I also feel that your new billing of adding Lara is unfair to Amy and Ginger. I am so glad to see Amy taking Robin's place this morning instead of Lara. I have hesitated saying anything negative however, I and many others find Lara extremely hard to connect with. She appears to be more concerned with getting camera time than humbly report whatever she is reporting. Watching her over talk guests she is interviewing, stepping in front of others to make sure she is in the camera is intimidating to consensus is that she is too aggressive and is not a fit with the genuine team that you currently have. To be honest, there are times when I have turned off Good Morning America just because Lara was taking Robin's place. All of that being said, I Love Good Morning America and do realize there is no perfect situation. Please keep the same level of honest enthusiasm, genuine reporting and humble presentation that you currently have in Robin, George, Amy and Ginger. Thank you for being a part of my life for over 30 years.
  • LEGGINGS...

NEWS FLASH.... If you're going to abolish "Leggings" because your MAN is "too tempted" by must eliminate tight pants, tight and then the bikini or swimsuit as well !!!! The fact of the matter is that if this is a topic you find yourself discussing with "your man" and he expresses his weakness due to womens apparel perhaps HE needs to get a grip!

You might ought to remove the "TV" while your'e at mean let's just blame "everything" and "everyone" for his poor defeated inability not to "lust" after women!!! Next thing we'll do is to build a wall of fabric around our bodies like familiar cultures as it seek out ways and means to fulfill their lustful this a long long time ago!!! It's what "goes out" from the eyes of the heart which is the the opposite!!!

Ms your conscience bothers you then make the change for yourself but if you think this change will prevent your man from cheating from the . responsibility for your "own thoughts and behaviors"....

Just sayin!!!!
  • Weekend GMA crew

LOVE LOVE LOVE Sara Haines on Weekend GMA. She's cute, funny, and is appropriate in what she contributes to the show. Even though I have quit watching the weekday version of GMA due to Lara Spencer, I still tune in for the weekend show. The cast is great, they have great synergy, and there isn't the odd makeup of people that one finds on the weekday show. Too bad you can't bring Sara Haines over to the weekday GMA -- but then you'd still have to find something to do with Lara. Oh wait - I almost forgot! - you've promoted her to an anchor! Look out George and Robin - pretty soon her name will come first on the credits.
  • Tone It Down Lara, Please!!!!

Lara is talented but when others try and comment she acts selfish by stealing their thunder by talking over them and/or acting like a dancing clown. Tone it down Lara.
  • Michael

I think that Michael should be replaced full time with Dan Harris full time . He make the show shine. I mean on a weekly basis.
  • Amy Robach not mentioned in intro...

I too was a little surprised that her name was not mentioned. Just guessing but Amy has been filling in for the World News Weekend spot a lot lately. Since David Muir has left for the week day spot ABC has not fill the position with a perm person. Maybe she will be leaving soon for that spot. Just guessing...
  • Lara ??!!!

Why on earth Is Amy not announced in the beginning of GMA???!!!! Please let us know the will lose viewers for this! I've been watching GMA for 40 years!!! Amy is the best person on this show (Robin too!). But, Lara???!!! OMG! NO!!!
  • Lara please go away

I cannot believe that gma is now featuring George, Robin and Lara and not Amy. She is the reason I watch. Be careful, you may lose your best journalist.

• Weekend GMA

Just wanted to say I really enjoyed Elizabeth Vargas this morning. Much better than the other girl.
  • Pop news only

I switched to gma after the way Today treated Ann Curry. I found myself enjoying morning tv with a smile on my face instead of walking away depressed from watching nbc drama. But lately weekend show beats out weekday and believe me put LARA on pop news ONLY you can compete with weekend programing Robbin and Amy and especially Ginger can really make a good show (under George's control)

Too bad Sahra and rest of weekend crew can't work seven days a week.
  • Another GMA fan for many years.

Have been a fan of GMA also from the Gibson-Lunden days. I know how times change, but I believe courtesy is still current. It really is impolite for everyone at the table to be talking at the same time trying the get the last word - so annoying. Lara, tame it down a little.
  • Most favorite Christmas Movie to watch

It is a toss up between two movies as my most favorite Christmas movie to watch. Its between " It's a Wonderful Life " and Miracle on 34th Street. Both movies were in Black and white, yet have the most influential and heart warming story about it.
  • Christmas

Im a sick grandmom, iam unable to buy my grands anything for chritmas, i have no income, please please can u help me i love the show i watch it everyday i love all you guys please help me
  • LARA has to go!!

I used to enjoy GMA.. News anchors should be professional. Adding personality and humor can also be done in a tasteful manner. Lara Spencer is by far, the worst tv anchor !! She makes it so obvious to the viewers that her main concern is herself! Constantly looking at the camera as if she is flirting with the cameraman or trying hard to keep attention solely on her. She is not easy on the eyes and lacks the credibility of what a respected anchor should other team members are fabulous and apparently cannot mask the looks on their faces while Lara is speaking. NBC is my new morning news show.. Very disappointed that ABC would give Lara that position. Shows that it is not your talent but maybe who you know. NBC is now my channel.
  • REALLY ARE YOU ALL 12?

1.5
    I cannot believe that you think if the royal couple kissed on the kiss cam was news, I tune into see news we have so many crises happening in the USA, please lets concentrate on the royal couple, did it occur to all of you that maybe to leave them alone would be a good idea. And really Hilary C is political royalty, since when, along with Lebron James and Jay Z. WAKE UP CALL- they are people just like the rest of us that just make more money. I like the royal couple, but what they do here while visiting I do not care.

Please GMA get a adult staff that does not go GAGA over every democrat and people from other countries, I know how bias ABC is but back for awhile will ya.
  • alarm burgleries

So glad Good Morning showed every criminal how easy it is to break into houses with alarm systems. Couldnt just tell about it... had to walk around with a computer and show everyone including criminals.. So stupid.
  • No longer a fan...

3.5
    I, like so many others use to love GMA but I can barely watch a whole episode anymore. Who cares about Dancing with the Stars and Shark Tank... and please get someone that can really do interviews and know what they are talking about it. Lara Spencer definitely does not need to be on a News show or is this even a News show anymore? Amy needs to get moved into a higher role, shes so much more personal and true. Robin and Lara just full of themselves where Amy and George and Ginger are truly themselves. They are the ones that make the show.
  • Inspired by Robin's Book "everyone has something"

Robin,

From the time I opened the inside cover and saw your 6 or 10 year old picture I was in awe. It was like looking at myself with the big thick pig tails as they called them in the 50's. When you announced you had breast cancer I was undergoing testing myself. Thank God it turned out to be Fibroids. The Doctor said I just had Fibristic breast and he would check in 6 months. Well all was ok six months later. In 2004 I had a fibroid on my only ovary. I had a partial Hysterectomy removing the uterus and right ovary earlier in 1983. The fibroid was to big to remove through a laprascope so I was brought back to recovery and rescheduled to have it removed by going into the same scar. I never did have it removed. I still have it today ovary and fibroid. I have a new gynecologist female who feels it is not bothering me so no need to remove it at this time. In 2012 I had a heart attack on august 13th one day before Rosie O"Donald. I saw her story on Dr. Oz and was amazed how similar our experiences were. The difference I had 4 stents put in and she had one. 30 days later I experienced chest pain under the ribcage went to the hospital, everything checked out ok went home only to return 7 days later with the same symptoms. This time I refused to go home. They did an echo cardiogram and found an aneurism on the left side of my heart. It took my cardiologist group, the surgeon and my gynecologist 20 days to figure out how to remove it and keep me alive. The original surgery was scheduled for Oct 28, 2012 but could not be done because my heart was not fully healed from the heart attack. The surgeon wanted to wait until Nov 15, 2012 but on nov. 2nd I was in such pain they scheduled it for nov. 5th. I told the Surgeon that he was not going to be the main surgeon, he would be the attending. He asked who would be the main one. I said Dr. GOD. He reassured me that he never goes into the OR without DR. G. O. D. Then I knew I would be fine. Another remarkable inspiration from your book was the picture of your mother hugging Pat the Basket ball coarch. I thought I was looking at my foster mother who raised me since I was 2 years old. Like you I always talked things over with her before making any kind of decision. I still do and it has been since 1991 that I lost her to colon cancer but I go to her grave site and ask her what should I do and she send me an answer 2 to 3 days later. You are going to be just fine because you have Dr. G. O. D. on your side. God bless and keep you well. Keep on inspiring people I hope to get the opportunity to do so myself. Feel free to share this story with everyone. Love ya JUJU (Julia Santos, 108 Martin West Haven, Ct.
  • a very disappointed viewer

I use to love watching your show before going to work, but sadly,you have lost yet another viewer. In my opinion, Good Morning America has gone from a good news show to the television version of the Enquirer. It's not a show that I can turn on before work and find out what's going on in the world. Instead it's a show that tells me what George Clooney's future wife is wearing, or better yet, ridiculous take- offs such as Lara Spencer pretending to be Harrison Ford in Raiders of the lost Ark. Who was the idiot that hired Lara Spencer anyway! She is certainly NOT a reporter.

She spends most of her time selling herself and the rest of the time talking about stupid, cutsie issues. The GMA executives should be embarrassed for keeping this junk on TV. It's pretty obvious at times that George Stephanopoulos and Robin Roberts are disappointed as well. I have actually seen them cringe at times. Someone needs to make a decision- Is it a news show, or a comedy show?

I will not watch this junk again. At least the TODAY show or CNN can give me some insight into the news for the AM without all the slap-stick comedy.

• Lara Spencer

I always get so annoyed when Lara conducts an interview. I would like to know what the guest has to say and she ALWAYS cuts them off with something that makes no sense. I wish someone would talk with her to let her know that a good host allows the guest to speak. It seems she just likes to hear herself talk. Not a good host at all.
    Can you give me address and information on Dr. Jeremy Rappaport on the issue of thinning hair?
  • Botox is extremely dangerous to your eyesight

After my third time receiving botox around the eyes (I am 42) I noticed I couldn't see in bright lights and couldn't squint. I reported the concern and they tried to use this vibration tool to remove or dissolve the solution. My eyesight didn't get better I went to an eye doctor. Turns out that the botox killed the oil producing gland in my tear ducts and will never produce oil again. I have reported this but was blown off. I feel that your report that botox is safe is skewed by companies not documenting side affects and not researching optometrists. Optometrists say this is a common issue they are now seeing. I now have to use drops every hour and take fish oil at a very large dose. It has been a year and still trying to find a solution to fix this affect. When I get tired (driving) I get near sighted which I have 20/20 just no oils. Please check with optometrists.
  • Offensive

I cannot believe the weekend cohost was mocking her cohost by saying he "runs like a

I immediately turned your show off because my 8 year old daughter was watching it. I was so saddened by the ignorance.
  • fresh air with Lara NOT there!!

The show is SO much better when Lara is not there. She always tries to dominate the conversation and add rude and ridiculous comments. She is ruining the show's credibility! She REALLY needs to GO!!!!!! I really do change the channel when she is on because she annoys me so much. I have been a faithful GMA fan for over 20 years and I am now considering watching CBS in the morning because of LARA!!!! DO NOT LET LARA SIT IN THE ANCHOR CHAIR!!!!!!! Personality is fine on the show but not the goofy and sexually perverse comments of Lara. Robin is supposedly starting an anti-bullying campaign and Lara is the quintessential MEAN GIRL. She is mean spirited, rude, and condescending. When she attempts to interview someone , she NEVER let's them even talk. She jumps in and hogs the entire segment ESPECIALLY if it is home decor! She does NOT have any interest in ANYONES opinion except for her own!!!!!!Ridiculous to allow her to interview anyone because she NEVER LISTENS to anyone!!!!
  • interview just bad

Lara Specer's interview with Sarah Hyland was just horrible. Stick to the fluff Lara that is where you belong. When you tried to turn into a real journalist you failed, and only made your guest feel small and awkward at best. I truely feel your final question was out of line and you only victimized Sarah. I hope that was not intention.
  • Ginger, Please

Ginger you are a gorgeous meteorologist and have a great personality. KUDOS to you. HOWEVER: Seriously - . - stop crossing your legs!! It looks like a woman who has waited way too long to go to the bathroom. Either that or you are constantly having that moment in the restaurant in the movie "When Harry met Sally" It is not just distracting, but it's poor body language. You can't stand anywhere for long that you aren't tightly crossing your legs. Now I don't know if it is a NERVOUS Tick or a WEAK Bladder, or a Harry Met Sally Moment, but STOP IT. It is unbecoming, irritating and totally unnecessary because it's distracting.
  • Not So Good Morning America

3.5
    I am in my late 30s and have watched GMA for as long as I can remember. From waiting for my bus to arrive when I was a school girl, to getting ready for work in the morning, to staying home with my kids as a stay at home mom and everything in between. I have enjoyed and stayed faithful to the show through so many changes throughout the years. Often disappointed at first with a new face, but then pleasantly surprised that the "new" person had now become a regular that I enjoyed delivering the news in the morning. I've been waiting to adapt to the new faces and format of GMA for some time now and I realize it is not going to happen. I do not know what has happened to GMA!! I miss my faithful morning companion. Robin Roberts and George Stephonopolous and Ginger Zee are solid, but everyone else makes me turn the channel. I often can't find my remote quick enough. First of all, what type of show are you trying to be? I feel like I am watching a mix of TMZ, Entertainment Tonight and a bizarre reality show with a tiny bit of news thrown in. Lara Spencer overload, pop news, and the continuous bantering among all the hosts is too much. I want news delivered with smattering of personal interest stories and the occasional helpful how-to segment with some celebrity/author/relevant newsmaker interviews. Isn't that what the morning shows always delivered? I REALLY miss the standard format. It is painfully obvious that the show doesn't know what it wants to be, nor do the hosts. George with his commanding presence and gravitas is so out of place on the show. I want more George, less Lara. Amy Robach had some clout as a newsperson when she first started, but all the giggling and commentary have worn her credentials thin. I'm all for some light-heartedness, but every delivery does not have to be punctuated with a laugh and an "inside By the way, how many hosts does it take to run a successful morning program? The answer has to be less than what GMA has!!! Thankfully, the show did part ways with Josh Elliott. I couldn't even look at the TV when he was on it. Can describing one as egomaniacal be an understatement? Anyway, I will end my review with my overall feeling of sadness - the type of sadness one feels when they haven't seen an old friend for a long time. I miss you GMA:(