Good Morning America

Weekdays 7:00 AM on ABC Premiered Nov 03, 1975 In Season

Good Morning America Fan Reviews (588)

5.1
  • worst morning show

Why does everybody think Michael Strahan should be on any tv show, he can't put a sentence together, even when all he has to do is read it, he wasn't any good on live with Kelly now he is ruining gma along with Lara spencer, these two need to get their own show so they can cancel it after one episode , please let Robin and George do all the talking, Michael Strahan should stick to football announcing not gma!!!
  • Goodbye GMA!

GMA has been my "go to place" for morning news for many years - until now. After President Trump was elected the tone of GMA changed. Knowing that George is a professed Democrat, as was I, I expected him to be disappointed. However I mistakenly assumed he would stand up like a man and accept that we have a President, working for all Americans, that needs our support, not constant back-stabbing. The fact that the producers allow this to continue shows a total lack of respect for the Office of President, and for the humans that actually support President Trump. Some of the supporters voted him into office, and others have grown to appreciate him because of the things he has accomplished in just over one year.

I can no longer stand to watch GMA, or even look at George. I want news that is unbiased, honest, and points out the good things rather than digging for dirt that most times cannot be found. GMA is more like a tabloid magazine than a news show now! The entire Stormy Daniels fiasco is immaterial to the job President Trump is doing. We all have made mistakes and done things in the past that we may not be proud of. We all have the right to forgiveness, and to not be judged unfairly. And we certainly don't need things from the distant past to be brought up repeatedly when it has no basis in our lives today.

Goodbye GMA.

• Where Did the Professionals Go!

I have been a GMA loyal watcher for a very long time. As of late it has become very disappointing to watch Michael Strahan be allowed as a key anchor on the show when he does not present as a professional journalist. It must be distressing to his co-anchors with professional education and experience to hear his poor pronunciation, horrible interviewing skills and apparent lack of education. I support a diverse team with men and women of different cultures and background. However, his poor journalistic skills will eventually cause me to change the channel. ABC should change this team soon. It isn't what it used to be with Charlie and Diane.
  • George Stephanopolous; An opinionated journalist/reporter

First, I want to say that this is not about my opinion about whether-or-not Bill Cosby is guilty (Because I truly don't have an opinion about it), it's about this morning on Good Morning America when they decided to put 'Bill Cosby's Team' on after having the 'Cosby Accusers' from the trial on the show. Ok; I would assume that Good Morning America's Purpose for having 'Bill Cosby's Team' on immediately after having 'Cosby's Accusers' on would be so that they too would have their turn to speak their minds as the 2 women had just done, but George Stephanopolous apparently had a different agenda in mind! He empathized with the 2 women (I'm not saying that they didn't deserve empathy, only pointing-out that George had a different agenda than Good Morning America intended) then immediately after the interview with 'Bill Cosby's Accusers', George Stephanopolous thanks 'Bill Cosby's Team' (2 of Cosby's Publicist, Ebony Benson & Andrew Wyatt) for joining the show, then asked, "What is your response?" Ebony Benson was defending Bill Cosby (I had thought that defending Cosby was the reason she & Andrew were invited onto the show) but apparently, the journalist/interviewer, George Stephanopolous's felt it necessary to be incredibly RUDE to them. 15-20 seconds into Ebony answering George's first question (What is your response?) George felt it necessary to interrupt her with the question, "Are you really going to go there?(" & RUDELY) The statement Ebony was making was relevant in Cosby's defense! And this is coming from a neutral party (Me)! George then told 'Cosby's Team' that a jury of his piers found him guilty; Ebony then began to explain that a juror had stated that her mind was made up that Cosby was guilty before the trial even began. Then George told her that 60 more women had claimed the same thing about Cosby & asked her if she believed they were all lying too; She (Ebony) replied that people do lie. Ebony mentioned that there was no evidence to back-up the allegations against Cosby, & that women that weren't even part of the lawsuit were allowed to testify that Cosby had done this to them also. Which was another valid point in Cosby's defense. I've witnessed a couple of murder trials where the judge didn't allow testimony from a person claiming that the defendant did the same thing to them,& 1 of the 2 I'm referring to had actual legal proof; The prosecutor stated that she wanted the testimony in to show a pattern, but judge said, "No" because it would prejudice the jury against defendant. From Ebony's statements this morning, it sounds like the judge may have allowed a few things to happen that shouldn't have, & George tried to defend the verdict, but wasn't very successful (If it had been a debate between George & Ebony, she definitely would have WON!) I know that I do "NOT" watch Good Morning America to hear George Stephanopolous's opinion. Why was George defending 'Bill Cosby's Accusers' in the first-place? Again, he is a journalist who's supposed to interview people for us viewers. I'm curious why he would feel that it's ok to treat guest's the way he does at times; Like today! I don't know who his boss is, but I wish they would quit letting him go rogue like that! His head must be awfully BIG!
  • What does GMA stand for?

Get More Africans? I have noticed that staff is slowly becoming all Black. I'm not a racist, but why are they leaning to all black? Michael doesn't bring in viewers as Amy does. When the show goes from "News" to beauty tips, I turn it off. Also, it appears all are liberals and hate Trump. Sad for unbiased reporters.
  • Miscellaneous comments

Yesterday I read that Amy and Lara will be on GMA less and less. What are you thinking? Amy, by far, is the best overall host on the show. Her talent is unlimited. I bet she could even do the weather if she had to. She should be on with Robin & George -- not Michael. I cannot believe that Michael has lasted this long and am disappointed to learn that he will continue as a major host. In my opinion viewers need to see a lot more of Amy and a lot less of Michael.
  • GMA has reached new lows!!!

4.5
    I remember watching GMA with David Hartman and Joan Lunden in those earlier years, whenever I had time off from work and was able to be home in that 7:00 am to 9:00 am timeframe. Once I ultimately retired, and was able to watch GMA at that early daily timeframe, I really enjoyed watching this show when Charlie Gibson and Diane Sawyer were the co-anchors. Their GMA was fun, entertaining and they were NOT hell bent on attacking everyone who was a Republican or a conservative, each and every single GMA moment!!!

Now I do think it would be fair to say all four of these anchors were slightly to the left, politically, and were probably Democrats. However, when on December 2009 Robin Roberts and George Stephanopoulos made their debut together as the anchors of GMA, the show took a drastic, dramatic change.

Robin and George are unequivocally ultra left-wing, flaming liberals and Lara Spencer, Amy Robach along with Michael Strahan not far behind. Ginger Zee is, I think, somewhere middle of the road, but must say I really miss Sam Champion and his laugh, big time!

Cannot stand watching Robin when she closes her lips and utters that sound ... mm, mm ,mm ... it is the most annoying sound! And she gets paid $14 Millions to sit there and utter that stupid sound??? And that little shrimp, George with the Napoleon complex, who is literally CHOMPING AT THE BIT, waiting to attack Trump as mercilessly as he can, EVERY SINGLE DAY! I mean he is NON-STOP hell bent on attacking Trump over, and over and over!!!

And cannot figure out why ABC would hire Michael Stra-shits after he clearly did NOT make it with the Kelly show. What substance does he bring to GMA???

By the way, I do agree with the comments by "condorchristi" ... I also suspect strongly today's GMA watchers are "stay-at-home moms" and that speaks volumes as to the targeted audience ABC wants for this GMA show.

I do occasionally watch GMA maybe for the first hour, but I immediately change the channel as soon as the shrimp begins regurgitating with his "Russia collusion" nonsense!

Watching GMA now is as bad as watching the Rachel Mad Cow show ... WORTHLESS as tits on a bull!!!

I am done, I am done, stick a fork in me, I am so done!!!
  • WHY????

Why would you ruin the Oscars by having Michael Stra-shits big face who can't speak clearly on there? It's bad enough you've ruined GMA, now the Oscars? I guess ABC wants to alienate all its viewers.
  • GMA... I AM DONE!!!!!!!!!!

After watching GMA every morning for years I am DONE!

Watching how they spun and cut out important parts of these kid debates on this Horiffic shooting infuriated me to know in.

You are the real problem FAKE NEWS! Quit politicising every damn thing you report!

This should not be Democrat vs Republican. But you ABC NEWS just confirmed how biased you are.

Shame on you exploiting these kids and not showing what really happened!

And for you George... you are a sawed of weasel!

• GMA? I'll Sleep

Poor George. I doubt he would have joined this comic troupe had it presented this structure in 2007. I'm not sure what it was then but it had to have been more newsy and important because today with Robin Roberts at the helm, the show couldn't matter less. And please, it's not a black thing or a white simply not compelling to watch "news" stories about bullying or the pressure that kids feel or the "shocking" practice of people using misleading photographs on Tinder. I would guess their target audience is stay at home mothers who need a distraction. I would also hope that SAHM's would demand something that doesn't insult their intelligence as this show does constantly with the simplistic reporting, the dumbed down "remedies" and the faux heartwarming stories they conjure up from other news outlets.
  • MOST BIASED SHOW EVER!!

GEORGE!!!! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!! GOD HELP YOU!!!

GMA MORNING SHOW IS A BIG PART OF THE REASON THERE IS SO MUCH DIVISIVENESS IN OUR COUNTRY!! WHY WAS IT WAS OK WHEN OBAMA SAID THE EXACT SAME THING ABOUT A FOREIGN COUNTRY AS PRESIDENT TRUMP????JUST WRONG!!! I ACTUALLY HATE YOUR SHOW AND I'M DONE! TURNING MY RECORDER OFF!!! I HOPE YOUR RATINGS DROP!! MOST BIASED MORNING SHOW EVER!!!
  • Finally done.....

Didn't think I would ever be saying this, as I have been a loyal GMA watcher for 25 years. But I have been getting more and more disgusted and disgruntled with GMA for the last year. GMA used to have the best reporting, hands down, but it has turned into nothing but the anchors spewing their personal biases. Call me crazy, but I thought it was an anchor/reporter's job to report the facts and keep their personal opinions out of it. George is the absolute worst, taunting and bullying anyone and everyone that comes on that doesn't agree with him. And I never thought I would be saying this, but Robin is right there. She has gotten where she can't keep her opinions to herself, whether it's the look of disgust on her face or her body language, and I guess she doesn't think we can hear her when she mumbles disgusting words under her breath. But guess what? WE CAN HEAR YOU!!! I deleted The View off of my TV when Megyn Kelly's show started because I couldn't watch the view without feeling like I was going to lose my breakfast because of Joy and Whoopie and how rude and obnoxious they were to their guests. Now that Matt Lauer is gone and they have moved Hoda into his spot, as of today I deleted my daily recording of GMA and starting tomorrow I'm giving Today a shot. Love Jenna Bush, not sure about Savannah Guthrie, but what I do know is this ... it can't be worse than GMA ... therefore, it has to be better. Hello, TODAY show!
  • Turned off GMA permanently due to a lack of Journalistic objectivity

Long time viewer finally fed up! Report the news fairly instead of catering to the bias of your anchors.
  • lara spencer is annoying

I used to like this show, I guess I've watched for close to twenty years or so! I can't stand the shows left leaning spins they put on stories anymore, and Lara Spencer is just outright obnoxiously annoying! She acts like a 9th grade cheerleader who cares about "pop news"? I can't watch this show anymore!!
  • JESSE PALMER

When last I visited this site I was begging for Lara Spencer to be gone :), that was almost 2 years ago. I was so furious at that time that I gave up on the show. Haven't been back since, but caught a glimpse of Jesse and wondered if you all knew that he is hosting a food competition. Guess they figured they could not cut Lara, so good bye Jesse. Here's a link:
  • I Miss amy robach want Old gma back

5.5
    What heck happened to amy robach she never there i dont see her no more i Miss her thank god Michael not there on monday at least we have one day with out seeing his face and listening to his voice i want the Old gma back where amy lara was there first hour no wonder why people leaveing gma choose others job to work like Jessie palmer i heard he left gma to do other show he wont be comeing gma no more also gma also take up stair away go back 2 hour down stair like Old days. Beause will start going some where robn Robert should retire
  • "Good" Morning America?? Watch the scores vs. reviews

I wrote the following review a few months back. A quick sidenote- who administers this site? I notice that most every review is negative and yet the ratings for some are very high? Makes one wonder if they are being added after the 5.1 rating should be much lower than that if you consider the actual reviews.

ABC continues to lower the quality of their program. It is so bad. I can't help but watch occasionally to see the biased political viewpoints that are so glaringly obvious, it is laughable. Now with Donna Brazile's book offering plenty of opportunity to criticize the DNC and Clinton campaign, there is no excuse not to focus on the corruption of the Democratic Party. Yet, there is the least amount of coverage possible. The interview with Brazile was short and sweet compared to the lengthy coverage of insignificant matters about Trump. What about campaign finance laws that were broken by Clinton and the control she had over the DNC? How many important stories about Clinton did GMA dismiss during the election? How many stories continue to be missed due to the worthless commentary offered to fill the time slot?

I am so sad for the decline of the GMA. As many others, I was a loyal watcher for many years. I have watched the show become a confusing mess in the focus and higher-ups responsible for the confusing and biased viewpoints and programming really should be fired. The last year has been really awful in the objective news reporting. Fair coverage has ended and the show has become so unprofessional. George must always get the last word with his viewpoint evident. It really feels like a gotcha show rather than informative with a level of respect and emotional intelligence for those they interview. The election and White House reporting was and is the worst I have ever seen in the negativity toward the Republican party. George is not meant to be one of the first people seen first thing in the morning. Good Morning America just isn't Good anymore. I don't see how and his negativity, opinionated and condescending tone benefit the show. The slapstick humor is out of control. The news is incomplete and biased. The show is all over the place with an audience that looks out of place and distracting. GMA get over yourself and go back to the formula of fair reporting, hosts that are respected because they do their jobs well and earn back the trust you have lost. Get rid of George and let him stay on news only venues. Trahan should only cover sports and shouldn't be at the table looking awkward and out of place. CJ or Jesse are much more capable as is Amy Robach. Ginger and Rob do a great job. Allow professionalism, respect and compassion in all interviews with factual questioning. Get rid of the one-sided opinions and deliver fair reporting. Have a transparent and fair balance of conservative/progressive viewpoints, conventional/unconventional, Democrat/Republican. DO NOT have correspondents that overtly demonstrate their personal preferences without equal representation. If they cannot report both sides, they do not need to be considered professional reporters. Tell the truth, tell the story and leave the slanted, subversive brainwashing tactics to the junk shows. Please improve the quality of reporting that was once highly respected. You are embarrassing and the other news shows are passing you by in professionalism and quality of programming. Please bring back the old GMA!
  • We were lucky

The current news today regarding the teenagers throwing things at vehicles on the highway in Michigan, really isn't something new. The only thing different, is someone died. Back in the mid to late 70's in MI, kids were throwing water balloons at cars from overpasses over the highway. My mother almost hit the bridge abutment after the balloon burst and she swerved not knowing what hit her car. On August 1, 1980, as we were driving home from a friends birthday, our car was hit with three apples. We pulled off to the side and it took several tries to wash the mess off the windshield. I was 8 months pregnant and luckily we weren't hurt or killed. The three boys thought it was funny, until my future husband explained that I was pregnant and they could have killed 3 people in the blink of an eye. The local cops said, because the boys didn't confess, they couldn't charge them, even though their pockets were full of apples.
  • CANCELED DAILY RECORDING of GMA TODAY!

YOU WON'T RECEIVE RATINGS FROM ME AGAIN!!! I'VE CANCELLED MY RECORDING OF GMA.... THX TO GEORGE!!! SO SICK OF YOUR BIASED OPINION GEORGE!!!

TRUE JOURNALIST REPORT BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY WITHOUT THEIR PERSONAL GEORGE ***

LEAVE IT TO GEORGE TO CONTINUE TO BASH OUR PRESIDENT EVERY MORNING AND EVERY CHANCE HE GETS!! I'M SO SICK OF IT!!!!! I AM DONE WITH GMA FOREVER!!!

***RESPECT YOUR PRESIDENT GEORGE***

MATT DOWD, OPEN YOUR EYES WHEN YOU SPEAK AND STOP YOUR IGNORANT SCENARIOS, NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOUR BIASED MADE UP STORIES!!

AMERICAN PEOPLE LOVE PRESIDENT TRUMP HE IS FOR THE PEOPLE!!

I'VE CANCELLED MY RECORDING OF GMA!!! I HOPE EVERYONE BOYCOTTS YOUR BIASED SHOW!!

• Unfortunate

GMA was on every morning while I got ready along with my daughter. When my Daughter came to me and asked how they were able to talk about the POTUS the way they do and not get in trouble, I decided to put I Love Lucy on in the am. Unfortunate for me as I liked having the news on, and know that it's based on opinions. Although necessary to not allow these "role models" to teach my daughter disrespect. Everybody is entitled to their opinions, but when you are on TV, a popular am program, AT LEAST TRY to show respect to the POTUS. Even if you disagree. This is creating so many problems, making problems when there just should not be. Save your opinions for dinner with your own families. Please stop projecting negativity on my 11 year old. She IS entitled to come to her own conclusions. Her favorite part of GMA was Ginger Z, she looked up to her. She looked forward to the weather each morning. Every summer we would come to the show twice. We will stick to just Kelly & Ryan now! George is really out of line, cripes. Paula should stick to the View... Obviously! Sorry for my rant. Best of luck in the future GMA!!
  • She's back.

Let Lara go to the bathroom! No one wants to see her crossing her flamingo like legs trying to hold it in! And the flirting with every male on the show is annoying. And stop preening for the camera! She is not qualified to be on a morning news show. Send her to ET. Her bobble head will fit right in.
  • Michael needs to go asap!

Please take Michael off the show . He adds nothing to the program. He is not a journalist and I don't want to get my news from him. Most of the time I can not understand him.
  • Can't watch GMA any longer

I've been watching GMA for as long as I can remember but I do have a breaking point. Lately, I've been recording it every morning so I can scan through all of the political non coverage they present. I can't take listening to George or any of the other fake news reporters. I'm at the point that I just can't watch it anymore so I'm stopping my recordings. I will miss Ginger and Lara. LOL only because they are both very pretty!
  • GMA is HORRIBLE to watch- see ya!

I have been watching GMA for many years. It has become a completely biased Garbage show completely focused on trashing President Trump. At the top of every hour is nothing but negative news. I have actually never heard on nice word about him. It is not just about our President, your "News Reporters" are no better than someone working for the Enquirer. George is rude, Robin was such a joke today acting like she really cared about Heather Heyer when her focus was to get her to say she didn't want to speak to President Trump. It used to be a great show with information about EVERYTHING going on in the country with some fun mixed in. George has turned into Nancy Grace with his "Bombshell" about things that are not even remotely interesting. He needs to go away! Of all of the bad things I have read about Michael Strahan, he is the LEAST biased person on the show and does not follow the rest of the Liberal agenda. I can't stand the show anymore. Time to find something else that talks about real news and doesn't constantly focus on negativity and gotcha moments. I am surprised that Disney allows this crap to continue!
  • Goodbye GMA!

As a loyal viewer for many years, I finally deleted GMA from my DVR schedule today. While I don't identify as a republican, I am tired of GMA filtering the news to support their obvious political bias. There are many important news stories that are totally ignored on GMA. They have forced me to find a more balanced morning news show. George S is the worst offender. He has become unwatchable.
  • Michael on GMA

I don't care for Michael Strahan on GMA. Every time he came on as a guest co-host, I didn't watch it. Now, he's there full time? I can watch him. Why? he constantly moves his body and hands, he fidgets almost as if he is a drug addict. I guess it's because he's nervous? It is painful to watch. Also, sometimes I do not understand what he says because he talks with a lisp because of the gap in his teeth. I know, I have one too. It's tough to overcome, but speaking in public is not his gift.
  • Cannot take any more of George!

Does anyone at the network read these reviews? George needs to go - every time he opens his biased mouth I cringe & turn the channel. As bad as Michael is, he is easier to watch than George. Robin is not far behind with her obvious bias - she & George look like they are pouting and/or angry every day.. Amy is fantastic & so much more professional. Ginger does a great job with the weather & It has been so nice not to see Lara lately. Having been a faithful viewer for many years, however, I can no longer watch this show. Where are network executives??? Please read all these reviews & take them seriously......
  • George - Card carrying Democrat

It seem that ABC ist reading the reviews or simply doesn't care about what viewers are saying. Ever since the card-carrying democrat, George started his ravings, sarcasm, and utter rudeness at anything, Trump or republican I've stopped watching GMA. I cannot believe how ABC allows him to be so biased and utterly rude to his guests. It apparent how much he wanted Hillary and the democrats to win. One can certainly ask probing questions without being antagonistic - I'm pleased to see how well some of the guest handle his rudeness and sarcasm. Get him off the air and replace him with someone who can conduct proper interview. He bringing down Robin, who I think is the star of the program. George, it's evident that you are the tail at the end of the donkey! ABC, you have lost a once loyal viewer!
  • Love Robn and George but Michael Strahan......

2.5
    I find myself changing channels for the morning news when Michael Strahan is there. I'm sure he's a very nice person but he shouldn't be at the news desk. I don't enjoy listening to him. I would love to see Amy have his spot.
  • The fun is gone!

I used to love the lively, fun atmosphere of GMA, but that has changed. George is way too opinionated, Michael isn't working, Lara seems gone or suppressed somehow. I prefer Robin Meade now and may never go back to GMA.