Good Morning America

Weekdays 7:00 AM on ABC Premiered Nov 03, 1975 In Season

Good Morning America Fan Reviews (402)

5.5
  • Annoying background noise STOP STOP STOP

1.5
    GMA has been my go to early morning news The background NOISe is so annoying. Muting commercials is one thing. Muting GMA would be depressing. STOP THE BACKGROUND CLUTTER.
  • Sara, Lara Both Annoying

Lara is awful & we can't forget her allegedly, aggressively pushing Pat O'Brian out & "taking" that lame "Insider" gossip rag show he started from scratch. While she's a mugging zilch on GMA, Sara H in the opinion of many has ruined GMA anytime she's on, now her shrill "look at me" voice & cackle are doing double-doodie on The View. On GMA weekends, nearly every "break" has her getting the last word in via her cackle. Boycotting any shows with her on them. #NoMoreSaraH
  • STOP THE BANNERS ON YOUR SHOWS ANNOYING

Please do not and STOP the banner from appearing on the bottom of the screen as it is annoying and covers up the viewing on the show in its STOP
  • Michael Strahan

I'm very disappointed in Michael Strahan's performance on GMA. The show just isn't the same. I stopped watching because of his lack of TV talent. Amy, Robin George and Ginger are amazing. It saddens me to not be able to even turn the show on now that Michael is on. I do not see the appeal, and i believe many of GMA's viewers are beginning to feel the same. It's such a do miss the show but can't stomach it now with Michael on.
  • The Cringe of Michael

1.5
    I do not like Michael Strahan. Period. I'm now going to watch the Today show. I find no happiness watching him, I usually cringe. He hasn't worked his way up the ladder, he has bowled people over. It just makes me cringe, so it's easier to change the channel. Goodbye.
  • Michael belongs on the field NOT in front of the camera

I'm having a hard to watching GMA while Michael is on the screen. I seriously turn the channel.

A lot of people are bashing Lara. I personally enjoy Lara on this show. Have you noticed the cast appears to be more serious. Before Michael, the cast would laugh and make jokes. They appeared to be happy and a tight group of people. Today, they appear more serious and not so bubbly. What is going on??? I loved the cast before Michael showed up.

I will not watch $100,000 Pyramid. Believe me i tried but i just can not stomach Michael. Didn't care for him on live either. He is an athlete and it shows.

I enjoyed the cast before Michael came. It just seems as if Michael is full of himself. He doesn't care who he steps on to move up the scale. This will come back and bite him one of these days.
  • Most

I cant figure out who or what is more annoying: Lara Spencer or the endless parade of morons mugging to get their face on camera? Lara is so awkwardly full of herself and has an annoying tendency to contort her face thinking she's cute? Not! She reminds me of a Katie Couric wanna be and KC is NOT who anyone wants to see any more of. Then there is the on-set fan crowd which is just plain Distracting. The more GMA tries to show it has supporters the more actual viewers they will lose. By the way, whose idea was "The BIG Board?" I don't get it. It's squirm-worthy at best. Why does the guest in the first box have to sit thru the other two guests' stories and worse, why do we have to watch them watch the others??? Weird y'all. If not for Ginger and Amy I would quit watching all together. I don't even want to get started on the little Greek Napoleon.
  • STOP PUSHING MICHAEL,,IN

I BEEN WITH THIS CHANNEL SINCE THE VERY FIRST SHOW,,,NOW IS ALL CHANGED,IN THE RUSH TO BE FIRST,THE BEST,,YOU ARE FAILING,,,BIG FOR ONE,DON'T CARE FOR MICHAEL STRAHAN,CAN'T STAND HOW FAKE HE IS,PUSHY ,KNOW'S IT ALL (He thinks !) WHEN HE IS IN THE SHOW,,I DON'T WATCH IT IS NOT BECAUSE OF RACE,RELIGION,HIS HEIGHT NOTHING LIKE DON'T CARE FOR THE KNOW THE BIG WHEELS HERE WILL NOT EVEN READ THIS,,,BUT REGULARS THAT GIVE THE NELSON RATINGS SAYING..... THANK TRUMP-2016 - -2024 ....

• PLEASE lose the banner!!

GMA needs to lose the extremely wide banner at the bottom of the screen every morning. I watch GMA on a 23" screen. The banner covers at least 1/4 of my total screen. Half of the time I can't see the thing they are commenting on because it's covered with that banner. None of the other shows on ABC have that huge banner. PLEASE get rid of it.
  • Good morning America

Lately good morning America has been acting like fox news! Today's story was on trump attacking Bill Clinton over a private meeting with the attorney general. The story was followed up with a republican strategist for Donald Trump who endorsed everything Trump said. No news there. The way the story was handled anyone turning on the news for five minutes would believe Donald Trump. Why wasn't A democratic strategist on the show to give a different view point? That would have been objective news reporting. Also, it is so obvious that George Stephanopoulos is Republican and loves Donald Trump! How can that be objective news reporting!
  • Lara Spencer Is Absolutely Awful

Hate, hate, hate this stupid idiot. She adds NOTHING to the show, unless you want to call mugging for the camera, checking herself out in the monitor and fake banter adding something. So shallow and obviously not at all intelligent. And that accent - UGGHH... it grates on the ear. She is an annoying detraction from an otherwise pleasant morning show. I wish they would send her back to entertainment-news-land where she belongs - or better yet, she should get off TV entirely. I actually watch GMA until about 40 minutes in; when she starts her stupid schtick, I switch to Today or CBS.
  • Lara on the way out?

I just read an article that said Lara Spencer may be on her way out! Michael Strahan's addition to the show may be the reason. The article said George will be doing mainly political stuff and Michael and Amy would handle the other stuff. Could we actually be so lucky? The article did not mention Robin and I assume Ginger's job is secure in the weather spot.
  • Heaven help us, GMA seems to be pushing more of Lara on the public!!

4.5
    Despite reams of bad reviews about the awkward, goofy and narcissistic Lara Spencer, in apparent total disregard of the outcry by those who care enough to write in, ABC for some unknown reason seems to be determined to foist the very unprofessional and unpleasant personality of Lara Spencer on the viewing public. It seems unbelievable but true that ABC/GMA now has Lara sitting next to George S. for a special segment they get to share. Poor George must be apoplectic! How the poor gawky thing, with arms flailing, head tossing and the unending succession of very odd expressions and facial muggings manages to hold a spot on the show is very puzzling. The facial contortions designed by Lara to make her seem serious or cute or funny or adorable are so laughable as to be painful. Please GMA stop trying to bend the viewing publics will to your need to shelter the poor unfortunate woman.
  • Sneaky Pete

6/20/16: It has become apparent that your new strategy is to "weave" Lara Spencer in and out of the first hour of GMA. A few minutes of George ... a few minutes of Amy ... and the some of Lara. As soon as I hear her voice I change the channel. I use to watch the first 20 minutes or so to hear some actual news from George and Amy ... but can't even do that now, since you insist on shoving Lara down our throats. I don't know when you people will get it - people aren't fans of Lara. As long as you insist on keeping her on your program, your ratings will continue to fall. You are nothing more than a morning entertainment show with a few minutes of news.

4/08/16: To answer the question as to why Amy covers when Robin is gone, it is because Amy is a legitimate, polished, professional news woman. She also anchors the ABC Evening News from time to time. Her manner is more professional and her voice is much more pleasant than Lara's. With Lara's gravely, breathy, excitement-tinged voice, she sounds like she should be calling out Bingo numbers - not delivering real news. At least if she stays in the Pop News area I can turn the channel - but I cannot watch when she's in the anchor chair. Narcissistic personality to the max! Flipping that hunk o'hair that she likes hanging over her face, oogling the cameras, always trying to get her mug in the picture - ew! Cannot stand to watch her.

1/21/16: Lead story on today's version of "Entertainment Today" (aka GMA): Will Smith and his wah wah story about boycotting the Oscars. Lead story on NBC's Today show: the storm heading toward the East Coast, the Presidential Race (including the Trump/Palin freak show), and a third newsworthy story I can't recall. Although I only watched for ~30 minutes, never once did I have to listed to one of the black actors whining about not being "included" in the Oscar nominations. Really? Get over yourselves! Will Smith -- you, your wife and your bratty entitled kids have a multi-million dollar (if not billion dollar) empire. What - you need more money? In fact - I don't watch ANY of those award shows, as I'm sick and tired of seeing people who already have millions of dollars attend yet more parties and award shows that lavish them with more money, more glory, $100,000 gift bags, etc. Isn't it enough the general public has to pay $15-20 to see their movies??? And yet - there they are - in their designer gowns, with their diamonds and jewels, acting like the world should get down on their knees and worship the ground they walk on. It all makes me nauseaus!!! NEWS FLASH: there are people starving in this world and other travesties of justice taking place. And your biggest concern is how glamorous you are - wanting the world to revel in your wealth? Sorry folks - not me. I don't watch ANY of those disgusting displays of greed. The Emmys, the Oscars, the Golden Globes, and the bajillion other award shows that have been dreamed up to stroke the egos of these millionaire actors and actresses. And to the fact that GMA loves to publicize this crap - I don't watch them any more!

12/14/15: One other comment: as much as I love Ginger, it's really time to lose the stiletto pumps. You're much too pregnant to be walking around on those. The juxtaposistion of your large stomach and those skinny little stiletto heels is not a pleasant sight.

12/11/15: Dear GMA: I haven't posted to this site since September (as you can see from my last post) because, as I said, I am finished with GMA. I am one of the viewers who switched to Today for my morning show (and sometimes the CBS morning show). Why? Because, as the article in the Salt Lake Tribune today (Dec. 11) indicates - people are sick and tired of the constant hee-hawing your "news staff" (and I use that term loosely) engages in, the segments on cute animals, social media chit chat, Dancing with the Stars, celebrities - what they wear, where they go, who they dating, their fabulous lives blah blah blah, and that blasted Kim Kardashian!!! There is serious stuff happening in this world - but apparently GMA thinks she's news! And, personally, Lara Spencer is one of the main reasons I don't watch anymore. I cannot stand to watch her pathetic need for attention and camera time. I know she thinks she is "all that" - but many people don't. In any case, your fall in the ratings is a result of all of the above and more. Time to get back to more serious programming (a little fun is OK - but that's all your program is anymore) and a more professional crew. Maybe now that your ratings are falling you'll listen!

9/02/15:

For the past three days we have been subjected to gravel voiced Lara Spencer sitting in the anchor chair next to George and looking like the cat who swallowed the canary. What is wrong with you people at GMA? You have an authentic, professional anchor sitting in the side chair next to the blonde bimbo you insist on shoving down our throats! With that breathy voice and that tinge of excitement with which she announces everything, she sounds like she should be calling out bingo number. There is NO WAY Lara Spencer is anchor material. So folks, c'mon over to NBC, because - unlike GMA - they actually have more news and less fluff, and they have a professional, easy-on-the-eyes and ears team in their lineup. And while I'm at it - the NBC news website is heads and tails above the ABC site. My last day of looking at ABC was when I saw "Kim Karskankians pregnancy lips" touted on ABC's front page!!! How utterly disgusting. I'm sure this picture appealed to the 17 . males out there! On second thought, perhaps it is appropriate that the Disney corporation owns ABC, as most of the crap on their ABC site is suited for just that - hairbrained idiots. Buh bye ABC.

• Michael S. Why??

I find it simple to watch the beginning as they put all the new I need. I don't need much more. The show is becoming a three ring circus. Adding Michael was the end of it for me. He's a former football player and not a George.

20 minutes is the max foe me as I don't need another talk show.

• Lara Spencer

Is an idiot. Her feet are always pointed out as she stands blah blah for camera. I cannot stand to watch flea market flip because of her fake darling act. You stink'
  • Not real journalism

GMA is all for Hillary they just trash TRUMP .They don't ever elaborate to the public about Hillary wrong doings throughout her political is being investigated by is important that the public is made aware that Hillary does not know how to protect our country with security measures that she was suppose to be aware of and use. I can't even stand the sound of GMA,NBC and all owned (supposingly) journalism shows that are working for billionaires n public figures and not working for the American for America media with all employees that call themselves journalists.
  • New Format

Amy should be at the table with Robin and George not record this every day so I can watch but will be changing to the Today Show .. The new format is not working for me. I can only take Michael and Lara in small doses sorry GMA

• Maybe it is time to change

I have watched GMA for years since I retired. I was happy when Josh left as he needed a lot of attention. It seems everyone is trying to be funny. Wasn't Lara the only one who showed cute videos. Now everyone wants to get in on the act. Too Much. The show is becoming Variety Hour. If the show wants to get back on track, get back to news with minimal show time. These concerts do not interest me. Do they forget that the kids are in school at that time of day and it is mostly stay at home adults who are watching the show? Why did they add Michael Strahan to the show?. Also get a new lawyer as I do not like the guy you have. He has changed a little and is more tolerable but bring back Nancy Gray. She has some oomph (but a little over the top). I find I am beginning to switch to CBS this morning a lot these days.
  • It pays to ask maybe (?)

Michael haters - Instead of leaving, he's actually going to be full time on GMA in the fall. On this one you'll have to review louder.

Lara haters - On her need for attention, it maybe has worked! Pat yourself on the back for this one, too. Now, I don't have the numbers on how much time she spends needing or not needing the attention on her, but then again, no one else does either (and yes, I'm dangerously assuming here, I know). Shrug.

Lara's voice haters - Really? This one won't work. No kudos for you. She was born with her voice, and for the small handful of you (out of millions) who appear to be really bothered by this, no one is going to fire her over it. Maybe you can go make your bed or do dishes; you decide. So, please put the brakes on this. Besides, you are bordering on bullying vs. reviewing on this one.

Content haters - Remember the title of the show (I'll wait). [Insert tapping fingers on table here]. This is a good show, a morning show for America; it's a welcome to your day type show. It brings you a bunch of everything human interest. It's loaded with things to think about and talk about and cuss about during your day. You know you want it! So, there is good and bad of everything; the news; weather, categories galore of entertainment, and let me think. Oh, yes. Politics. Maybe this falls under entertainment this election year. I think the jury is still out on that.

But, I digress.

So, my, my. About George - on who he does or doesn't interview. Read up on George. I'm a huge fan. Read up, and don't stop with Wikipedia you won't get it. Like him or not, you'll know why he can (pretty much) do what he chooses. He's earned it.

On the amount of commercials - GMA (or any other show) has absolutely no control over how many commercials are shown. There are no rules on it per the FCC. However, you can switch to children's shows. They are the exception with only 10.5/hr weekends, and 12/hr weekdays. So, there is that. Remember though, these are sponsors... cha-ching and all that.

So, for those that aren't having a good morning in America, there are buttons on the remote. One will mute Lara's voice; one will possibly change your mood (or not) by changing the channel, and one will absolutely make your day so very much better! It's the one that says "power". Have a nice rest of your day!

My motto: When your voice makes changes for the good, keep up the good work. When it doesn't? Shhhhhhhh.
  • Strahan

I don't see the appeal. I don't get why GMA thinks he can help. I think TJ Holmes meshes much better with the crew. GMA has enough self-important personalities on set. Seriously, lighten up GMA.
  • Seriously GMA

I have been a faithful GMA viewer for many years even after Sam and Josh left. But Strahan? I quit watching Live with Kelly when he joined the show and now I switched to the Today show and glad I did! Strahan is just not interesting and frankly he is annoying! Just saying!
  • Strahan, really??

Why? It's difficult to understand this man and he has nothing to offer to the show. I actually caught myself going back and watching the Today Show for the first time in years. I guess that no one on staff cared to read the comments on all of the AOL articles covering this issue. Strahan is not considered a big draw, but rather a turnoff.
  • Hating on george

I am so tired of the love affair between George and trump. Give some else some airtime. The public may want to here from other candidates. You have dumbed down our political process by not letting us here real news rather than entertainment.
  • Lara Spencer not good for gma

Since Sam Champion and Josh Elliot left the show, I think it has gone downhill. Lara Spencer was only good with Josh Elliot by her side. She gets on my nerves! I love Robin Roberts, but she can't carry the show! I find myself watching Today Show more now.
  • Annoying

4.5
    GMA is getting hard to watch. Just give me the news not a circus. I'm not sure who is more annoying Lara or Robin with their strive to be funny, they don't know when to stop. I rarely watch the show anymore and if I do I can't watch the whole show. Too much nonsense.
  • Deals & Steals ???

I have tried every where to find today's (5/3/16) deals & steals. No can do. Why? Was interested in buying some candles but no luck. I only use regular internet, no apps, no twitter. No deals & steals for me. Also, I used to watch GMA every day, but now, not enough news. I start my day with Morning Joe on MSNBC, then later switch to GMA to see what might be on of any interest. Today, no Deals &; Steals; for me, I have tried many of the sights which say GMA Deals & Steals, no luck. I give up on GMA, used to be much better, but I prefer real news, back to MSNBC for me.
  • More content

I'd like more content, less commercials! And more news, less entertainment! 100 weddings in 24 hours?? Seriously?? I had to turn off the TV at that point. That's not what I watch the news to see. I do love the chemistry between the anchors and I sense that they are warm and genuine. That's what made me quit watching Today after the Ann Curry debacle - zero chemistry. The health, cooking, and inspirational segments are great. Just tone down the silliness, please.
  • GMA APPROPRIATELY LOST BEHIND LARGE BLUE AND YELLOW BANNERS! HELP!!

Whose idea was that? How does anyone not get how bad those banners are?! Producers? You there? Anybody home? They take up more than 25% of my screen.. and completely destory the visual story. The ticker tape at the bottom is bad enough! Second complaint: The genuine chemistry and playfulness between the anchors has always been a draw for me. However, that's all there is anymore! More is not better. There's no real news-very little worthy coverage and nothing of depth unless you count the hyper-dramatizations of sad events. There is no REAL substance anymore. Your ratings are DOWN! HEY PRODUCERS! You throw out peanuts.. you get MONKEYS!
  • what happened to real news?

I watch about the first 30 minutes of GMA to get the news. The rest of the show is almost like a variety show! I sure miss Diane Sawyer, she was a real journalist! Something needs to change, losing my interest!