Good Times

CBS (ended 1979)

boechsner

Good Times Fan Reviews (42)

• Florida was married to James Evans and they had three children, J.J., Thelma and Michael. The Evans family also had a next door neighbor, Willona Woods who was also a main character.

7.9
    The first 3 seasons of this show are great. James Evans was my favorite character. The show was never the same when they killed him off at the beginning of the 4th season. I thought J.J. was overrated. He could be funny once in a while, but more often than not, he was annoying, mainly due to the fact that he said the catch phrase "DYNOMITE!" in almost every episode. That got real old after a while. James Evans cracked me up. He always had a classic one liner whenever J.J. or Michael would mouth off to him. And of course there was Florida Evans. She wasn't very funny, but she was a good straightman(or woman, rather). She was the glue that held the Evans family together. Thelma was beautiful. Willona was ok. Michael was annoying.