Goosebumps

How I Got My Shrunken Head (1)

Aired Unknown Sep 14, 1998 on FOX

• The following episode is a two-part episode and thus, a two-part review shall be given for it...

Here is the breakdown for this show. It has both good points and bad points. Here are the good points:

1: Good characters
    2: Good plot

Here are the bad points:

1: The scenery could have been better
    2: The special effects could have been better.

Now here's why I liked this episode based on the good points I made about it:

1: Good characters because they remind me of the characters in Tomb Raider III that Lara Croft encounters during the first part of her adventure in the jungle and temple ruins of India.

2: Good plot because it is comparable to that of the first part of Tomb Raider III. I am a big fan of the Tomb Raider game series and this plot was sort of like the India Levels in a way.

Now here's where this show could have been better:

1: The scenery was good during the flight scene, but once they landed, there wasn't much of a jungle...More like an ordinary campsite out on a field. This could have difinitely been improved.

2: The special effects were okay, but they could have been improved. The spider dream scene was not too bad. But the last scene could have been improved somewhat. Also, the actors could have done a little better portraying their characters.
  • A gread installment

I think this episode is another great addition to the Goosebumps series, is simply, the way it was filmed.

What I mean to say is that it has great special effects, the acting is prety well. The way the eyes glow and how the head floats is simply amazing! It takes place in a normal boys house on his birthday and he gets a shrunken head. And his aunt asks him to come to the jungles with him. But everything is not as he pictured.

He ends up in trouble. BIG TROUBLE! This episode is great, and I recomend the DVD to anybody.

JEJAYNES123
  • Dah! The head coming to life the first time was the creepiest!

How can I say this? This episode had me going like the first 6 minutes. Then out in the jungle...things just weren't that interesting. I mean, I liked this episode, don't get me wrong, but it just didn't have that...entertainment. The head in the room was really creepy. And the guys at the head were a little creepy but other that, this episode was...ok. Mark was pretty good at acting. The Hawlings were a little...crazy. Kareen was alright. Better than she was in "Stay Out of the Basement." I hated the mom. It was like she didn't care about Mark. Oh, well.