Goosebumps

How I Got My Shrunken Head (2)

Aired Unknown Sep 14, 1998 on FOX

• Here is part II of my review of this episode:

Mark is now in the jungle of baladora...At a campsite. He wanted to see his Aunt Benna, but she's not there. Another scientist claims she's 'missing'. Mark has a dream that she's hypnotizing him and in the dream, she's wearing shades. She uses some kind of magical coin on a string. He sees some guy who sort of looks like a spider. When he wakes up from the dream, he goes out to search for Aunt Benna. The scientist's daughter goes with him. Along the way, Mark almost drowns in quicksand, but manages to save himself with a 'word he made up' called Kaleeah! Then, they fall into a pit trap upon reaching another smaller site. How will they get out? And what is a tiki-dressed native doing there?

The theme song for this episode:

Heavy by Collective Soul.
  • The actors were great! If only it were closer to the book, I'd give it a 9.5.

This was a pretty good episode. The actors and actresses that played the zombie workers did a great job making it look as if they were really mindless. A few special effects did seem fake, like when Mark floats into the air, and the workers and explanation from Dr. Hawlings made it entirely different from the book it is adapted from, but I do give it an 8.0 for the acting, and it being based on my favorite Goosebumps book, and not to mention the very first Goosebumps book that I ever read. If the episode were more connected to the book, I would've probably given it a rating around a 9.5.