Gossip Girl

Desperately Seeking Serena

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Apr 28, 2008 on The CW

7.8

7.3
    A very interesting episode of Gossip Girl, we got the usual cliffhangers, the regular comedic timing, and just some entertaining drama. The SAT's and Blair trying to take down another girl that was taking them wasn't very entertaining, and was probably the weakest plot of the bunch.

Well that might no be entirely true considering Jenny managed to ruin another episode for me. Where are the writers even going with this character? She serves no purpose other than being incredibly annoying (especially as of late). Nate & Vanessa? Okay, that was random, I hate when two people just hook up for the heck of it, so this was unsettling.

The Georgina scenes really were fantastic, I love Michelle Trachtenberg, so it was great seeing her here, and I love the fact that she's playing a character as sinister as Georgina, definitely looking forward to future story lines involving Georgina's scheming, definitely not looking forward too Jenny's relationship story lines. Entertaining episode.
  • It was nice, but G ruined it for me.

G: Serena's old friend, Georgina is back and town and she's out to party. She becomes a major bad influence for Serena and a huge obstacle when it comes to her and Dan's relationship. I really hate G, the actress is horrible, her character is so pointless and she can't get any more annoying.

Jenny: As all her friends start studying for the SATs, she is forced to go on her own and with that in mind, she finds a king. Her king must be smart, he must be good looking and of course, he must have a lot of money. She finds a guy who fits well with her standards, but remember, you're grounded Little J. Asher seems like an interesting enough addition to the show. I hope Jenny and Blair continue their quarrels.

Blair: She steals back her circle from Jenny after she has luxuries to offer and other than that, she also has a very big plan to have a higher ranking in her SATs. It was sort of filler-ish, but it wasn't that bad, had its funny moments.

Nate: Well, Nate is the most normal character on this show and that is why he stands out (how ironic). He starts getting to know Vanessa, you know, Dan's friend. They seem to have chemistry and I see more of them in the future. I like the idea of them getting together, but they aren't the most exciting characters on the show, so it might end up a little dull.
  • Someone from Serena's past is back. She is someone who knows the Serena of old.

Someone from Serena's past is back. She is someone who knows the Serena of old.

Serena decided to meet with Georgina, and the first night they went out she was drunk. The next night Georgina told Serena to meet to hear about the new her, and whilst Serena was on the phone she spiked her drink.

The next morning Serena woke up at Georgina and was risking of missing the SAT's. She called Chuck and he decided to pay someone to take Serena's place. Meanwhile Dan realised that something was wrong.

Serena is afraid of Georgina. Something happened last year, something that she is afraid of telling even Chuck. Meanwhile Jenny found a guy who can help her become Queen instead of Blair.
  • Everybody has their evil side.

The infamous Georgina Sparks returns. She is driving Serena crazy. It's like, G has S wrapped around her finger. And it isn't pretty. Poor Serena, waking up not knowing what happened the night before. Ugh, Georgina is twisted. Blair is also twisted, gathering her "army" and they all turn against Nelly Yuki. Nelly however, buys Blair's pseudo-concern, not knowing that B has been scheming to take her down. Not that Nelly's gonna be "Queen", B thinks Nelly has a bigger chance of going to Yale. So thus, she does whatever she can, even taking out the batteries out of Nelly's calculator. I'm not a huge fan of Vanessa and Nate, and never will be. Lol. It was an okay episode.
  • Buffy's little sister stars as Serena's ex-BFF.

Every time I see Michelle Trachtenberg all I think of is her as Buffy's little sister. In everything she's done. even the Harriet the Spy movie which came out years before she was on Buffy. All I saw all episode was Dawn which threw me waaaay off track. I have to say she did a better job than I expected though. I loved to hate Dawn mostly because she was so annoying, but I love to hate Georgina for totally different reasons. She's deceiving, scheming, and wears great clothes =] and she definitely plotted for Serena to miss the SATs.
    Can't wait to see how she keeps lying to Dan, and telling him she's Sara, and has nothing to do with Serena.
  • 5 Reasons Why "Desperately Seeking Serena" Rocked!

Reasons Why "Desperately Seeking Serena" Rocked:

1. Because the SAT Montage was mad-cool - I really thought the SAT montage at the beginning was very cool. I liked all the little touches. For example, did anyone notice Blair's vocabulary cards? They were outlined in frilly yellow paper. And in true Chuck fashion, he said screw the SATs and hired someone to take the test for him. 2. Because Chuck is not so much a Ba$$hole - So, last week the episode rocked because Chuck was a Ba$$hole, but this episode was even better because he wasn't so much. I like the fact that Serena feels she can turn to Chuck. Not only did Chuck come to Serena's rescue once (he sent a car for her) but he also covered for her SATs. I like the fact that Chuck is being a bit nicer to Serena. I think he truly loves the idea of having a family. 3. Because Nelly Yuki is fun to say - It's true. The name just kind of rolls off the tongue. And the fact that Blair said her full name over a dozen time was hilarious. And again, Blair's inner-b*tch was channeled and she devoured Nelly. Stealing the batteries at the end was a nice touch. Somehow, we overlook her cruel attitude and find her likable.
    4. Because Georgina plays dirty - And here I thought Blair played dirty. She's as clean as freshly washed towels compared to the filth that Georgina is getting into. Not only did she spike Serena's drink now she's set her sights on Dan, which can only spell trouble for Serena/Dan. I was hoping for some trouble for this pefect ship, so I can't wait to see what "Sarah" has in store for her past BFF and Dan. 5. Because Nate is still boring, but Vanessa isn't - So yeah, I still find Nate boring, however, I think this storyline is something that will give him a bit more action. I like he and Vanessa as a couple. I think mainly because they are so different and come from completely different worlds. The "door step" moment was nice. Also, the look in Dan and Blair's eyes after seeing the two get into the town car was a good touch.
  • Georgina

Georgina has returned for Serena. The SATs are here and everyone panics to get a good score. Nate and Vanessa start hanging out and they kiss. Dan feels like he is separated from Serena. Jenny meets a cute guy, Asher. She wants to go out with him, but Rufus tells her she's still grounded and not allowed to date. Blair wants to be better than Nelly Yuki, a really smart girl. She sabotages her studying plan by bringing her old boyfriend back into her life and making her miserable. Serena and Georgina party, even though Serena doesn't want to get into her old self again. She tells Georgina to stay away, but she meets Dan. Chuck is a good and bad "brother" to Serena.

This was a great episode! I felt sorry for Nelly. She was so innocent, but Blair made her feel terrible. I don't like Georgina. I don't want Serena to be messed up by her. I want to know what happened last year though. The idea of Nate and Vanessa is okay, but I don't really like Vanessa that much. This episode gets a 9.5 out of 10!
  • Luuurrve It!! =]

Love It!! Chuck is so HOT!!

=] This was a great episode...

Getting borde with the whole Jenny story now though...
    She needs to grow up and get a life!!

Nate and Vanessa??hmmm...not sure about these two yet..

Blair...gotta love this girl, she's so devious!! Not long now till' she's back on top!! Serena and Chuck, love how Chuck is being nicer his character is realy growing. Just hope they don't develop beyond this because Serena and Dan are so nice together.

G is Evil!! Pure evil, realy bursting to know what Serena's secret is..thought it would have been revealed in this episode, no such luck.Bring on next week.

I realy want Blair and Chuck to get together, it's taking to long for them to find each other again. But you could tell with the look they gave each other when the went past that there's still something between them. WOOP!! WOOP!!
    They seriously need to get together sooooon real SOOON!! Lmao!!Chuck looked sooo haawwt in that red coat...hhmmm
    =] =]

Great episode lots of suprises, whole Jenny storyline realy getting BOOORRRIIINNNGG!!

Can't wait for the next episode!!

xoxo
  • One Word-GEORGINA SPARKS!!!

Gossip Girl was greater this episode than the previous one because of the great installment of Georgina Sparks character that brings so much suspens and drama.Her introduction is the greatest part of the episode and the shape of thigs to come along with her and Serena.It is so sweet for all the fans of the show to realize what is the connection between Serena and Georgina and the biggest question and clifthanger after taht one with the gossip girl-Why Did Serena Left Manhattan?Michele Trachtenberg is a great actress and brings so much greatness to the show with her chilly character and amazing beautiful face.Serena returns to her old habits abd acts like before.I like the scenes where we see the past Serena drunk at clubs.
    Blair was not great this episode and I think that Serena is stealing the spotlght from her.She is even not that main character since the storyline with her as a queen and her relationships with Nate and Chuck are over.She is just not that interesting any more.I loved the scene whre she cares about seeing Nate with Vanessa.I realizes taht she still loves him.
    Dan was not that main this episode and was somehow standing on the side.But he is very good at keeping Serena out of her habits.
    Jenny is getting more and more annoying with her constant murmurring for fame and fortune.
    Nate is getting so lttle screen time.I hope the couple Nate and Vanesa will be good in the terms of supercouple.I hope.
    Chuc is aside of lots of the stories.
    Rufus and Lily are no more that great characters.
    I think taht the first part of the season before the strike is so much better that these episodes except for Georgina's character.I hope Gossip Girl will return to its own peaks.
  • i love it goergina is back

i loved this eposide in every eposide they make he me hate jenny even more lol.there were not alot of chuck and bair sence olny when they walked past each other.in the begining thet were all studing for there SAT'S and chuck got another person to do his test i love chuck bass.Then georina commes and sees serena and is nuce to her at first in the commeral i thought that they were enmeys i acally love georgina i think she makes thing intresting.ok dont get me wrong blair is my fav charter but what she did to nelly yuki was kinda mean.i still cant belive chuck helped senerna so much in this eposide he is so sweet i want him and blair to get back toghter lol .then dan meet serena and she said her name is sacrh.i thought in this eposide they would reavle sereneas secert but for the commeral for next week i was hopeing it was going to be this week but annyway icant wait till the nxt eposide gossip girl is the best show in the world .
  • Georgina returns. Serena returns to old habits. Blair brings down the competition, and its not Jenny. Jenny spies her 'king'.

This was a great episode. I love how nice and supportive Chuck is being to Serena. For Chuck anyway. I really wasn't a fan of his coats, particulary the orange one. Georgina is great, I am glad that there is a bit of drama in Serena's life again. Serena was pretty naive in this episode, if she knows Georgina as well as Georgina claims to know her then surely she should have seen right through her. I also loved the Blair and Nelly Yuki thing. The queen B is returning. Jenny actually managed to sink lower. Using that poor guy to try and become Queen. Like she ever will be anyway. Nate/Vanessa are interesting, a little bit random, but better than Nate/Jenny. I really hope that everyone gets back to being friends again.
  • Serena's friend Georgina comes back to town and makes S indulge in old party habits. B sabotages rival Nelly Yuki to increase her chances of getting into Yale. Jenny finds a king in dog-walker Asher. Nate and Vanessa hook up. And all in SAT week no less.

7.8
    Georgina's not as bad as she was made out to be, but that may be because we haven't seen the worst of her yet. She's certainly an interesting addition, and Michelle Trachtenberg plays her well. However, the Nate-Vanessa affair was the real highlight of this episode I think. They look ridiculously good together since both of them are so easygoing and down-to-earth. And the chemistry between the actors is great. I'm almost jealous.

The Blair and Jenny rivalry is getting old.. I miss Jenny's witticisms and capacity to be more than the blonde social-climber that she is now. I think she should just leave it. Blair is definitely a much-better bee.

And was that Vampire Weekend's Campus I heard at the cafe when Nate was lending Dan his SAT study materials? Thank goodness for good music. After all, the episode was just average.
  • Serena's past comes back to haunt her (and Dan), Vanessa and Nate grow closer, and Chuck and Blair have angry eye sex.

OK so I rated this a 9.5 because it brought a bunch of stuff to the table.

1.)Georgina: She's a total fruit loop, but you know its gonna be interesting (especially since she was flirting with Dan in the last scene of the episode)! We still don't know what Serena's deep dark secret is, but I doubt it will be something so cut and dry and a sex tape (I'm assuming that's what it is anyways). There's got to be more to it than that. 2.) Serena and Chuck: I was totally opposed to these two ever possibly hooking up...and now I'm not so sure. I loved their banter and Chuck's...well I just love Chuck so...yeah. Is it just me or did anyone else think Dan is jumping to the conclusion that they're sleeping together? Just from how the last scene at his suite was shot, it seemed to give that impression on me.

3.) Nate and Vanessa: OMG I LOVE THEM! I heard about them a while ago, and now I just think they are adorable together. 4.) Chuck and Blair: Still no Chuck and Blair interaction - besides the angry eye sex and Chuck's feigning disinterest ("What issues? I have no issues." Uh huh. Suuurrreee...) but I know that when we eventually DO get some interaction, its going to be AWESOME!

5.)Blair: Her plotline was kind of pointless for this episodes, but whatever. Its Blair.

Jenny: I don't hate Jenny, but this high and mighty crap just doesn't suite her. When will she realize that?

All in all: Good episode.
  • A good episode. But I've seen better.

Good episode. But is wasn't the greatest one of the series. OMG Blair took the batteries from her calculator. What a b*tch. And G is an evil b*tch. She drugged S, she belongs in the mental institution. I wonder what is so bad that Serena can't tell Dan or Chuck for that matter. OMFG N and V together. I mean I say the preview online of them kissing but still couldn't believe it. Blair's reaction was so sad. I felt so bad for her. Jenny's guy, whatever his name is, isn't that great looking. O well. I hope he dumps her a** she is going mad on the dream of becoming "queen" or whatever. Next week looks so good. Can't wait
  • It was a really good episode and a totally enjoyable. Georgina, Serena's old friend, cames back and everything changes after that. New character comes, Asher. He will be the boyfriend canditate to Jenny. Also Blair finds a new person to manipulate- Nelly.

Michelle really fits in Georgina role. But Georgina is even meaner than Blair. I was like really angry when she went out and met Dan and told that she is Sara. I wanted to reveal her. Serena seemed a little naive in this episode. How she can fall many times in the same Georgina trap. I really liked how Chuck was in this time. He was nice and he looked really hot. And i was suprised to find out his real name Charlie. I liked that Blair is a queen B again and it was briliant how she played with Nelly. I liked Nelly's glasses. Blair looked really good in this episode. Dan was ok this time but didn't like how she looked Gergina in the end. Nate and Vanessa looked cute together. So if they will be together i have nothing against it. Jenny was ok too and i like her new hairstyle. Asher was very cute in the end. I think he and Jenny will be good couple. So afterall it was really good episode and can't wait for next one. I already wanna know what Serena and Georgina secret is?
  • it was bit of a let down for me! except for vanessa and nate!

i expected so much more from this one!

i mean where was all the drama i expected fromt eh arrival of g. like she just took s out to ge drunk and made her miss her sats. wow thats big stuff!

like we didn't even hear what the secret was and i know in time we will know but i just got annoyed byt the whole her not tlaking to dan about it! makes me feel like they are gonna break up cos shes not being honest and he wont be able to trus her etc.

loved teh ate and ness thing that was cool! it happened so fast though i didnt think they hook up that fast but hey at least it wasnt draggd!
  • Georgina returns to New York City.

Let me just start out by saying that after having seen this episode, I have to say that I absolutely loved, loved, loved this episode, and I personally thought that this was one of the best episodes ever of Gossip Girl. For me, the highlight of this episode was definitely Chuck. I thought that Chuck had a lot of great moments and tons of really funny and memorable lines. I thought that it was really nice how he helped Serena deal with Georgina throughout the entire episode. I also really liked Jenny and her story line in this episode. The whole situation between Vanessa and Nate really intrigued me. I can't wait to see how that all unfolds. In my opinion, Blair's story line was great too. All of the story lines in this episode were great. I thought that this was a very well written, well acted and well made episode of Gossip Girl by everyone who was involved in making it. In closing, like I said at the beginning of my review, I thought that this was an amazing episode of Gossip Girl, and I can't wait to see next week's episode.
  • Georgina finally arrives and its everything you could possibly hope for. Serena is trying to avoid her old self which seemingly had made one major mistake (which is very forewarning at the end of the episode) and "G" is at risk of bringing it all back.

After last weeks intense episode it was tough to see how Gossip Girl could continue to be as great in its next episode and live up to the introduction of Georgina. Needless to say, Michelle Trachtenberg plays her exactly as you would want her to be as on the outside this slightly sweet character, and inside this devil. However, while "G" is who everyone will be talking about, there were other great complimentary storylines working in this episode. To begin with, Serena and Dan finally started to hit some major issues, however the real interactions that made the episode great were those between Dan and Chuck. At times it was almost playful banter between them and at other times it was alot more as a feud seems to be growing between them. The Blair storyline was completely humor relief and to remind us that she really is back to who she truly is. There are some surprising turns this week for Nate, who is becoming more and more likable each week, and while I won't spoil what happens for him, it really is your feel good time in the episode (cause the Serena part isn't exactly feel good). The last part of this complex episode may have been its weakest, as Jenny is becoming more and more like Blair, but was still entertaining. Its obvious that she is always trying to get her way, and using her charm to get it. Jenny is definitely an intricate character, and this episode shows it, cause you love and hate her at the same time. All and all, this was another great episode that any Gossip Girl fan will love, and gives you high hopes for how this season will end.