Gossip Girl Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Blair and Dan vs Blair and Chuck...opinions?

madddison

[21]Sep 2, 2012
    • level: 5
    Blair and Dan are no comparission to Blair and Chuck.. youve got to be joking they have been working through their relationship and sexual tention for 5 seasons! They love to hate each other and each time they braek up or hurt eachother its more painful and scandaless then the last time.
    Blair and Dan are just plain boring to see with each other. just a time filler.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mmmshuddup

[22]Nov 29, 2012
    • level: 12
    carrionrockr wrote:

Dan and Blair definitely.

Dan and Blair have a chemistry that was LOST between Chuck and Blair long ago. And it was so much better built-up! I started in season 4 and who could resist a hopeless romantic pining for a forbidden, far away love? Especially one as beautiful and brilliant as Blair Waldorf!?

Ask me long ago and I would have said Blair and Chuck without hesitation. But that has been dead to me since about the fourth episode of season 3.

mmmshuddup

[23]Nov 29, 2012
    • level: 12
    ZoltanSerfozo wrote:
    I like the relationship (or whatever it is) between Blair and Dan. They're so different, so this gives some pepper and salt to this show I want S06!

Exactly! That's what so many fail to see and understand! They're so different and for some reason it works so well! I got tired of being jerked around with Chuck and Blair and the "let's wait" crap is just sickening. They have brought out the absolute worst in each other! Honestly I really liked Chuck with the French woman. That would have been perfect, it helped me see that Chuck and Blair could really be over and it would be ok!

rebachick94

[24]Jun 17, 2013
    • level: 16

I honestly don't like either one. Maybe I'm clutching too hard to the books, but I always thought Blair and Nate belonged together. Or Nate and Serena. Blair completely ignores Dan for the first three or four seasons, and then suddenly, they become friends and kiss? This whole show annoys me because it doesn't follow the books at all. Though Blair and Chuck never happened in the books, I tried to be supportive when it happened. They were both lying, scheming and manipulative people, so I thought maybe they'd make a good couple. They're both sick and twisted, so maybe they belonged together. The first few seasons were too much back and forth, and Chuck...Would it kill him to say I love you too? Then once they finally got together, they were constantly playing games, having problems, messing with each other, and when they broke up, they were constantly at war. Chuck kissed Blair at least twice while she was with Louis, the man she was supposed to be spending her life with. Chuck and Blair are that high school back-and-forth relationship that never works out, but they keep trying anyway. Blair and Dan...another pairing that never happened in the books. They got to this point, and I'm like, "Does everyone in this show have to hook up?" Blair always hated Dan, so them being together seemed unrealistic. I always preferred Dan and Vanessa, but the way they were portrayed in the show annoyed me.

libertybaker5

[25]Oct 30, 2013
    • level: 1

AAAAARGHH! Don't make me choose! Blair and Chuck are beautiful and I agree that they belong together. But there's just something about Dair that makes me love them... I love the friendship between Blair and Dan

libertybaker5

[26]Oct 30, 2013
    • level: 1
    I totally agree, Blair and Dan have a relationship that allows friendship and love. Chuck and Blair have an epic love, but they don't have friendship. It really warms my heart how well Dan and Blair understand each other, it's touching when Dan writes Louis' vows for him. And Blair says "It's like he peered into my soul.".

talielle

[27]Dec 3, 2013
    • level: 4

Chuck and Blair all the way!! I started to really dislike Dan around season 4/5 anyway.

But Chuck and Blair belong together- they are so good together!