Gossip Girl Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Blair vs. Serena

Who do you like more?

Orbster251

[121]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 5

I never really read the books, but I can answer based on the show. At first Serena seemed more appealing and I related to her more. But the more i got to know Serena and the things she did, the less I liked her. She is just a major trouble maker, even if what she does is unintentional. But I do understand why she is the way she is...She has no father figure in her life and her mother constantly blocks her emotionally and doubts her constantly, thus she moves from one man to the other to try and find a male figure that would approve of her. Blair however I hated her guts when she was still in high school, and she is the type of girl that always gave me hell when I was still in high school. But her relationship with Chuck was about the best thing that happened to her, because she truly loves him and that brought out a lot of her good qualities, and she is continually becoming a better person (as much as her kind can allow her). So the final verdict is...well...I like Blair best, but i like the complexity of Serena's character, even though I don't like the things she does or the reason behind her attitude.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Orbster251

[122]Dec 6, 2010
    Jordan_Alexa wrote:
    KathyB4 wrote:
    yep! i like blair better too. i especially don't like serena when she decides she loves nate and writes him a letter about it...right at the same time that he and blair reconcile..normal people don't do that. blair is a major b*tch but at least she doesn't do the same thing over and over again like u mentioned serena still continues to try to hook up with nate.

i know! i hated serena so much then. and then in the last book when she tried to get with him, i didn't like that nate didn't pick either of them either. i thought that was really cowardly.

I actually think Nate's decisions was wise. Sometimes the best way to make a clear final decisions one has to let go of old connections. I sure hope they do that for Nate in the 4th seasons....he needs to find someone new...Also I want Blair and Chuck to be together, because they make quite the awesome couple ....and they make more sense.

pgsuperfan

[123]Feb 1, 2011
    • level: 25

I would take Blair over Serena

mange85

[124]Feb 4, 2011
    • level: 6

I will always take Blair side over serena, beacause serena is a lost troubled soul, and Blair knows what she wants.

iheartgreys101

[125]Mar 27, 2011
    Ugh Blair over Serena, no question about it. Blair is gorgeous, smart, funny, kind and actually has ambitions that don't revolve around men.

Serena- where do I even begin. I can't stand her, the way she talks, the way she dresses (not sure if some of the outfits she wears can even be called outfits, due to their skimpy nature), the way she always screws up things for everyone around her but acts innocent and dumb, the way she ALWAYS blames someone else, her general sluttiness... I could go on and on. I can't believe she's still at Columbia, the school should sue for having their name associated with her in a TV show! Everything she does- flirting with and almost sleeping with her professors, being so annoyingly INDECISIVE about Dan/Nate/ANY GUY and blaming everyone else just gets on my last nerve. Almost stopped watching GG this year because of how much she was pissing me off, but Dair's won me over! Her only redemption is that I think she's a good sister to Eric, but that's about it.

mange85

[126]Mar 31, 2011
    • level: 6
    iheartgreys101 wrote:
    Ugh Blair over Serena, no question about it. Blair is gorgeous, smart, funny, kind and actually has ambitions that don't revolve around men.

Serena- where do I even begin. I can't stand her, the way she talks, the way she dresses (not sure if some of the outfits she wears can even be called outfits, due to their skimpy nature), the way she always screws up things for everyone around her but acts innocent and dumb, the way she ALWAYS blames someone else, her general sluttiness... I could go on and on. I can't believe she's still at Columbia, the school should sue for having their name associated with her in a TV show! Everything she does- flirting with and almost sleeping with her professors, being so annoyingly INDECISIVE about Dan/Nate/ANY GUY and blaming everyone else just gets on my last nerve. Almost stopped watching GG this year because of how much she was pissing me off, but Dair's won me over! Her only redemption is that I think she's a good sister to Eric, but that's about it.
    True that you are writeing.

libertybaker5

[127]Oct 30, 2013
    • level: 1
    I couldn't agree more!

libertybaker5

[128]Oct 30, 2013

B is a million times the person that S is, Blair is intelligent, passionate, funny and has a good heart, she may be be vengeful and scheme-y, but Blair is the best, I will always prefer B over S! Meanwhile Serena is a fickle, (or so she appears) innocent, childish...

I seem to be the only one that notices the difference between Blair and Serena's scheming and revenge.

1) B schemes against true enemies, people she hates.

S schemes/sabotages her best friends.

2) Blair is honest about who she is, she may be vengeful, ungenerous, spoiled, controlling, thinking she's superior to others... but unlike S, B doesn't try to hide it and people still love her for her. Whereas S is just as bad as B if not worse because S is like a poisonous snake, she hides her dark side, and then secretly takes people down.

Sometimes i get so mad at Serena I ALMOST have to stop watching GG for a bit (of course, that's impossible because Gossip Girl is the best show ever made).

Blair may be bitchy, but S is the true bitch.

Not only do I love Blair, but i hate Serena van der Woodsen.

S's It Girl status drives me nuts, S is far from perfect and I'm tired of boys falling at her feet and girls worshiping "Queen S" and most of all, I am tired of S thinking she's perfect.

B may be the goody-two-shoes in school, but S is the goody-two-shoes in life.

Although i love the friendship between S&B, i cannot believe Blair can actually forgive S for all the things S did.

1) Sleeping with Nate when B&N were in a relationship. Sleeping with Dan when B&D were in a relationship (I think this was way worse than what happened with N, because for one, when S slept with N it was because she had feelings for him, she was drunk and she never meant for it to happen (of course this is no excuse), and then afterwards she felt guilty and regretted her actions. Whereas when she slept with D it was only to hurt B, if I was in B's situation i don't think I'd ever be able to forgive S). I love when Blair says to Chuck, "Thank you for never sleeping with Serena." and Chuck responds, "My pleasure."

2) That S was Gossip Girl and it was totally unfair because since S lived with B so S had all the inside information on Blair's marriage and problems.

3) Serena may not mean for these things to happen but If i was B i wouldn't be able to live in S's shadow, S gets the guy, S gets the college, S gets to be Queen at Constance, S gets everything she wants and she doesn't have to ask (apart from Dan).

As for Dair, although i will not argue that Dan and Blair do not belong together, Blair and Dan are the sweetest thing in the whole show. The funny thing is, i actually like them better before they begin their official relationship. I also think it's unfair that S doesn't forgive B for ages, because B denied her feelings for D, she told D that they couldn't be together cause of S, she chose S over D (whereas S never chooses B over guys), and even then, she only got together with Dan once she had Serena's permission/blessing. I love B and D as friends, they have something that S&D or B&C could never have together: A real friendship and connection. They share more things than they think, it really warms my heart how they bond over their love for old movies... B&D are have an amazing connection, and i am so glad they stayed friends. But i always knew they would never end up together because Blair's heart belongs to Chuck.

So, my answer is Blair Cornelia Waldorf all the way!

Bella51

[129]Nov 3, 2013

I have always pulled for Serena! I can't help but empathize with her lack of knowing who she is.

I like Blair as well but don't always appreciate her ways and how she treats her minions, Dorota and other people at times. I see this as her weakness. Serena is capable and just as mean as Blair but she doesn't have the habit of abusing all those in her wake on a continual basis.

I find Serena inspiring in the way she open-heartedly accepts love each time it comes around. That's tough to do anyways in real life after you've had your heartbroken so many times...I only wish I had half her zeal to love another like she does!

talielle

[130]Dec 3, 2013
    • level: 4
    As already stated, in the beginning Serena seemed to be more rootable. I REALLY found Serena annoying during certain parts of the show and before the end of season 2 Blair became my favourite. BLAIR FTW! She's my favourite character