Gossip Girl Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Gossip Girl Questions and Answer Thread

celine_23

[21]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 23
    uchia2000 wrote:
    gam97 wrote:
    I guess we have to remember that Nate`s family is losing most of their money (remember his father?)He wanted to pimp his son and marry him off to Blair inorder to get the deal with her mom
    So Chuck, Blair, Senera, Nates families are millionaires?

Pretty much.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

06hellopplz06

[22]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 9
    Okay sorta of sub here, but i kinda feel sorry for Dan and Jenny sometimes as they are not Millionaires, and everyone else arond them is.. there just stable with their money, like not poor but not million dollar rich. there sorta out of place when he is around all of serina's friends and all that, but what i hate about the school that they go to is that its a popularity vote with money, atleast Serina has a bit of commen sence.. sorry about the off subject thing, i just thought of it as you were talking about money wise with the characters..
    Edited on 04/24/2008 10:25am

gam97

[23]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 13
    uchia2000 wrote:
    gam97 wrote:
    I guess we have to remember that Nate`s family is losing most of their money (remember his father?)He wanted to pimp his son and marry him off to Blair inorder to get the deal with her mom

ummm.... yeah. Thats what Upper East Siders pretty much means!

gam97

[24]Apr 24, 2008

06hellopplz06 wrote:
    Okay sorta of sub here, but i kinda feel sorry for Dan and Jenny sometimes as they are not Millionaires, and everyone else arond them is.. there just stable with their money, like not poor but not million dollar rich. there sorta out of place when he is around all of serina's friends and all that, but what i hate about the school that they go to is that its a popularity vote with money, atleast Serina has a bit of commen sence.. sorry about the off subject thing, i just thought of it as you were talking about money wise with the characters..
    Soooo sorry for the Double post guys but I had to comment on this one.

Yes it is inconvenient that Dan and Jenny are not rich but I really wanna applaud Dan every time I see how centered and focused he is and knowing that not being rich isnt REALLY a personality defect and that ppl have to accepted him and where he came from (for him it is a package deal), unlike his sister Jenny. She so desperately want to shed and renounce every thing that would link her to the shabby place she came from. I really hate this about her and every time I see her, I want to see if her nice, honest and modest upbringing would kick in. She almost killed that hope when she stole the dress. I mean come on! Just one year in there and look what happened to her. she is almost unrecognizable!

06hellopplz06

[25]Apr 25, 2008
    ^^^ Yeah i think that she should listen to dan for once and just get over herself a little and just exept her, and her family for who they are. You dont have to be rich to have fun, and money isnt perfection. ^^^

lerissa2000

[26]Apr 26, 2008
    • level: 5
    uchia2000 wrote:
    gam97 wrote:

Actually no. Chuck is very obviously a multi-billionaire
    Nate's mother is too a billionaire (she paid $1mill bail money and she said she could easily pay 10x that)
    I think Blair and Serena and Nate's dad are probably less as rich

gam97

[27]Apr 27, 2008
    lerissa2000 wrote:
    uchia2000 wrote:
    gam97 wrote:
    So Chuck, Blair, Senera, Nate's families are millionaires?
    Actually no. Chuck is very obviously a multi-billionaire Nate's mother is too a billionaire (she paid $1mill bail money and she said she could easily pay 10x that) I think Blair and Serena and Nate's dad are probably less as rich
    I agree about Nate and maybe Serena but I disagree about Blair. Nate's father needed Blair's mother to sign a deal with him. He said that the deal could have saved him financially(I dont remember the actual words but it was along these lines) So, I guess he wasnt as well off as Blair's mother and he needed her money and connections. Although I have to say that it sound that Nate's family have older money and I guess bluer blood than Blair's because the mother was anxious for the engagement to take place even though they were at such a young age.

06hellopplz06

[28]Apr 27, 2008
    But aren't Nate's parents married? So wouldnt they both be Rich.. i mean sure one can earn more than the other but still.. and with Serena and Blair dont they live in hotels.. along with Chuck also.. i know that Chuck lives in a penthouse, and i've heard Serena's mum say that she lives in a suite, and you see the hotel she stay at in the second episode, and Blair has an Elevator where ever she lives, and where would that be, does Blair live in a house or a hotel??
    Edited on 04/27/2008 4:51am

OneAmanda2

[29]Apr 27, 2008
    • level: 5
    I think Nate's mom has a trust fund or something. Her dad is rich and helped them out when they got married. Blair lives in a Penthouse.

caz259

[30]Apr 27, 2008
    • level: 10
    how on earth is serena rich? what does her mother even do? i know her grandmother is rich but how is she rich?

winkipop69

[31]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 20
    Well Lily came from a rich family for one and its kind of implied that Serena's dad was from one aswell, considering they both went to Ivy-Leagues. She has also had 'multiple divorces to sustain herself' - Thats a quote. So she would have got money from her family and divorces.

yoco007

[32]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 10
    Hey! Does anybody know for sure how many episodes are gonna be?

winkipop69

[33]Apr 28, 2008
    yoco007 wrote:
    Hey! Does anybody know for sure how many episodes are gonna be?

There will be 17 in this season, 4 more after the strike and there will be a second season.

winkipop69

[34]Apr 28, 2008
    When will the second season start to air approximately? Will it start in September? I am not from the US so I don' really know how it will work.

celine_23

[35]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 23
    winkipop69 wrote:
    When will the second season start to air approximately? Will it start in September? I am not from the US so I don' really know how it will work.

I don't know either I'd really appreciate it if someone could make the guestination I watch GG on TVU

saviola0915

[36]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 1
    is there a site dedicated to the fashion gagets in gg? i like a lot of their cloth and shoes but need brand/designer name etc. plz help

dajwet

[37]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 1
    plz i need the neme of the song play in club whene s and g were drunk thx

Taltos19

[38]May 2, 2008
    • level: 8

winkipop69 wrote:

This season the show premiered September 19th, so it's likely to be around the same time next season. Most fall premieres in the US are between the end of August and mid-October, though the odd show can premiere as late as November or December (this isn't counting mid-season shows which generally premiere in January. And sometimes networks have spring premiere dates, too (March/April)).

saviola0915 wrote:
    is there a site dedicated to the fashion gagets in gg? i like a lot of their cloth and shoes but need brand/designer name etc. plz help

The CW does have a 'Style' page HERE.

dajwet wrote:
    plz i need the neme of the song play in club whene s and g were drunk thx

"Nice Sweet Sexy" by DLFx ft Imperio & Cru

Edited on 05/02/2008 9:39pm

oparker

[39]May 5, 2008
    • level: 15
    what was the vannessa hudgens reference to? i wasn't paying attention

Maron-chan

[40]May 7, 2008
    • level: 18
    how long has Serena known Georgina? Were they friends beofore Serena went to the boarding school? And why is Georgina so anxious to ruin Serena's life?